Your diet?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
I was just watching that. They did an experiment with 2 exploreres that ate steak only for a year or sonething, and it didn't detrimentally affect their health. I feel like turn of the century.
Isn’t that sort of what caused Brock to get diverticulitis?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I was just watching that. They did an experiment with 2 exploreres that ate steak only for a year or sonething, and it didn't detrimentally affect their health. I feel like turn of the century.
I'm trying to do some due diligence before going down the path, but the issue is we know that everything we've ever been taught about nutrition is a crock of shit since the news about the fudged sugar industry fat reports came out.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Isn’t that sort of what caused Brock to get diverticulitis?
I agree with Wintermute @peter_weyland that there's probably a degree of disposition. I also find it curious that when you have diverticulitis this is the diet they recommend:

A diverticulitis diet starts with only clear liquids for a few days. Examples of items allowed on a clear liquid diet include:

• Broth
  • Fruit juices without pulp, such as apple juice
  • Ice chips
  • Ice pops without bits of fruit or fruit pulp
  • Gelatin
  • Water
  • Tea or coffee without cream

As you start feeling better, your doctor will recommend that you slowly add low-fiber foods. Examples of low-fiber foods include:

• Canned or cooked fruits without skin or seeds
  • Canned or cooked vegetables such as green beans, carrots and potatoes (without the skin)
  • Eggs, fish and poultry
  • Refined white bread
  • Fruit and vegetable juice with no pulp
  • Low-fiber cereals
  • Milk, yogurt and cheese
  • White rice, pasta and noodles
I find it somewhat counter intuitive that the treatment for a condition caused by a low fiber diet, is a low fiber diet.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
I agree with Wintermute @peter_weyland that there's probably a degree of disposition. I also find it curious that when you have diverticulitis this is the diet they recommend:

I find it somewhat counter intuitive that the treatment for a condition caused by a low fiber diet, is a low fiber diet.
Are we talking Diverticulitis? Or UC? Diverticulitis is just inflammation of the divirticula. I think the etiology is unknown?
It is unclear what role dietary fibre plays in diverticulitis.[6] It is often stated that a diet low in fibre is a risk factor; however, the evidence to support this is unclear.[6] There is no evidence to suggest that the avoidance of nuts and seeds prevents the progression of diverticulosis to an acute case of diverticulitis.[8] It appears in fact that a higher intake of nuts and corn could help to avoid diverticulitis in adult males.[8]

UC is totally different.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Are we talking Diverticulitis? Or UC? Diverticulitis is just inflammation of the divirticula. I think the etiology is unknown?
It is unclear what role dietary fibre plays in diverticulitis.[6] It is often stated that a diet low in fibre is a risk factor; however, the evidence to support this is unclear.[6] There is no evidence to suggest that the avoidance of nuts and seeds prevents the progression of diverticulosis to an acute case of diverticulitis.[8] It appears in fact that a higher intake of nuts and corn could help to avoid diverticulitis in adult males.[8]

UC is totally different.
UC?

ronniejohnson09

Aug 2, 2022
I have become very diet conscious since I've diagnosed with diabetes. So I literally prefer proteins and fibers in my diet to fats and carbs.

lamarclark09

Oct 20, 2022
I mostly preferred to eat a healthy diet. I am really concerned about what I am eating. Recently I followed the Gracie diet which is ultimately the most amazing diet chart ever I could ever receive. I follow all the instructions and this keeps me healthy but also energetic.