Personal You're never as prepared as you think you are

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Glad you're safe sparkuri @sparkuri

It sounds like you did what you could and your exposure to them was minimal, so you guys should be safe. Probably best to keep a mask near the door or near your gun in case you should ever have to open it. Glad you're okay. Hope they also found a way to be.
On my to-do list was to install ppe baskets around the house to the walls, FOR TWO MONTHS!

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Last night, my girlfriend came over to visit. She took this pic of me greeting her outside the front door.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
I'm incredibly prepared for anything and it's not because of weapons or supplies or being super fit and ridiculously strong.

True preparation is mental.

I can swim in the freezing ocean, hike for days,
eat things that people at my level should never be forced to consider, like poorly prepared consommé,
all because I'm mentally prepared to do whatever it takes.

If things go sideways I will not just survive I will thrive. My neighbor has a freezer full of prime cuts...well now those are my steaks.
Frank doesn't believe in guns and he has a heart condition, what's he gonna do, have his obese wife yell at me? Enjoy the diet Babs.

My other neighbor has a 3 teenage kids that patrol his property to kill looters? Well now those kids are mine and they'll be happy for the upgrade.
What are you going to do about it Bob, you're 5'6" and 160 flabby pounds, go bring me your herb garden, I'll take that too.

Le Chat Noir
©

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm incredibly prepared for anything and it's not because of weapons or supplies or being super fit and ridiculously strong.

True preparation is mental.

I can swim in the freezing ocean, hike for days,
eat things that people at my level should never be forced to consider, like poorly prepared consommé,
all because I'm mentally prepared to do whatever it takes.

If things go sideways I will not just survive I will thrive. My neighbor has a freezer full of prime cuts...well now those are my steaks.
Frank doesn't believe in guns and he has a heart condition, what's he gonna do, have his obese wife yell at me? Enjoy the diet Babs.

My other neighbor has a 3 teenage kids that patrol his property to kill looters? Well now those kids are mine and they'll be happy for the upgrade.
What are you going to do about it Bob, you're 5'6" and 160 flabby pounds, go bring me your herb garden, I'll take that too.

Le Chat Noir
©
We have similar game plans, I like it. I always tell my wife it's important to do things that fucking suck. It builds mental toughness.
It's why I mow my lawn at high noon in the middle of the Texas summer.
It's why on those completely terrible days during duck season, when its the coldest and wettest I hike in instead of take the boat.
It's why I pick up my dog's shit, it fucking sucks.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
We have similar game plans, I like it. I always tell my wife it's important to do things that fucking suck. It builds mental toughness.
It's why on those completely terrible days during duck season, when its the coldest and wettest I hike in instead of take the boat.

I agree. One year the lawn guy could not get my front lawn right, despite 2 months of calls, and I got pissed.
So I go buy a truck load of sod and proceed to redo most of the front lawn from 11 to 3.
Did I stop to eat or drink water like a pussy? No I worked until the job was fucking done!

THEN I went inside and had 3 pitchers of ice water, and laid down in a freezing cold shower
as my heart beat through my chest and the world spun a bit and I couldn't see very well.
Because that's what men do!

Le Chat Noir
©

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015

She married you so she just be really mentally tough

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I agree. One year the lawn guy could not get my front lawn right, despite 2 months of calls, and I got pissed.
So I go buy a truck load of sod and proceed to redo most of the front lawn from 11 to 3.
Did I stop to eat or drink water like a pussy? No I worked until the job was fucking done!

THEN I went inside and had 3 pitchers of ice water, and laid down in a freezing cold shower
as my heart beat through my chest and the world spun a bit and I couldn't see very well.
Because that's what men do!

Le Chat Noir
©

It is what men do, know what I was doing the morning of my wedding day?
Cutting down tree's with her father out on the farm because we needed more room. It's just what men like us do, we work hard.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I actually have one of these it is actually enough to deter maybe 90% of people to get off your property. it also covers your ass legally in case you have to shoot them or they start shooting you along with a surveillance camera,it is a warning even your neighbors hear in case cops question them.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I actually have one of these it is actually enough to deter maybe 90% of people to get off your property. it also covers your ass legally in case you have to shoot them or they start shooting you along with a surveillance camera,it is a warning even your neighbors hear in case cops question them.
We don't worry about those things in free America where you are able to defend yourself.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I was just thinking about that this week.
That's happening today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I washed my hands like 4x today.

M

member 3289

I'm sorry if someone has mentioned this but are we seriously pretending that this lunatic having a panic room is normal???