You now have a calendar.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Any chance of it auto updating with events pulled from promotions wikipedia pages. They all keep event lists on those pages up to date, so it would remove the need for anyone to update it. Just an idea.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Any chance of it auto updating with events pulled from promotions wikipedia pages. They all keep event lists on those pages up to date, so it would remove the need for anyone to update it. Just an idea.
I did see your wikipedia scraping suggestions btw :) They were a good idea but...
Can't be done.
One of the things we are trying to do with the calendar is link people back to the official discussion threads so they don't 1>have to hunt 2> threads don't get duplicated.
There are also smaller events that I think longer time members can be mature enough to add on their own. What if there is some Florida MMA event that is live streamed? Well a user make a thread, add it, and get some more community visualization on that event. This is good for all involved and could help us continue our mission of exposure to up and coming fighters/promotions.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I did see your wikipedia scraping suggestions btw :) They were a good idea but...
Can't be done.
One of the things we are trying to do with the calendar is link people back to the official discussion threads so they don't 1>have to hunt 2> threads don't get duplicated.
There are also smaller events that I think longer time members can be mature enough to add on their own. What if there is some Florida MMA event that is live streamed? Well a user make a thread, add it, and get some more community visualization on that event. This is good for all involved and could help us continue our mission of exposure to up and coming fighters/promotions.
Fair enough. I see your point, perhaps, when there is more time available to devote to minor things like the calendar, that an amalgamation between automated and user input could be brought to fruition.