Your opinion about PEDS (Poll)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Do you like/agree with the increased PED testing?

• Yes

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Most probably know my thoughts about PEDS already. I believe that the increased testing will continue to kill the sport by giving out lifetime bans and killing fights we want to see.

Even today we had a big fight cancelled and a popular fighter is now on the shelf.

We've lost guys like....

Wand
Chael
Anderson
Diaz
Melendez

Already. Who knows who's next. I prefer the Pride style. Just turn a blind eye.

I do however, completely understand why people would want to keep the sport PED free. But IMO realistically that's just not possible. As in every sport, people will always look to get the upper hand.

It has, and will always be like that.

We're just going to see more "injuries" now and more canceled fights and disappointed fans.

Thoughts?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
this is kind of a yes and no situation for me. PEDs cant go unchecked and if mma is going to be considered a real sport it has to be cleaned up. on the other hand TRT vitor was a thing to behold.dan henderson and randy couture had a great second half of their careers because of TRT . pride wanderlei will always be one of my favorite fighter ever. i think the new rules may be too strict .there should never be a case where it is ok to become ubereem huge but actual anabolic steroids do have medical uses.why should guys who take massive wear and tear on the body be denied medicine that allows them to heal faster ? why should bigfoot silva have to be denied his medicne for acromegaly?there should be a reasonable limit in the off season and a very low trace amount limit for in competition testing.im not for cheating in any way but to completely deny them seem wrong

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I like the intent of it...to have all fighters competing on a level playing field. I don't trust the involvement of the UFC or any AC. If the USADA has full ownership of this program, then I am all for it.

Last edited:

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Either allow it or don't allow it. If you don't allow it they need to have the strictest testing possible as this isn't baseball here people are getting punched and kicked in the head.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
this is kind of a yes and no situation for me. PEDs cant go unchecked and if mma is going to be considered a real sport it has to be cleaned up. on the other hand TRT vitor was a thing to behold.dan henderson and randy couture had a great second half of their careers because of TRT . pride wanderlei will always be one of my favorite fighter ever. i think the new rules may be too strict .there should never be a case where it is ok to become ubereem huge but actual anabolic steroids do have medical uses.why should guys who take massive wear and tear on the body be denied medicine that allows them to heal faster ? why should bigfoot silva have to be denied his medicne for acromegaly?there should be a reasonable limit in the off season and a very low trace amount limit for in competition testing.im not for cheating in any way but to completely deny them seem wrong
This is pretty much my exact thoughts

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
The longer that Anderson and Diaz keep dancing around their cases, the more likely we'll never see them fight again. Wand too

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Either allow it or don't allow it. If you don't allow it they need to have the strictest testing possible as this isn't baseball here people are getting punched and kicked in the head.
I agree with this. I think that PEDs should be banned, since if they are allowed to be commonly used it essentially forces people to use them in order to have a chance to compete at the highest level. However, if they are banned they need to be serious about testing so that the playing field is really level

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yes, only because I want decisive for or decisive against. I don't care which one, once you set the rules anyone who has the gall to potential sabotage MMA events should pay. Either overkill or you will be chasing your tail with it. I don't have a moral opposition to PED, I have a policy opposition to tempting fate after the line has been drawn as if you have the right to oppose the effort for decisive finite resolution.

If it was possible to be like Japan with also no weed hysteria in the opposite direction, I would vote for that because I believe it is simpler keeps the government out of something they fuck up constantly, and I don't care what pros do with PED's and "effect on kids" is not a reason enough to scare me into caring. Manage youth sports better then.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So what about the fighters who have a moral compass that prohibits PEDs? They are supposed to just suck it up and take the greater risk inside the cage?

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Man of Steel (2013)

Henry Cavill refused to take steroids to muscle up for the role. He also refused any digital touch-ups or enhancement to his body in his shirtless scenes. He said it would have been dishonest of him to use trickery while playing Superman and he wanted to push his body to the limits to develop his physique into one that was worthy of the character.

Henry Cavill said that the most difficult part of making the movie was definitely his two shirtless scenes. He had been training for months prior to filming began but for his shirtless scenes, he specially went on extremely difficult calorie restriction diet and training regimen that cut his calorie intake from 5000 to near 1500 for 6 weeks. After 6 weeks he reached a body fat level of just 7% which is the level achieved by professional body-builders during competitions. Henry said this was done because he wanted to make his abs as pronounced and his muscles as defined as humanly possible to create the best possible Superman physique. Cavill returned to a more manageable routine after the scenes were shot but felt his effort was rewarded when audiences and critics alike praised his physique for the true embodiment of what Superman would look like. After he had shot his shirtless scenes, director Zack Snyder gave him a tub of ice cream and pizza to reward him for his Herculean effort for the shirtless scenes.

Man of Steel (2013) - Trivia - IMDb

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I don't want to sound like a dick and I respect everyone's opinions but remember what we are fans of.

If this sort of testing happened from the beginning, there would have never been a UFC 2. All of the UFC and Pride legends would have been handed lifetime bans

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So what about the fighters who have a moral compass that prohibits PEDs? They are supposed to just suck it up and take the greater risk inside the cage?
In Japan it isn't considered cheating, it is relative to some culturally attached terminology. Soviets considered it essential. If there was a global stance on it in MMA I would care. Half the time those guys respond with "PED's make you mentally weak it shows me I am mentally stronger". Then it shouldn't matter.

All I care is that you either do absolutely nothing or go so overkill that it is impossible to get away with. Either way is fine to me, the collateral damage in either scenario is going to happen either way.

All half-measures do is muddy up the water and get people talking more about PED's than ACTUAL MMA. I want the issue left alone or turned into a career ender one of the two, no solution is perfect.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think if you turn a blind eye to steroids, you are putting the fighters who don't make a lot of money at a severe disadvantage.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think if you turn a blind eye to steroids, you are putting the fighters who don't make a lot of money at a severe disadvantage.
Then if you are going to make supermen have an organizational imperative to help them do it and do it right poor and upper class.

IF not, ban them 3 to 5 years. Half measures are quicksand for a sport like this, slowly swallowing and leaving doors open. Again, you WILL NEVER HAVE the perfect system either but the middle is the worst position in this.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
this is also a case of who has the most money wins.the elite are always going to have access to the new designer PEDs that no test is available for.as long as there is money involved there will always be someone trying to game the system.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
this is also a case of who has the most money wins.the elite are always going to have access to the new designer PEDs that no test is available for.as long as there is money involved there will always be someone trying to game the system.
Is that difference larger than No PED to Some doing mystery X amount?

Can PED science advance so fast that a guy with none vs a guy with some is a bigger gap than the guy with last years vs this years?

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm neither for nor against PED, but I am neither assuming I have the right to dictate to athletes overall the moral policy on them when PRide is this legendary state of history in the sport.

It is contradictory and conveniently selective to praise Pride on one hand and on the other pontificate about cheating.

If you want to know. Have a secret ballot referendum with every MMA athlete on what should happen.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Is that difference larger than No PED to Some doing mystery X amount?

Can PED science advance so fast that a guy with none vs a guy with some is a bigger gap than the guy with last years vs this years?
i dont know about that but look at lance armstrong.he passed all the tests for years until the testing got better.if theres money involved theres going to be someone who figures out how to get around the rules.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I know this much. I say at the very least 75% of the roster was on PEDS. That was with the old way of testing and I heard that from a very reliable source.

With the new testing that took effect, I'm not so sure. Some guys might quit cold turkey but most people aren't going to be satisfied with what they experience/feel like off PEDS and push the envelope.

Thus leading to numerous failures, canceled fights, "injuries" and fucked up cards

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
i dont know about that but look at lance armstrong.he passed all the tests for years until the testing got better.if theres money involved theres going to be someone who figures out how to get around the rules.
It's a sport best decribed as "everyone was doing it" it is possible Lance was that good and doing what everyone else was at the time. Teams take that sport very seriously and even moreso in Europe where it has bigger status.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Furthermore with places like Texas still getting events I have ZERO confidence that fighters on those cards won't rightly see that as a window to roid and perhaps even pull out or refuse fights until they are offered fights in more lax places the UFC goes, and it their name matters even a little the UFC will sit by and let it happen.

The Swiss cheese model is worse than legalization to me. I would rather have PRIDE than this boondoggle of potential cancellations over guys who talk one way and are doing another in camp trying to "dodge the fuzz"