Young Han Solo

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015

Though it's not official yet, sources are reporting Alden Ehrenreich has been cast as the young Han Solo that will be appearing the Star Wars spinoff film.

Link: Alden Ehrenreich Cast as the Young Han Solo!

I don't know much about this guy but I'm not incredibly excited about a young Han Solo movie. Lawrence Kasdan is co-writing so it could be worse I suppose. It just seems to me that as big as the Star Wars universe is they could make movies without having to rely on ideas like this. I'm trying to be open minded about it so we'll see.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
I'll watch it...but FFS where is my Boba Fett film?

Last edited:

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
that moment a post needs an optimistic rating, and we have no such rating :( Boba Fett spinoff .. ha!

that guy looks a bit like Christian Slater ... but hopefully with better acting

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I'll watch it...but FFS where is my Boba Fett film?

that moment a post needs an optimistic rating, and we have no such rating :( Boba Fett spinoff .. ha!

that guy looks a bit like Christian Slater ... but hopefully with better acting
They're actually making a Bobba Fett spin off.
That's a movie I want even less than the adventures of young han solo.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
They're actually making a Bobba Fett spin off.
That's a movie I want even less than the adventures of young han solo.
oh sweet. I gotta admit though, when I read the novel about him I was a bit underwhelmed. The Mace Windu one was awesome though and he is a character I hated in the movies, for very obvious reasons. If he ever got a spinoff AND they cast the same actor, I would actually boycott it for life.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I'm sorry, I really liked The Force Awakens but they almost went full retard and ruined it with Jar Jar Black Guy, and now they are pushing to replace an established character with another black guy? Boba Fett is in the movies and the cartoon series and he ain't black.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I'm sorry, I really liked The Force Awakens but they almost went full retard and ruined it with Jar Jar Black Guy, and now they are pushing to replace an established character with another black guy? Boba Fett is in the movies and the cartoon series and he ain't black.
It's just a rumour at the moment but have we seen Bobba unmasked as an adult?

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
fuck it, may as well cast a black guy as a young Han Solo too.

and Lando Calrissian as an asian.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
They could use the fact the clone troopers were age accelerated and that something happened with Bobba that his looks changed when aged appropriately.
Dang. I should write this Fett spinoff. Lol

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
I'll be honest i'll happily take a Black Fett...or a mutt like myself

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
They could use the fact the clone troopers were age accelerated and that something happened with Bobba that his looks changed when aged appropriately.
Dang. I should write this Fett spinoff. Lol
I don't believe Boba had his age accelerated, so he's just a normal cloned child otherwise he would've died like all the other clones.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I'm sure someone reading all this thinks I'm racist but I really don't mind what colour a character is as long as they stick to it once the movies or episodes have been released. What this says to me is the entire Boba spinoff will NOT be considered as official canon, though it it will be cool to have more Star Wars. George Lucas ultimately got to decide what was official and what wasn't before, for better or worse, but now Disney can do anything and looks like we will have to consider it a legitimate part of the overall story.

what a mess.

was pretty bad when they killed the same character multiple times across the franchise but what really bugged me was the refusal to acknowledge some of the better novels like The Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn. They would make pretty amazing movies too but George Lucas hated them. Perhaps the upside to all this is Disney might be willing to make them, considering the massive success of The Force Awakens

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I'm sure someone reading all this thinks I'm racist but I really don't mind what colour a character is as long as they stick to it once the movies or episodes have been released. What this says to me is the entire Boba spinoff will NOT be considered as official canon, though it it will be cool to have more Star Wars. George Lucas ultimately got to decide what was official and what wasn't before, for better or worse, but now Disney can do anything and looks like we will have to consider it a legitimate part of the overall story.

what a mess.

was pretty bad when they killed the same character multiple times across the franchise but what really bugged me was the refusal to acknowledge some of the better novels like The Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn. They would make pretty amazing movies too but George Lucas hated them. Perhaps the upside to all this is Disney might be willing to make them, considering the massive success of The Force Awakens
They may take cues from the expanded universe but Disney was behind creating the "legends" material so I doubt we'll get outright Thrawn movies.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
They may take cues from the expanded universe but Disney was behind creating the "legends" material so I doubt we'll get outright Thrawn movies.
oh have they announced more than the Han and Boba spinoffs? or just that they are doing them in general

I heard about the Rebel Rogue One movie but that's finished filming I think

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
mmhm if Rogue One isn't by Disney (says Lucasfilms) I wonder what that means for the possibility of seeing the Thrawn Trilogy