General You'd be surprised

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Bryan Callen has been doing the same style of act since before Chris D'elia ever did stand up. Chris is a great comic but to say that Bryan stole his schtick just kind of shows that you don't know what you're talking about.

EDIT: They also had successful podcasts before Chris did, unless you count the Ten Minute Pod that Chris was on with Sasso and...........

Bryan Callen.

Your timeline is confused.
Negative ghostrider not confused

Callen acting gay is origin....rest is a rip-off

Shaubis a mirror of Chris...along with his meathead shtick

Last edited:

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
I'd like to think that I've been in the "trenches."

My idea of an open mic and yours I suspect are different.

The club/chain I worked for would not allow people to just walk up from the audience. They were people who had planned previously to be on stage.

What I suspect you are talking about is people just walking cold out of the audience on stage.

Schaub has poor material, with little to no creativity, or actual humour, and the only thing I can credit him for is actual great timing. It doesn't save the act though. He's paid for the material I suspect and he got what he paid for, an act, but it's about as creative as sand in your shoe.

By the way, I have worked for comics who did national tours and one who had his own national show.
You are right, we are talking about a different open mic. I would wager to guess that the open mics I am referring to are more frequent, but nonetheless I take back what I said.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Negative ghostrider not confused

Callen acting gay is origin....rest is a rip-off

Shaubis a mirror of Chris...along with his meathead shtick
Btw how did Callen rip Chris's style off when he was doing it before Chris ever did stand up? That wasn't addressed.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Chris D'elia is a meathead? Haha... I am going to cry.
Not what I meant
Brandon is a mix of chris's mannerisms and word games/tricks mixed with Brandon's meathead shtick(Brandon meathead is his original material)

LOL Bryan and Brendan use a lot of sasso and chris's style(from TMP, loved that pod and bryan was truly the third wheel...still funny though)

I listen to some shaub and callen for unintentional comedy and low grade laughs...they are fine to me...but their standup is not good...nor is rogan's

have a great day bro...just read the thread and probably wouldn't have posted if I knew this stuff was triggering ya

I am happy a fighter is hugely successful outside of fighting...Brendo is just way out of his league and ahead of himself comedy wise

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
have a great day bro...just read the thread and probably wouldn't have posted if I knew this stuff was triggering ya
It wasn't triggering me to the point that you shouldn't express your opinions. I was exaggerating. I would have to be a grade A sissy boy for that to be the case.

(I am at most a grade C sissy boy.)

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Btw how did Callen rip Chris's style off when he was doing it before Chris ever did stand up? That wasn't addressed.
I know callen was in the game way before chris...he was dancing and acting fake macho and gay
but after TMP he ripped a bunch of the lingo and style from his buddies

I don't blame him because when you hang with people you often begin to emulate them...I just see it and commented on it

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
For the record, nobody should have a special 3 years in, but good for Schaub. It's GOING to suck for sure, but I am glad he's successful. I am sure there are a lot of jealous people out there.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Most people don’t understand that when you are in public, people are eager to laugh and don’t want to embarrass the person speaking. You can say about anything and if people know it was intended as a joke they give you a courtesy laugh.
Have you ever been to a wedding? The best man speech no matter how horrible it is, will always get laughs. I think it’s a psychological reaction from the crowd. They know how scared they would be to be up their on the mic so they laugh because they see themselves up there and don’t want to see the person fail.
When you record a special. You have to genuinely be funny because there is no reason for the person at home to laugh unless you make them laugh. It takes a huge amount of skill.

Schaub has only done small live comedy shows where people know who he is. They know he is an ex UFC fighter who is trying to do stand up and they move the goal posts for him.
A wider audience doesn’t know or care what his background is, and expect him to be as good as the other comedians they see on Netflix, who have usually been honing there acts for a decade or so.
I am a great public speaker. I channel my inner farage and just go for it.

In fact I'd make a great politician. Brb tweeting nigel

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fucking Twitter cocksuckers!

I guess my tweeting days are over. Removing it is like apologizing and the good Prince can't abide apologies!

Fuck Twitter!

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You are right, we are talking about a different open mic. I would wager to guess that the open mics I am referring to are more frequent, but nonetheless I take back what I said.
One thing is for sure, stand up comedy is something that a lot of people are very passionate about as a craft.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
For the record, nobody should have a special 3 years in, but good for Schaub. It's GOING to suck for sure, but I am glad he's successful. I am sure there are a lot of jealous people out there.
Agreed. To have a special on a network specifically for him is far too early and his material shows it. He does have some good timing though when it comes to events happening around him outside his material. You can tell he's probably a funny guy when hanging out with friend etc on his podcast etc but when you just have your own material to work with, it's got to be strong, and clever imo, or it doesn't translate well for you.

I watched Schaub's entire show and literally had to force myself to do so. I spent 5 years watching 1 to 2 shows a night with 3 to 4 comics on a show 4 days a week and after that there were regular comics that I could do their act verbatim but the timing of an act and how to play it to a crowd is tough and part of the skill. Schaub is ahead of the grade in that timing area but his material is sooo weak. I would wonder if he wrote it himself, in a group or paid others to do it.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Sad because I have no friends or sad because you are my friend? If you are willing to claim that publicly I will amend my statement to N @Never_Rolled to: “jokes on you I only have one friend and he thinks I’m super smart you big meanie.”
You're my internet friend so that's like 1.5 friends.