Your thoughts on open carry?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Are you for or against it?

• For it

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Against it

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
How does concealing the weapon mitigate any of your concerns?
I don't have a strong stance on open carry. I personally don't, and wouldn't. But I just don't like a lot of attention. I've seen guys open carry and it doesn't bother me. They're usually clean cut well mannered white guys win their pants around their waists and not their ankles. Personally, I have no experience with neckbeards carrying an Arsenal for show.... Other than YouTube videos and id probably give them shit for being attention whores.

But guys saying you can't tell the good guys from bad guys... They're not trained and could cause more harm than good. These are are like the white guilt blm liberals that have no real experience with what they are advocating. They see the latest spike lee movie with black power and kill whitey messages and go home to their cul de sac cookie cutter golden retriever having lifestyles. They have no concept of the modern day black mentality that a lot of inner city youths want absolutely nothing to do with them. A lot of whom are more for segregation than the fucking kkk.

The same goes for guys seeing these morons wearing 16 ars and thousands of rounds of ammo to prove a point. They think that's what that is, and it's not. A lot of oc guys have good careers and families and they takes showers and have a small pistol in case of emergency and believe strongly in the bill of rights. Not all of these guys are out to say "I can carry... I do not wish to create joinder with you". From personal experience with these folk, they're very nice. Again, fuck those retards carrying ak's on the city bus to prove a point. And again, I don't think I would personally oc.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I don't have a strong stance on open carry. I personally don't, and wouldn't. But I just don't like a lot of attention. I've seen guys open carry and it doesn't bother me. They're usually clean cut well mannered white guys win their pants around their waists and not their ankles. Personally, I have no experience with neckbeards carrying an Arsenal for show.... Other than YouTube videos and id probably give them shit for being attention whores.

But guys saying you can't tell the good guys from bad guys... They're not trained and could cause more harm than good. These are are like the white guilt blm liberals that have no real experience with what they are advocating. They see the latest spike lee movie with black power and kill whitey messages and go home to their cul de sac cookie cutter golden retriever having lifestyles. They have no concept of the modern day black mentality that a lot of inner city youths want absolutely nothing to do with them. A lot of whom are more for segregation than the fucking kkk.

The same goes for guys seeing these morons wearing 16 ars and thousands of rounds of ammo to prove a point. They think that's what that is, and it's not. A lot of oc guys have good careers and families and they takes showers and have a small pistol in case of emergency and believe strongly in the bill of rights. Not all of these guys are out to say "I can carry... I do not wish to create joinder with you". From personal experience with these folk, they're very nice. Again, fuck those retards carrying ak's on the city bus to prove a point. And again, I don't think I would personally oc.
I also don't personally care all that much one way or the other. It just baffles me why people are so staunchly of the opinion that hiding a firearm immediately makes it safe. I'm also always curious how this: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." translates to most of the firearms issues facing America today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
open carry in Long Beach is a terrible idea it will warn gansters you armed so they will reply with equal force escalating and antagonizing situations were guns need not to be involved.

It will also will get you beat on by cops or you might be shot if you CCW.

This sucks but that is the reality here cops have been shot at so I don't blame them.

Personally I would only own a gun for Home protection i'm looking into Jason bournes SIG pro don't know if it is Cali legal.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
open carry in Long Beach is a terrible idea it will warn gansters you armed so they will reply with equal force escalating and antagonizing situations were guns need not to be involved.

It will also will get you beat on by cops or you might be shot if you CCW.

This sucks but that is the reality here cops have been shot at so I don't blame them.

Personally I would only own a gun for Home protection i'm looking into Jason bournes SIG pro don't know if it is Cali legal.
Exactly. That's the real world

You walk around with that shit on display and you are going to attract that energy. Not only that but you will make every other human being around you uncomfortable because you feel the need to let every human being in your presence know I AM ARMED AND READY TO SHOOT SOMEBODY even if you're never ever going to be in that situation in your life

Whereas if you ARE in that situation, and your gun is in your jacket, you will still be armed and just as well protected, without having to announce to the entire world that you have a gun.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015

Huh what?

A) Name a Spike Lee movie with 'Black Power' and 'kill whitey'.

B) How do you know what 'black mentality' is?

C) Who told you that inner city youths want segregation?

You started this thread off pretty reasonable and then jumped off the bridge.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
"But guys saying you can't tell the good guys from bad guys... They're not trained and could cause more harm than good. These are are like the white guilt blm liberals that have no real experience with what they are advocating. They see the latest spike lee movie with black power and kill whitey messages and go home to their cul de sac cookie cutter golden retriever having lifestyles. They have no concept of the modern day black mentality that a lot of inner city youths want absolutely nothing to do with them. A lot of whom are more for segregation than the fucking kkk."

Wow. I don't even know what to say about that, man. That's a pretty fucked up thing to write. And I am far from a liberal white guilt type. That's just... well I don't wanna start problems on here, but that was a pretty nasty thing to post IMO. I also don't know how it's relevant to the topic.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Huh what?

A) Name a Spike Lee movie with 'Black Power' and 'kill whitey'.

B) How do you know what 'black mentality' is?

C) Who told you that inner city youths want segregation?

You started this thread off pretty reasonable and then jumped off the bridge.
Im still pretty reasonable. I'm not advocating segregation and I wish the world was what I wanted it to be. Everyone of all races and religions get along. So I'll try and answer from my personal experiences as best I can. I'm not going to sugarcoat shit for you though. Just because people think racism is a one sided affair, doesn't mean it is.

1) he got game... Among others. I love this movie but the racial OVERTONES are astounding. Give it a look if you haven't done so yet. It is acclaimed and will not be a waste of your time. Awesome flick.

2) I know black people. I may have made a blanket statement here, but did so to prove a point. It's as absurd to think all gun nuts are of the same mentality and cut from the same cloth. I'm not shying away from my statement, myself and my wife have dealt with racism first hand and have zero tolerance for it and that includes black on white (or other races) racism. It's a touchy subject and I'm not going to pretend our experiences did not happen for the sake of being pc.

3) see 2. Sorry it's vague but it is what it is. It sucks and I wish it wasn't how it was, but it do. It just is. Blacks segregate themselves daily with black only tv. Black only social/yoga groups. Black only this black only that. During the furgason riots, to keep from being looted, store owners would post signs that say black owned. I don't know what you make of that but like i said the signs did not say white, Hispanic, Asian or Jew owned.

I hate where we are as a nation right now, but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand either. Post will probably label me racist or whatever, but I'm not. I like everyone equal until they give me a reason not to.

But that's beside the point. If you haven't lived racism, you probably have no business commenting on it. Same as oc. If you've never met a group of oc'ers, you probably have no business making blanket statements about them..

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Not sure how I feel about open carry and I live in a OC state. I've done it on occasion when work takes me to questionable places. I train with my retention holster, so using it at time that I'm highly likely to get into a confrontation is more beneficial, imo. If something happens, I'm not bumbling with my shirt and getting shot. I've been shot at while carrying and the sudden adrenaline dump rendered me useless because of my thick work shirt.

In my state they made LOCAL(Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League), which is an OC community/group. I've seen some of their members on occasion carrying rifles into places and all I can do is shake my head. I feel they're hurting more than helping. The founding members of the group had safety and education in mind when they created it about 6 years ago.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
Im still pretty reasonable. I'm not advocating segregation and I wish the world was what I wanted it to be. Everyone of all races and religions get along. So I'll try and answer from my personal experiences as best I can. I'm not going to sugarcoat shit for you though. Just because people think racism is a one sided affair, doesn't mean it is.

1) he got game... Among others. I love this movie but the racial OVERTONES are astounding. Give it a look if you haven't done so yet. It is acclaimed and will not be a waste of your time. Awesome flick.

2) I know black people. I may have made a blanket statement here, but did so to prove a point. It's as absurd to think all gun nuts are of the same mentality and cut from the same cloth. I'm not shying away from my statement, myself and my wife have dealt with racism first hand and have zero tolerance for it and that includes black on white (or other races) racism. It's a touchy subject and I'm not going to pretend our experiences did not happen for the sake of being pc.

3) see 2. Sorry it's vague but it is what it is. It sucks and I wish it wasn't how it was, but it do. It just is. Blacks segregate themselves daily with black only tv. Black only social/yoga groups. Black only this black only that. During the furgason riots, to keep from being looted, store owners would post signs that say black owned. I don't know what you make of that but like i said the signs did not say white, Hispanic, Asian or Jew owned.

I hate where we are as a nation right now, but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand either. Post will probably label me racist or whatever, but I'm not. I like everyone equal until they give me a reason not to.

But that's beside the point. If you haven't lived racism, you probably have no business commenting on it. Same as oc. If you've never met a group of oc'ers, you probably have no business making blanket statements about them..

alrighty. i'll bite.

tell me about the black people you know...and how exactly do you know black people?
are you black...your wife..your mom?
do your black pals hang at your house to .eat dinner with ya. or do you have the one black guy at work who ya say hi to on occasion?

puhllease... about black people having a few tv channels that have mostly black actors in the shows ..white people have the other 783 channels. are you afraid black people are going to take over the entertainment industry?

i'm entirely missing your point. ..are you annoyed black people do yoga together? have you actively tried to be a part of their community or just making the assumption that you're not allowed to get in on black social this and that club?

do tell. i'm curious. .
you do sound like ya might have a bit of a white superiority mentality..am i way off base in judging you?

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
alrighty. i'll bite.

tell me about the black people you know...and how exactly do you know black people?
are you black...your wife..your mom?
do your black pals hang at your house to .eat dinner with ya. or do you have the one black guy at work who ya say hi to on occasion?

puhllease... about black people having a few tv channels that have mostly black actors in the shows ..white people have the other 783 channels.
i'm entirely missing your point. ..are you annoyed black people do yoga together? have you actively tried to be a part of their community or just making the assumption that you're not allowed to get in on black social this and that club?

do tell. i'm curious. .
Sure. I've had many black friends and have many black friends. My mom or wife isn't black. Personally I'm a minority. So I think I know a little bit about white racism. I've experienced it. I've also experienced black racism. And it pissed me off and made me feel like shit. My wife has experienced racism too which irks me much worse.

Sorry I've touched a nerve, but understand I too am a 'victim' but I choose to look past that shit. We all have our setbacks. No matter what color.

Now to some other questions of yours. Yes I've had blacks over to eat. Yes I know blacks that I just say hi to and I have experienced racism from white blacks and Mexicans. I haven't actively tried to be a part of THEIR community because I never used to see it that way until I did. It was just my buddies that were black. I knew nothing of THEIR community, only that these people were alright by me. Could give a fuck about skin color. Until life experiences led me to understand the mentality of THEIR COMMUNITY and not our community.

I give all colors the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong. Unfortunately you subconsciously confirm the mentality I was talking about of us vs them instead of we all.

I don't want to make enemies or anything here, so if I've stepped on your toes, I apologize. But you can go fuck yourself in the asshole if you think you can put yourself in my shoes and understand where I'm coming from. I am completely unapologetic to anyone belittling myself and my family's racist interactions with others not exclusive to blacks.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015

1) I have all of Spike Lee movies and have seen all of them more times than I count, I still don't know where you are getting black power or kill whitey. A lot of Spike's movies have racial overtones, but are generally about oppression. Again, you make it sound like Spike is in the business of hurting white people when he's really in the storytelling business from an African American viewpoint.

2) Thanks for that input but I'm positive I'm always going to know more black people. Black youths aren't worried about hating white people, dude. I say that from a first-hand perspective. Anybody who thinks that's the problem with black youth has been listening to too much Fox News. I'm not going to go into what my first-hand opinion is because that's not the subject, but there is a problem and it's not about hating any specific group.

3) Again, you seem to have pointed out that black people segregate themselves, but that's the equivalent of saying that black people smoke marijuana. You left out that EVERYBODY self-segregates. Then you added something pretty insidious with the black only stuff. There are black social groups but they are likely not ONLY anything. You added that part as if white people are clamoring to join a group of black people and they need to add a keep out sign. Pretty laughable.

I always laugh about the black-only TV stuff too, as if BET has anything other than sitcom reruns and Comicview on. Sorry dude, if 99.7% of EVERY other channel has an overwhelming amount of whitefaces than perhaps you should forgive ONE channel that allows for Fresh Prince reruns. Everybody always acts like BET is playing some of kind of subversive programming rather than rehashes of Damon Wayans shows. Go ahead, find out your local BET programming and come back and tell me what it is.

I'll do it for you....
Schedule | BET

Also, during Ferguson, putting black-owned on a store was simply a deterrent for black criminals to give them a break because they are black too. Doesn't seem like a big leap, imo.

I have every right to comment on racism and a lot to say on the subject. I have experienced enough in life to comment with a lot of background knowledge. There were a lot of blanket statements made in your post and most of them were speaking FOR someone else.

Not cool.

I do not want to derail the gun subject though so let's continue with that. I am enjoying people's viewpoints on it.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
nfortunately you subconsciously confirm the mentality I was talking about of us vs them instead of we all.
nah man. i mos def have a we are all human mentality. i was just asking questions based on the words in your post to figure out where you're coming from..because i wasn't getting your point.

I give all colors the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong
but to say you give all colors the benefit of the doubt until they do you wrong...is a GIANT way to say you're judging a whole lotta people by the actions of the one dumbass who did you wrong. feel me?

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
nah man. i mos def have a we are all human mentality. i was just asking questions based on the words in your post to figure out where you're coming from..because i wasn't getting your point.

but to say you give all colors the benefit of the doubt until they do you wrong...is a GIANT way to say you're judging a whole lotta people by the actions of a dumbass that did you wrong. feel me?
Well I misspoke. Get this. I'm am In the customer services industry. I meet people of all colors, sizes and religions all day everyday. I give everyone the benefit of doubt. I always let them dictate where our relationship goes. It is my job to be friendly to everyone. so if you're good to me I'm good to you. But I wear my emotions on my sleeve a little too much.

I've had experience where I felt I should be on my toes around prison tatted white boys. Motherfuckin Mexicans with tattooed tear drops have put me on edge. Not scared, but aware more so than soccer mom over there with their kids on a leash. And... Uh oh... Blacks that have come in looking suspicious. Not because of their skin color but because of their outfits and mannerisms. Sorry. I profile everyone on their appearance, and not color.

Where there's smoke there's fire. When I see a guy looking gangster, trailor or vato, my guards up. I'm not going to be a victim for the sake of being pc.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
By the way. I hate Muslim extremists the most. Isis can all die in a fire tomorrow and I would celebrate. But I have a good deal of Muslim customers that have never raised red flags to me. In fact I've never met one that I thought oh shit I need to watch out for this guy. If they act like regular people, they're regular people. But if I come across a Muslim I don't feel right about, I will be on my toes. I fucking hate racism, but I'm not ashamed to profile like a motherfucker based on someone's looks, as long as me and my family are safe at the end of the day.