General You'd be surprised

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Schaub isn’t my cup of tea but he’s a great example of how a fighter can have a successful career after they’re done in the cage.

He scored some major points with me for his Dana feud. It’s the only time I can think of where someone shut Dana the fuck up.

To this day Dana has not said a thing about Schaub.
Eskimo brothers how?
They banged the same chick?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Eskimo brothers how?
They banged the same chick?
people speculate that Brandon and Dana both had sex with Ronda

I think Brandon did for sure, I think they dated for a few weeks/months...not sure about Dana

Not sure about Dana because I find ronda unattractive and Danus can get the best females money can buy

hence the eskimo references

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
people speculate that Brandon and Dana both had sex with Ronda

I think Brandon did for sure, I think they dated for a few weeks/months...not sure about Dana

Not sure about Dana because I find ronda unattractive and Danus can get the best females money can buy

hence the eskimo references
This^
They did date and I remember Brandon saying Honda basically smelled and wouldn't take showers often...

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I'm not suggesting he's God's gift to comedy, but people pretend he's about 3 times as bad as he actually is because it's the cool thing to do.
Did you see the two videos posted by Splinty? I'll be the first to admit that I don't like him, but damn those were bad. I really hope the Michael Jackson bit was from his first couple of times on stage.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I worked in a comedy club in various roles for about 5 years. (Not on stage as a comic although I did get in stage for reasons I won't go into)

Schaub's work is poor. He's at the level of a open mic night comic IF he is lucky.

M

member 3289

Most people don’t understand that when you are in public, people are eager to laugh and don’t want to embarrass the person speaking. You can say about anything and if people know it was intended as a joke they give you a courtesy laugh.
Have you ever been to a wedding? The best man speech no matter how horrible it is, will always get laughs. I think it’s a psychological reaction from the crowd. They know how scared they would be to be up their on the mic so they laugh because they see themselves up there and don’t want to see the person fail.
When you record a special. You have to genuinely be funny because there is no reason for the person at home to laugh unless you make them laugh. It takes a huge amount of skill.

Schaub has only done small live comedy shows where people know who he is. They know he is an ex UFC fighter who is trying to do stand up and they move the goal posts for him.
A wider audience doesn’t know or care what his background is, and expect him to be as good as the other comedians they see on Netflix, who have usually been honing there acts for a decade or so.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Did you see the two videos posted by Splinty? I'll be the first to admit that I don't like him, but damn those were bad. I really hope the Michael Jackson bit was from his first couple of times on stage.
The Michael Jackson bit looked a lot like he was just riffing material. The second bit was okay. It's quality was exasperated by the dogshit animation.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
The Michael Jackson bit looked a lot like he was just riffing material. The second bit was okay. It's quality was exasperated by the dogshit animation.
You’re giving him the benefit of a doubt for sure. I’m not so willing to do that, but i am willing to view some more of his material to get a real feel for his ability. Those are the only two i have ever seen.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
You’re giving him the benefit of a doubt for sure. I’m not so willing to do that, but i am willing to view some more of his material to get a real feel for his ability. Those are the only two i have ever seen.
Because I heard the bit before watching it.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016

bill w
½May 19, 2019
Bus and truck version of Bryan who's a buck and truck version of Chris

This is what cracks me up^^^ Rogan calls out joke thieves...but is friends with two of the biggest shtick thieves in comedy...their entire stage and podcast styles are based upon Chris Delia with a bit of Sasso thrown in
Joe has yes men as much as he has friends

I saw a couple of brandon's promos for this and they are very cringe...so many deserving comedians are quietly(not publicly cause of Joe) are pissed and happy B is such a tool as a "comedian"
Bryan Callen has been doing the same style of act since before Chris D'elia ever did stand up. Chris is a great comic but to say that Bryan stole his schtick just kind of shows that you don't know what you're talking about.

EDIT: They also had successful podcasts before Chris did, unless you count the Ten Minute Pod that Chris was on with Sasso and...........

Bryan Callen.

Your timeline is confused.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
I worked in a comedy club in various roles for about 5 years. (Not on stage as a comic although I did get in stage for reasons I won't go into)

Schaub's work is poor. He's at the level of a open mic night comic IF he is lucky.
Haha... You haven't been in the real trenches then. I once saw an open mic comic literally freeze to the point where he said nothing for over 3 minutes. That's not an exaggeration; frankly it was probably longer than that. Not saying Schaub is a good comic but to say he's an open mic comic "if he's lucky" is a major stretch. Go hit up a show at a pizza place with no mic and tell me what you see is better than what Schaub does.

Last edited:

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
This thread is triggering me.

Not even because it's Schaub. I haven't seen his special so I don't know if it's any good or not.

Y'all just don't understand the comedic process or really anything surrounding the business. You guys sound like my friends when they come over for fight nights and they call every punch a "cross" trying to sound like they know what's going on.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018

Not even because it's Schaub. I haven't seen his special so I don't know if it's any good or not.

Y'all just don't understand the comedic process or really anything surrounding the business. You guys sound like my friends when they come over for fight nights and they call every punch a "cross" trying to sound like they know what's going on.
You don’t have to be a plumber to know shit smells. Schaub isn’t funny. You are also the one picking your dumb friends.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
You don’t have to be a plumber to know shit smells. Schaub isn’t funny. You are also the one picking your dumb friends.
Once again, it has nothing to do with whether or not Schaub is funny. He probably isn't, because comedy is very hard and not very understood by people outside of whether or not they laughed. This thread shows that pretty clearly, actually.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Once again, it has nothing to do with whether or not Schaub is funny. He probably isn't, because comedy is very hard and not very understood by people outside of whether or not they laughed. This thread shows that pretty clearly, actually.
You are over complicating it. Intelligent well thought out isn't always funny, sometimes it is. Sometimes a fart joke is just plain funny. People know what funny is no matter how you try to say they don't.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015

Wait a damn minute, are you telling me that every punch isn’t a Cross?

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
You are over complicating it. Intelligent well thought out isn't always funny, sometimes it is. Sometimes a fart joke is just plain funny. People know what funny is no matter how you try to say they don't.
I am not talking about funny. I am talking about comedy, as in the business, and what it takes to be a comedian. I understand that people inherently know what is funny to them.

Basically, comedy is like fighting, only that MORE people think they can do it, and more people immediately think they know what they're talking about.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I am not talking about funny. I am talking about comedy, as in the business, and what it takes to be a comedian. I understand that people inherently know what is funny to them.

Basically, comedy is like fighting, only that MORE people think they can do it, and more people immediately think they know what they're talking about.
Nobody in this thread is talking about that. He mostly sucks or a couple find him slightly amusing is what’s being discussed. No matter what anyone does whether comedy or brain surgery, those with experience who are also good at their craft make it look easy. Dumb people may not realize that.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Haha... You haven't been in the real trenches then. I once saw an open mic comic literally freeze to the point where he said nothing for over 3 minutes. That's not an exaggeration; frankly it was probably longer than that. Not saying Schaub is a good comic but to say he's an open mic comic "if he's lucky" is a major stretch. Go hit up a show at a pizza place with no mic and tell me what you see is better than what Schaub does.
I'd like to think that I've been in the "trenches."

My idea of an open mic and yours I suspect are different.

The club/chain I worked for would not allow people to just walk up from the audience. They were people who had planned previously to be on stage.

What I suspect you are talking about is people just walking cold out of the audience on stage.

Schaub has poor material, with little to no creativity, or actual humour, and the only thing I can credit him for is actual great timing. It doesn't save the act though. He's paid for the material I suspect and he got what he paid for, an act, but it's about as creative as sand in your shoe.

By the way, I have worked for comics who did national tours and one who had his own national show.