You top 5 favorite UFC cards?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Just curious.. what's everyone's top 5 all time favorite shows (main card) from top to bottom?

I cannot pick an order to put them, as in which event was better than others.. So I'll list em chronologically. However, feel free to list yours any way you'd like! I am going go check out everyone's lists and if any cards pop up that I may have forgotten about I'm gonna put em on and rewatch.

Thinking about this, there are so many events that had an absolutely epic main event, but the undercard was "eh"... So, even though something like My top 5 (that I can think of at the moment anyway)

Ultimate Ultimate 96
UFC 31
UFC 79
UFC 84
UFC 189

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
UFC 189 would have been my 6th choice.

Vitor/Wideman was an emotional rollercoaster.

DC/Rumble was sick

Browne/Arlovski was fight of the year

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
There are so many honorable mentions, like UFC 139 (Shogun vs Hendo + Wand vs Cung), UFC 100, UFC 134 (this one would have been number 5 due to Nogueira, Shogun and Anderson's amazing wins, but 189 was just too epic from start to finish to exclude it)...UFC 146, UFC 117, UFC 166, UFC 52, UFC 43...

These are just off of memory too - shows that from top to bottom were filled with amazing scraps that stuck out in my mind. However, after thinking about it a lot (again based off memory, perhaps if I went online and looked at every single card in a row I may come to a different conclusion), the 5 shows listed above are my all time favorites.

--------------------------

UU96 and UFC 31 were before my time, but my god what great shows they were. The second Ultimate Ultimate was the best tournament of the old SEG days, both on paper and the way it played out. UFC 31 was the best show from the early Zuffa period by far, with every fight back to back being insane. So many crazy finishes on that show with real legends of the game all over the lineup.

UFC 79 was a phenomenal event. The Clementi vs Guillard fight had real bad blood behind it and the way it went down and ended was straight out of pro wrestling, but better. Machida looked like a beast, GSP solidified himself as the next WW king, but most importantly, the long awaited fight between Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva finally happened.

It may have been a few years too late, but the fight played out just as we'd all hoped it would for years. Although I think it was closer than the judges cards indicate, and Liddell was surely knocked down by Wanderlei (a slip? Really?), every moment of that fight was terrific.

UFC 84 was very similar to 79, with all time legends duking it out and another GOAT cementing his status as the best fighter in his weight class - BJ Penn. He destroyed Sean Sherk in possibly the best performance of his career, capping it off with a ridiculous knockout. Wanderlei absolutely SMOKED Keith Jardine in one of the most brutal knockouts we have seen, reminding everybody why he was called the Axe Murderer in the first place.

The Machida vs Tito fight was crazy and the ending was a jump out of your seat moment, where it actually seemed like Tito may pull it off, and give the finger even more to Dana & the UFC on his way out of the company (if you don't remember their beef around this time, it was the last fight on Tito's contract and he even showed up to the weigh ins wearing a "Dana is my Bitch" shirt).

UFC 189 is still fresh in all of our minds so I doubt I need to go over that one too much for potential new fans who may be reading. But I believe,. by far, 189 was the most spectacular card of the last 10 years that the UFC has put on. Opening the card, we had the two flying knee KOs by Almeida and Stephens, the Gunnar Nelson beatdown of Thatch (who appeared an entire weight class larger than Gunnar)... and of course, the FOTY absolute WAR between Robbie Lawler and Rory McDonald. The type of fight that people will go back and watch decades from now.

The main event of UFC 189 had a special feel, from the entrances all the way up to the picture perfect knockout Conor pulled off on easily the second best fighter in the 145 division at the time - Chad Mendes, who had beaten every man put in front of him except for the champion, Jose Aldo, and he had come pretty close to doing it less than a year prior.

Anyway, that's my favorite 5 cards and the reasons why! If anyone is reading that has not seen one of, or any of these shows, I HIGHLY recommend going on Fight Pass and queuing them up. Prepare for hours of the best combat sports you can possibly see - you will not be disappointed

What are yours?

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
UFC 189 would have been my 6th choice.

Vitor/Wideman was an emotional rollercoaster.

DC/Rumble was sick

Browne/Arlovski was fight of the year
Dude, I cannot believe I forgot about 187 in the shadow of thinking about 189

That was an absolutely nuts event. I remember when it was over I thought it was by far one of the best cards I'd ever seen. Vitor vs Weidman was one of the best 2 minute fights you'll ever see with both guys doing what makes them great in a fire fight both ways. DC vs Rumble was high drama with DC almost getting KO'd right off the bat. Browne vs AA? I don't even need to say anything about that. That fucking fight was psychotic.

Good call man and I'm glad you brought this up. I even forgot it in my honorable mentions, again, in the shadow of 189 being so soon afterward.

A lot of people have their gripes with Zuffa, including myself - and rightfully so. But no matter what, this has been a great year in MMA fight wise, with some amazing cards, shocking upsets, crazy main events... and it's about to get better in less than a week from now. I can't see 194 not being fucking amazing, on the level of the cards mentioned in this thread

Holy fuck. I LOVE MMA. God damn I can't wait for this weekend, all 3 shows!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Off the top I remember ones like

146 (all HW card)

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
In chronological order...

UFC 6 (got me hooked on MMA after renting a VHS copy... war Tank)
UU 96
UFC 47
UFC 100
UFC 189

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I really have a feeling that 194 is going to be added to these lists right after it's over. The match making on it is so perfect. I can't see a single one of those main card fights being a let down, not even Gunnar vs Maia.

I am counting the days until this show. It reminds me of when I first got into MMA and when a bigger show would come around, the thought of it would consume my mind for weeks. Watching as much training footage, countdowns etc as possible. Nowadays since there are sooo many shows it's rare you get one as stacked from top to bottom as 194. But man, that feeling is back for sure. I felt the same about 189, but going in, I wasn't as excited about the 3 undercard fights as I am for 194's.

Stephens vs Bermudez, Almeida vs Pickett and Gunnar vs Thatch all seemed like they were gonna be great fights leading in, but Gunnar vs Maia, Jacare vs Romero and Holloway vs Stephens on paper are superior. Whether thy turn out to be better fights themselves remains to be seen, but every single fight on that main card is ridiculous. The prelims are nuts too.

People give Joe Silva and Shelby shit - and they do make some seemingly baffling decisions sometimes - but this show was matched perfectly. So many great fighters in their prime facing off against each other with style matchups that you can't help but think are going to create crazy wars.

m40a3

Nov 25, 2015
im so bad at remembering full cards... So After like 30 seconds thought i spose that brazil card wer anderson fought bonnar in the main was good fun , maia v story , anderson bonnar cant remember the other fights but i know i was entertained , i think the japan card with stann v wanderlei was a gooden but maybe im remembering with rose tinted specs coz i swear i almost welled up after that fight wanderleis return to japan an all that. Fuck im struggling already loll errrm bigfoot v velasquez 2 was a good card i think ? an thats me done All fairly recent but memory like a sieve peeps sorry haha