General Your best instant pot recipes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I have cooked with traditional pressure cookers in the past, but have no experience with the instant pot syle cookers. I got my mother a pressure cooker last year for christmas, but she was too intimidated to use it, which bummed me out. She has friends with instant pots, and she liked them in theory, so this year I bought her one. Since they were on special on cyber minday, I thought fuck it, I'll get myself one as well. I know a few of you have one, so I'm wondering if you have any go-to recipes for me to try out. Passive Jay @Passive Jay Wild @Wild

I have cooked with traditional pressure cookers in the past, but have no experience with the instant pot syle cookers. I got my mother a pressure cooker last year for christmas, but she was too intimidated to use it, which bummed me out. She has friends with instant pots, and she liked them in theory, so this year I bought her one. Since they were on special on cyber minday, I thought fuck it, I'll get myself one as well. I know a few of you have one, so I'm wondering if you have any go-to recipes for me to try out. Passive Jay @Passive Jay Wild @Wild
I'll ask the missus as she makes them all the time. I meant to ask last time for Jay.... I'll try to add later

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
This is our one

I still don't really have a concept of these, just know people seem to rave about them as being easy to operate, awesome tasting food, and minimal prep work for dishes that would typically take a long time to prepare (let alone cook).

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't even know what those are
are they a pressure cooker or a crock pot or both?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Both.

You can slow cook in them but they’re basically a digital pressure cooker. So you can speed up basic cooking. Plenty of uses especially if you like stews and such...

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Both.

You can slow cook in them but they’re basically a digital pressure cooker. So you can speed up basic cooking. Plenty of uses especially if you like stews and such...
I have never even used a pressure cooker...I/we can with boiling water and I use crock pot for stew and some other great stuff

can't wait to hear some recipes...might get one of these things

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
We got one just last week. So far, I have only made stew, oatmeal, beans, potatoes, hard boiled eggs. Everything has been easy as hell and all has turned out perfect.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
They can pressure cook but not to the ability of a true pressure cooker. They also can be used in many more cooking applications than a pressure cooker can since they can slow cook, be set for specific times to start and end cooking (like put the food in them before leaving for work, program cooking to start at a specific time, then get home and the food is done), and they also have quite a few preprogrammed settings for specific types of food, so there is no guessing game on temperature needed, nor time of cooking.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I’d start out with a beef roast, potatoes, and carrots. That’s a pretty simple combo to get your feet wet. May want to search YouTube as well. Probably some good videos on there.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I have never even used a pressure cooker...I/we can with boiling water and I use crock pot for stew and some other great stuff

can't wait to hear some recipes...might get one of these things
Pressure cookers, true pressure cooker, are unbelievable. The instant pots have some of that quality, but don't have the capability of a true pressure cooker. Having said that, they seem to do a bit of everything, so they in theory simplify the cooking process.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I’d start out with a beef roast, potatoes, and carrots. That’s a pretty simple combo to get your feet wet. May want to search YouTube as well. Probably some good videos on there.
That is a very detailed and informative recipe. I'll try to follow it, but it is so detailed that I'm sur I will miss something.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I've heard that they make pretty good rice cookers but Banchan @Banchan would be a better judge of the quality than I
Yeah they can do that too. They can also cook beans without having to presoak. I'd imagine when it comes to rice that it wouldn't perform as well as a true rice cooker, but who knows.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Yeah they can do that too. They can also cook beans without having to presoak. I'd imagine when it comes to rice that it wouldn't perform as well as a true rice cooker, but who knows.
It's a swiss army knife for the kitchen. It's not really as good as any of the things it's meant to replace but it does a pretty good job at a lot of things.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I’m just messing around with simple stuff, getting used to it. I’ll step up to something more involved soon. I’ve been Googling recipes so far, all have been good.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Papi Chingon @I Punch Hoes - searching YouTube was a real motherfucker. Took like 20 seconds so make sure you have a ton of time set aside to do some research....fuckface.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
It's a swiss army knife for the kitchen. It's not really as good as any of the things it's meant to replace but it does a pretty good job at a lot of things.
That’s kind of how I see it overall. Plus I’m easy af to satisfy. I don’t need gourmet food.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
There’s a bunch of stuff I made in the cooking thread when I first got mine. Ribs are fucking incredible, so tender the bone wants to fall out taking them out of the pot.

Lifestyle - Whatcha cooking?

I think I gave directions on most of them but basically you throw your sit in there and turn it on.

Made this chilli, 45 min on meat/stew.

I highly recommend those canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. And that dill was in the first picture by mistake, had some cumin in the same type of container and grabbed the dill first. Thank Christ I noticed. Dill chilli would not be a good thing.