General You like the upgrade?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Do you like the upgrade?

• Total voters

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Where's the "Not sure yet, need to give it a few days" option?

Namaste

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
My new phone came with a samsung browser that has it's own dark mode option that it imposes for me on every website. I can always change it back to light when I feel like it. Check your browser options.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I always thought to myself "Man, I hope they take the easiest forum to use, ever, and muck it up for no reason." Finally, that day has arrived.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I always thought to myself "Man, I hope they take the easiest forum to use, ever, and muck it up for no reason." Finally, that day has arrived.
You know when I was pouring away thousands of dollars, laboring over literal pixel level adjustments to get you as close to a similar experience as possible, and then took the time to give a preemptive post on why this had to be done: Migration Phase 2 I was surely "mucking it up for no reason" :rolleyes:

EDIT FRAT:

Guys here's the "no reason" I'll add to the migration thread since referencing outdated core software wasn't enough:

• Previous forum software end of life over a year ago. NO UPDATES. Increased compatibility failure with new browsers that will never get fixed.

• PHP compatibility end of life December 2019. Inability to upgrade server. Security risk. Hacks and fight night errors galore on the horizon. Sound familiar?

• Server RAM maxing out due to increased traffic and inability to upgrade efficiently due to no competition for old software on new hardware. Cost is high to maintain old platforms.

• Increased server loads patched worked together. All the above and a HUGE time sink (my time sink! sorry guys, its the reality) just to maintain without failure.

You've seen the results of this in your typing in a mobile browser for instance where your text gets wonky and overwrites.

The last 5 years of site? I just put it all back together inside of my days off over a couple months from scratch. Let me repeat that. Half a decade of investment redone on my time off. Design, custom add-on development for features that don't exist anymore (hey IMGUR upload), and new server hardware and software for security. And the only part of all of that is for the admin team is to make it easier to maintain going forward. There are, as stated, things like the Dark theme that are coming. But the timing and move needed to happen so this was is. Just like when we started the site and tweaked it based on user input afterwards for the final touches.

Be unhappy all you want about the change. But I'll personally say it's ignorance at minimum, and a personally rude and offensive characterization, to define the response to these problems as "mucking it up for no reason" while simultaneously bemoaning hacks, admins that don't care about a site, security failures, slow service, stagnant broken layouts.
You don't owe me a love of myself or the site, but at least respect the work output on your behalf with some sort of politeness in your candor.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It's very, very nice. Looks really sharp, with all the same great features. I mean, what's not to like. Me personally, if I were ever to put up a forum for my online buddies to talk about sports on I'd just throw it up there as is, not moderate it or anything and never touch it again. If it dies, it dies.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
So can anybody figure out how to log out or is it just me that can't suss it.
I don't believe I have logged in here since I signed up. Once did the trick for me.

You know, not wanting to test my luck with these confounded machines these days...

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
You know when I was pouring away thousands of dollars, laboring over literal pixel level adjustments to get you as close to a similar experience as possible, and then took the time to give a preemptive post on why this had to be done: Migration Phase 2 I was surely "mucking it up for no reason" :rolleyes:

EDIT FRAT:

Guys here's the "no reason" I'll add to the migration thread since referencing outdated core software wasn't enough:

• Previous forum software end of life over a year ago. NO UPDATES. Increased compatibility failure with new browsers that will never get fixed.

• PHP compatibility end of life December 2019. Inability to upgrade server. Security risk. Hacks and fight night errors galore on the horizon. Sound familiar?

• Server RAM maxing out due to increased traffic and inability to upgrade efficiently due to no competition for old software on new hardware. Cost is high to maintain old platforms.

• Increased server loads patched worked together. All the above and a HUGE time sink (my time sink! sorry guys, its the reality) just to maintain without failure.

You've seen the results of this in your typing in a mobile browser for instance where your text gets wonky and overwrites.

The last 5 years of site? I just put it all back together inside of my days off over a couple months from scratch. Let me repeat that. Half a decade of investment redone on my time off. Design, custom add-on development for features that don't exist anymore (hey IMGUR upload), and new server hardware and software for security. And the only part of all of that is for the admin team is to make it easier to maintain going forward. There are, as stated, things like the Dark theme that are coming. But the timing and move needed to happen so this was is. Just like when we started the site and tweaked it based on user input afterwards for the final touches.

Be unhappy all you want about the change. But I'll personally say it's ignorance at minimum, and a personally rude and offensive characterization, to define the response to these problems as "mucking it up for no reason" while simultaneously bemoaning hacks, admins that don't care about a site, security failures, slow service, stagnant broken layouts.
You don't owe me a love of myself or the site, but at least respect the work output on your behalf with some sort of politeness in your candor.

Dude....I'll never complain about site features...This site belongs to you and Wild @Wild

I'm just happy you pay for all this.

Now link me to the store so I can buy some shit to help out.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The mobile layout and functionality seems a lot more streamlined and user friendly to me.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

EDIT FRAT:

If only there was someone who told you that RAM is key.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Put breadcrumbs at the top as well, please. Sorry if that's already been posted.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I like that we have post ratings in PMs now. It's sort of instinct to react that way when you're on this site so it kind of felt before like something was missing.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Put breadcrumbs at the top as well, please. Sorry if that's already been posted.

Expand this... What's the desired behavior your trying to do that you can't. So I know what you're asking for.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Expand this... What's the desired behavior your trying to do that you can't. So I know what you're asking for.
I believe he's asking for breadcrumbs how SharePoint uses them. I could be wrong. I can get you a screenshot and stuff after I drop mini me off at daycare.

Oooooo, I like how the new software handles URL's. Fancy Smancy.