You won't be seeing me so often, but I'll miss you guys!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Because my life just went from this......

To this.....

........and in a few weeks when the fire season kicks in it will become this........

and only two days into this major life transition, all I can say is "Holy fuck, it hurts, it hurts all over!!" My 45 year-old bones are worked like they haven't been in at least ten years, and maybe ever. Motherfucking chainsawing all day is definitely not bitch work! After 8 years sitting in a shitty office chair my back is crying, and if you bothered to read this far...........you are the only one listening. End of whiny whine!!

On the bright side, fresh air, tremendous exercise, beautiful scenery..........and I signed up for it knowing what i was going to be in for. Come the fall, I am back in the office again. Just getting paid to whip my self into great shape, with a lot of blisters, scrapes and bruises along the way.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Oh, I forgot to mention the reason why I am not going to be able to post as regularly during this time...........it's because I will be laying in a hot fucking bath instead, then going to bed at 8:30 at night so I can rise at 4:30 am. HUGE shock to the system, and total change of lifestyle. In the last 30 years i have had two baths, both times because i was high on mushrooms while taking a piss and the bathtub was talking to me, telling me bubbles are fun! Now I have had baths two nights in a row.........weird, but it helps!

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
good luck bro . i worked in the bush for a few years in the 90s. the money is great but the work is hard as hell. the bonus is you get the spring off and collect top dollar EI.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
good luck bro . i worked in the bush for a few years in the 90s. the money is great but the work is hard as hell. the bonus is you get the spring off and collect top dollar EI.
Thanks buddy..........I won't be riding the EI train after this season as I have my business to return to in the fall, as well as some additional business on top of that, but I also worked in the bush doing tree brushing from 96 to 2001 and I know what you mean. There was nothing like coming out of a season and having that down time with max EI, or maybe doing some travelling between seasons. This time it's all about shocking my system and testing my physical abilities before they deteriorate too much with age. It's just one big fat self challenge with good health as the reward..........providing I don't lose a limb in the process. Fucking saw gets heavy as the day goes on, and I put a nice nick in my new chaps on day one...........took it into the Kevlar. That was a turn off the saw and sit my ass down for five minutes moment, lol!

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
im sure you will come up with some thread worthy tales just from being out in the mountains and working with the crew. all loggers are crazy bastards and add in some chainsaws and heavy equipment and something is bound to happen.

Feb 28, 2015
That's an exciting adventure! Take good care out there and yeah, baths with epsom salts will be very helpful!

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Godspeed young man

And may the spirit of mad max vitor watch over you

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
To do that work at 45 you must be part machine. Kudos to you. I can't run my chainsaw for 15 minutes without stopping to stretch my fucked up back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
good luck. stay safe!

on the plus side you will have some more cool stories when you return :cool:

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
One week under my belt and the scrapes, blisters and bruises are awesome! At last, I won't have to hesitate to extend my soft office hand when somebody goes to shake it.

On the sight selfie because I'm gay like that!

This is our lunch room, and these are my coworkers for the day!

One is a grizzly bear......

...and one is a crusty ole fuck with an amazing way with words and incredible stories.

........and finally, me fucking the dog before a stunning drive home at the end of the day!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6tF-T9XQ10

Last edited:

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
great job brotha!! awesome pics!! looks like you are winning at life!
Thanks RJ! This is why I couldn't commit to meet for camping and beers this summer, every week is uncertain as to where I am going to be until September.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Awesome sgotwalks @sgotwalks. Looks like you're back in your world and having a blast. I look forward to you documenting the journey and sharing it with us my man.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
sgotwalks @sgotwalks you are fucking awesome. Thats some hard work and dedication. One season I'll sign I think and get some wildfire experience.