General YouTube is down

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Testing
1 2 3

Testing
Testing

Testing the panic level of internet shut down

Taking the Babies Toy away to watch them lose it

Testing

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
That was fun to watch. Reddit’s YouTube stub collectively went psychotic. It would be crazy to see what would happen if YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter all went down for 24 hours.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
YouTubers rely on those ads in order to make content ;)
If you could see how many ads are on kids videos you wouldn’t give a flying fuck. I don’t need ads every two minutes on a video about bouncing coloured balls that I watch with my daughter and if someone does something like that they deserve to go through every level of hell twice over. I use Adblock on my desktop too so it doesn’t really matter from my standpoint.

I realize you put stuff up on YouTube and may rely on the ads but a lot of content creators have Patreons now so they don’t have to put ads on their videos And others will ask nicely to be whitelisted.

I’m not trying to be a dick here but out of curiosity, when was the last time you paid for a PPV instead of streaming? It would be a wee bit hypocritical to ask for people to watch ads for your content but then steal another companies content when you wanted to watch it.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
If you could see how many ads are on kids videos you wouldn’t give a flying fuck. I don’t need ads every two minutes on a video about bouncing coloured balls that I watch with my daughter and if someone does something like that they deserve to go through every level of hell twice over. I use Adblock on my desktop too so it doesn’t really matter from my standpoint.

I realize you put stuff up on YouTube and may rely on the ads but a lot of content creators have Patreons now so they don’t have to put ads on their videos And others will ask nicely to be whitelisted.

I’m not trying to be a dick here but out of curiosity, when was the last time you paid for a PPV instead of streaming? It would be a wee bit hypocritical to ask for people to watch ads for your content but then steal another companies content when you wanted to watch it.
You're absolutely right with that on principle

The only difference is that the ufc's business doesn't end without ppv (if everyone hypothetical streamed)

But youtubers are often spending out of their own pocket months or years before even breaking even.

And the amount of people who use ad book end up big the difference between a channel fading or continuing and blossoming

I totally hear ya tho. In a black and white world, they are the exact same scenario

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
My previous post came off a bit harsh. I didn’t mean to put you on the spot like that. My daughters been teething for the last three days and I’m a little strung out. Sorry bro.
Ibe got thick skin. I* was legitimately considering no longer streaming as I began my response. Cause every man's gotta have a code

But within about .... probably 6 secondx I realized that my code isn't honorable enough to stop* streaming, and Im definitely a hypocritic lol

All good, ser! :))

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
You're absolutely right with that on principle

The only difference is that the ufc's business doesn't end without ppv (if everyone hypothetical streamed)

But youtubers are often spending out of their own pocket months or years before even breaking even.

And the amount of people who use ad book end up big the difference between a channel fading or continuing and blossoming

I totally hear ya tho. In a black and white world, they are the exact same scenario
I have whitelisted some YouTube Chanel’s I like and you have a point about investing your own money into a business before you begin to get a return.

An ad here or there doesn’t bother me, my favourite way is where the channel builds it into their videos with an ad shoutout at the start and end but it’s by them (like nature box or that blue something or other that does meal prep and sends it to your house) not an abrupt change to an ad then back to the video.