Your thoughts on UFC being the #1 org indefinitely

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Can Bellator rival the UFC if they keep the pace they're on now?

• Yes

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
No darlin, they're under the microscope because they're the face of MMA.
Well, sweetcheeks, if you really think that just because the UFC is the biggest kid on the block currently is reason they're under the microscope - instead of say, extremely one-sided contracts, taking away lucrative sponsorships from fighters and publicly deriding fighters who aren't company men - I don't know what to tell ya. Life must rosy behind those Zuffa branded glasses.

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Just in this thread alone I identified these paid Bellator shills.

Wild @Wild, jason73 @jason73, pattitude @pattitude, TheEmperorRises @TheEmperorRises, Clappin'Daddys @Clappin'Daddys, TheBigPygmy/JustinWren @TheBigPygmy/JustinWren (self admitted Bellator fighter), BeardOfKnowledge @JohnyHendricksBeard, @blank
if I was a paid shill, I wouldn't be waking up at 2 am to work at a grocery store.

Do u honestly find it crazy to see people that support competition in mma?

What I find funny is that you put (self admitted bellator fighter) on Jason wren. Dude fights for them on national tv. Why would he have to admit to anything? Lol

do you attack anyone who supports mma outside of the UFC?

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Well, sweetcheeks, if you really think that just because the UFC is the biggest kid on the block currently is reason they're under the microscope - instead of say, extremely one-sided contracts, taking away lucrative sponsorships from fighters and publicly deriding fighters who aren't company men - I don't know what to tell ya. Life must rosy behind those Zuffa branded glasses.
Hold on baby cakes. I'm not defending the UFC's practices just because I'm bringing up Bellator's.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
That actually kinda supports my idea, because Strikeforce no longer exists. Those guys are now in the UFC, because that's where the best in the world go. I didn't say that the UFC has always had the best fighters throughout its history. It absolutely does now though.

We found out how good Rockhold, Jacare and Eddie really are by watching them go to the place where the best in the world are. We would not have gotten those matchups had Strikeforce stayed intact. It would have just been speculation forever.

I'm not sure how people doubting Holm matters here. Maybe I stretched when I said that the UFC champ is "definitively" the best in the world, but I don't know how it can be disputed that the best fighters, in general, fight for UFC and because of that the title matters a ton more than the other MMA title, and a ton more than the boxing titles. Because of the UFC's dominance, we routinely see the best vs the best, which is something that wouldn't exist if a rival organization caught up.
When Strikeforce was around there was the question, and there is a question for a few guys in Bellator too now, but the skill level overall is much higher in the UFC now than it was even 4 years ago. Since the Strikeforce merger it has truly become the ultimate proving ground, and things will need to shift drastically to change that.

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
Narcosynthesis @Cerberus :
So then you're merely adding an additional point while conceding all of mine - because you haven't said anything substantive that can contradict anything I've stated. Congrats on being so open-minded, sweetheart! I knew you had it in you! :)

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
No, they were always that good- some people just didn't finally believe it until now.

And if the UFC wasn't such a dick about co-promoting, we would have never had to wonder if their champions could beat the guys from Pride or Strikeforce or WEC. Thankfully Coker has proven to be a little more open minded about that.
It's not that they weren't good, but they have also improved since arriving in the UFC as well.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I think people are being far too short sighted. The era of orgs is coming to an end.

There is a perfect storm brewing right now with the antitrust suit, the US Department of Justice investigation, discontent over sponsorship and contracts causing fighters to sign shorter deals as they test free agency, growth in new international markets, crossover mainstream stars becoming pop icons (i.e. McGregor and Rousey), outside investment from traditional media companies, the increasing popularity of new media distribution channels and growing enthusiasm for fighters to organize to advocate for themselves as labor.

All of this could easily reach a tipping point that leads to a situation more similar to boxing. Fighters may come to control their careers directly and people like Dana and Coker may fade to the background as simply promoters instead of having the professional wrestling style control they have at present. Bellator doesn't have to overtake the UFC. They just have to dilute it enough that it's weaker when the court cases are completed. At that time, we'll see what the landscape is going to look like. But the fighters really need to be ready. Everyone needs to start preparing for a post-corporate MMA or someone will quickly swoop in and fill the gap and we'll be back to business as usual.
I honestly hope it does not come to a boxing model.

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
When Strikeforce was around there was the question, and there is a question for a few guys in Bellator too now, but the skill level overall is much higher in the UFC now than it was even 4 years ago. Since the Strikeforce merger it has truly become the ultimate proving ground, and things will need to shift drastically to change that.
Serious question, besides the champions, who else can the UFC not afford to lose before they lose their place at the top of the mountain?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Serious question, besides the champions, who else can the UFC not afford to lose before they lose their place at the top of the mountain?
It's a difficult question. Less than would be initially thought, would be my guess. If you lost 2-3 high ranked guys from every division, say one top 5 and 2 top 10, and then build around them with homegrown talent beating them, then you have muddied the waters. However, I think it would depend on the right guys, and a monetary commitment which will not pay out initially. Getting those guys will be expensive and they won't necessarily be big draws, but are needed to build legitimacy for your other talent.

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Shit, just about anyone in the Top 15 of the HW division really. It's already so damn thin. Honestly, just about every division outside of MW, LW, and womens FW is pretty thin, once you get outside the Top 5.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Shit, just about anyone in the Top 15 of the HW division really. It's already so damn thin. Honestly, just about every division outside of MW, LW, and womens FW is pretty thin, once you get outside the Top 5.
WW would like a word.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm going to an event in March- Coker better have my check ready!!

How much are you guys getting paid per post?
i get paid in blow jobs from Kirik's mom

EDITED: Try not to make it personal, unless it's about Kirik. Thx.

Wild :p

Last edited by a moderator:

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
It would be interesting to find out how many fights some of the contenders have left on their contracts. Imagine if Overeem decided to leave after a win! Or Cerrone if he racked up a couple of really exciting wins in a row.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
id like to know how many fights barnett has on his contract

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Narcosynthesis @Cerberus :
So then you're merely adding an additional point while conceding all of mine - because you haven't said anything substantive that can contradict anything I've stated. Congrats on being so open-minded, sweetheart! I knew you had it in you! :)
I was open minded from the start, honey drizzle. You just went on a wild rant when I called Bellator out for their shady business practices. As it stands, the UFC is going to be King of the mountain for a long time to come because Viacom isn't in it to win it. They're in it to simply make a nice profit and look good to their stock holders. Coker just might be the mad genius of MMA but without the financial backing to really compete with the UFC he doesn't stand a chance of overtaking them.

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
I was open minded from the start, honey drizzle. You just went on a wild rant when I called Bellator out for their shady business practices. As it stands, the UFC is going to be King of the mountain for a long time to come because Viacom isn't in it to win it. They're in it to simply make a nice profit and look good to their stock holders. Coker just might be the mad genius of MMA but without the financial backing to really compete with the UFC he doesn't stand a chance of overtaking them.
Honey drizzle? Now you're not even trying!

I'm sorry I scared you with my "wild" fact-based "rant". It must being frightening to see such a savage display especially by someone who is so even-keeled an open minded such as yourself. Sometimes I scare me, too, pumpkin.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Yeah sure I think Bellator has a chance. Since MMA isnt a true sport with rankings and drafts, schedule. You just have to pluck some dude out of obscurity that's semi good, give them the right fights to win and build them up, hope they win and then hype them to death, get the commentators in on it and hope the audience buys into it.

Theres a high WWE entertainment component to MMA unlike other sports.