Your Most Unpopular MMA Opinion?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Nick Diaz still GOAT

Posting Machine
Mar 1, 2016
GSP should get any fight he ever wants.
Cruz is fucking horrible to watch.
I can't stand Belfort because he was a career drug cheat, and all he gets is praise for it.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
GSP should get any fight he ever wants.
agreed

oblique kicks are fucking dirty and should only be used in life or death situations in the street. they have no place in competition fighting

there should be no upper limit to the heavyweight division

they should make 165 and 175/ scrap 170

hydration tests should be a normal thing

fighters should be disqualified if they continue to attack opponents who are completely out

ice should be spilled in the cage at every numbered UFC show in north america

Frank Shamrock could have been the 2nd greatest of all time but pissed away his prime years because of his ego and lack of foresight.

Carlos Newton could have been the greatest of all time but pissed away his entire career by never committing to a professional trainer with a professional team.

The early pioneers of women's mma were completely talentless and a joke to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Also, I don't think this opinion is really that bad but, based on what people seem to argue for, I'd say my belief that pride rules + elbows is the best mma can get.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
1) I think Tyron Woodley got way too much flack even before his title shot, let alone after. The only reason he went so long without a fight is Kelvin Gastelum missed weight in his previous attempt at a fight.
2) Henry Cejudo being a cringelord is better than him trying to be a regular dude. It's makes him more memorable than he would be otherwise, and the fact is the women he "targets" seem to love his shtick and are totally in on it. Really, he just comes off as kinda awkward rather than I am Both a Douche and a Failed Attempt at a Douche or Most Giant Herb Two-Faced Motherfucker Ever.
3) Ronda Rousey was legitimately great prior to her mental breakdown and got more hate than she ever deserved.
4) The UFC needs an in-house feeder league to act as an overflow valve for every men's division below Light-Heavyweight. And then shift a bunch of people to it because they have way too many people signed and also run too many "UFC" shows. Could also be used to build up hype or give people rebound chances. They could also do the same with Invicta if they bought a share and expanded the number of shows it runs.
5) Most adult male MMA fans would lose to Amanda Nunes in a fight.

M

member 3289

Jon Jones is a naturally gifted athlete who would never knowingly take a performance-enhancing drug. All past drug failures were inadvertent contaminations.

Yes he's experienced trials and tribulations in his personal life but he's no worse than the majority of the population. People like to hate on him only because he beat up their heroes.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The UFC needs an in-house feeder league to act as an overflow valve for every men's division below Light-Heavyweight. And then shift a bunch of people to it because they have way too many people signed and also run too many "UFC" shows. Could also be used to build up hype or give people rebound chances. They could also do the same with Invicta if they bought a share and expanded the number of shows it runs.
is that not what PFL is?

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
1. Fedor is not the GOAT
2. Women fighters give their all far more often than the men
3. Dana is an excellent promoter
4. Miesha Tate is not hot
5. Events should start much earlier
6. Same day weigh-ins with forfeits in place if weight is missed
7. Zero tolerance lifetime ban for second PED offenses
8. I have no problem with lay-n-pray and there should be no ref stand ups. It should be up to the person on bottom to get back to their feet.
9. No automatic championship rematches in cases of KO/submission. You have to get at least one win before challenging for a title again.
10. No fighter should have the option to turn down a fight.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
1. Fedor is not the GOAT
8. I have no problem with lay-n-pray and there should be no ref stand ups. It should be up to the person on bottom to get back to their feet.
9. No automatic championship rematches in cases of KO/submission. You have to get at least one win before challenging for a title again.
#9 is one of the best posted so far. Title fight or not if a fighter gets finished and there's no controversy then a rematch shouldn't even be mentioned. Nobody cares about whatever winning streak you had coming in, you got finished, work your way back up.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Matt Hughes did not beat Carlos Newton in their first match...so his whole WW championship run was horseshit.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
1. Fedor is not the GOAT
interesting reading and i'm cool 2, 3, 5, 8 & 9.. but 10..

you must fight an in-shape Melvin Manhoef next week for 10 and 10.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Apparently my belief that convicted, major drug dealers/manufacturers should not be allowed to be refs is controversial......

M

member 3289

#9 is one of the best posted so far. Title fight or not if a fighter gets finished and there's no controversy then a rematch shouldn't even be mentioned. Nobody cares about whatever winning streak you had coming in, you got finished, work your way back up.
Yeah but Stipe won the rematch though

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Agree with bolded. Here are some of mine:

1. GSP ducked Silva in their primes and would have got destroyed by Silva
2. Khabib needs to become a multi-weight champ before he can be considered P4P best
3. GSP cherry picked Bisping to get the MW belt (Smart on him). Would not have fared well against Bobby Knuckles
Mostly agree.
But GSP would absolutely have beaten Bobby Knuckles (who was Ko'd by GSP's training partner, Wonderboy). Probably by L&P multi-takedown decision.

Some of mine:
  • (Related to #2) P4P is a mental masturbation exercise and there is no such thing. Never was, never will be. You know its stupid when they have girls on the P4P list... None of the women on that list would beat any of the guys on the list. Should have a separate one if at all.
  • Knees, stomps, & kicks to the head of a downed opponent makes fights more exciting. Watch ONE Championship for proof. No stalling, and evens the field against "crotch sniffers".
  • 12-6 elbows being banned is bananas - especially from the bottom (WTF?)