General YouTube plans more people, better algorithms policing content

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
I hear also about channels no longer being able to monetize. And they're moving behind a paywall, or eslewhere. Is this bitch going to run Youtube into the ground?
Yep
Several channels are being demonetized-and not just non-pc or alt-right (obvious targets) but also other political/independent news channels (timcast for example) and even some fitness channels iirc

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Yep
Several channels are being demonetized-and not just non-pc or alt-right (obvious targets) but also other political/independent news channels (timcast for example) and even some fitness channels iirc
They're not shy of becoming political either. Which would be within their rights? But it would diminish the product that is Youtube, it already has to some point.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
It’s what I hope but patreon could get political too
Patreon exists because YT started making it more difficult to monetize your channel, I assume in the same way Facebook ended "Friend-gating" in '10ish. They'll roll out some sort of different business suite you need to buy.

All Patreon has to do is nothing haha.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Googles purchase of Youtube was huge back in 2007, Google understood the value it brought and the power it possessed.

After that purchase was made I long suspected Google was manipulating "Views Counter, Likes, and Dislikes" to try manipulate the perception of how popular or not popular a video may be. Google was engaging in 21st century Propaganda. Also after the 2007 purchase is when we saw a drastic increase in negative comments in videos -- this I feel was a direct result of Google CEO and staff unleashing A.I bots programmed to disseminate hate filled messages to disrupt society.

Youtube was a great thing but expect it to be really shitty ...really soon!

Control the content - Control the Narrative.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Jun 19, 2016
Also it should be noted that the present YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki is one crazy bitch, she is the same lady that said interrupting her was a "Sexist Microaggression".

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Jun 19, 2016
Yep

All the big Conspiracy Channels have been demonetized and are being pulled as well. A lot of these CT users are crying over it but I don't feel bad for them.

The biggest advantage Youtube offered was the viewership, take that away and the creators lose their power to connect with others. But what they (YT Users who have been getting pulled) should have been doing is building their own website and hosting their videos on their own site ..while using their YT page to link to their personal site in order to try and keep a steady flow of followers.

This move by Youtube is alarming and scary but it will also open up great opportunity for entrepreneurs to step in and create a completive site to counter the censorship Youtube has ushered in.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
It'll be a haven for SJWs, feminists, BLM, and other inflammatory shit heads to spew vitriolic propaganda against white men, because we know how much these pussies love easy targets. And when someone dares question mass immigration, ILLEGAL immigration, problems in Islamic culture, black on black violence, etc, they'll be thrown out.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It'll be a haven for SJWs, feminists, BLM, and other inflammatory shit heads to spew vitriolic propaganda against white men, because we know how much these pussies love easy targets. And when someone dares question mass immigration, ILLEGAL immigration, problems in Islamic culture, black on black violence, etc, they'll be thrown out.
You need Vutu forum.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Only if Chad and Steve never would have sold out to Google ...we never would have seen that beast Susan Wojcicki

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCVxQ_3Ejkg
YouTube wasn't monetized back when Chad and Steve were running things. Had Google not purchased Youtube and added adsense feature, content would still be made on blurry cameras and it would still be stuff people did for fun whereas now it's clusterfuck of lying millenials selling everything from toothpaste to buttplugs.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
I prefer if youtube went on donation and not adsence anyway. When you have youtube funded by ads and companies sponsoring content makers there is such a high degree of selling to viewers that takes away the genuine heart of what youtube used to be. Now so much of youtube is just like regular tv where most of it is a platform of selling products. I'm glad some of these shits are getting their funding pulled. I guess now they got to depend on their true value -- what their viewers think their content is really worth over taking handouts from corporate money bags. Boo-hoo!