Society YouTube soph

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It's always weird to watch Chappelle with white people because it's like we're watching two different shows.
Explain
Chappelle's commentary on the ludicrous nature of racism was the best part of his show and early standups. Not that racism is funny or there's that funny thing [insert groups] do, but rather that hilariousness of his white friend getting high just the same as him and drag racing a cop, the ludicrous delta of reaction in racism itself...or chappelle being accused of wanting chicken...because he did, etc.

What would my white proclivities get out of that show that you wouldn't and vice versa?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
She's a white supremacist.

But also a very clever troll.

Just watched her videos. She's brilliant and subversive and toxic all at once. She's parroting the same pseudo-intelligentsia that spawns all the other neckbeard anti social morons on 4chan...

but this description of California is amazing...

I’ve become a devout follower of the Prophet Muhammad. Suffice to say, I’ve been having a fuck ton of fun. Of course, I get raped by my 40-year-old husband every so often and I have to worship a black cube to indirectly please an ancient Canaanite god — but at least I get to go to San Fran and stone the shit out of some gays, and the cops can’t do anything about it because California is a crypto-caliphate.

hahaha

Also

I’m wondering why they’re concerned with what I say instead of being concerned with the parents who let their kids watch me
Brilliant.
Essentially deflects all criticism with total awareness that she's intrinsically not for kids, including herself, and yet there she is the content maker.

“You could beg me kicking and screaming to stop disseminating the ideas I believe in, and it wouldn’t make a fucking difference,” Soph says at the end of “Be Not Afraid," in a passage in which she seems to drop her shtick, if only for a moment. “Not only am I inoculated to that bullshit, most of Gen Z is too. Millennials grew up with MTV and nowadays watch Colbert. We, on the other hand, grew up with the internet, so we have no centralized source of information that controls what we think. We filter out the truth for ourselves; we’re not lazy. No one is brainwashing kids. Kids are simply learning from having free access to information, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”
She fancies herself "learning from free access" and "filtering the truth for ourselves" which is the description of the blind leading the blind by someone with the hubris of teenage angst. But she's right. She's a troll and a problem and represents a sort of existential commentary on the failure of her parents' generation to create a world and an internet (youtubes own regulating of a child from children) that wouldn't require her to upend it.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Just watched her videos. She's brilliant and subversive and toxic all at once. She's parroting the same pseudo-intelligentsia that spawns all the other neckbeard anti social morons on 4chan...

but this description of California is amazing...

hahaha

Also

Brilliant.
Essentially deflects all criticism with total awareness that she's intrinsically not for kids, including herself, and yet there she is the content maker.

She fancies herself "learning from free access" and "filtering the truth for ourselves" which is the description of the blind leading the blind by someone with the hubris of teenage angst. But she's right. She's a troll and a problem and represents a sort of existential commentary on the failure of her parents' generation to create a world and an internet (youtubes own regulating of a child from children) that wouldn't require her to upend it.
She's awesome, would love to have her as a student.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Meanwhile this 10-yr old "Drag Queen" is celebrated and just got a deal with Converse...

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
So fucked up, death of free speech. Already dead in most of Europe but I had hope for 'merka.
My god this whining. Yeah how dare a private platform remove content it deems hateful.

Why do you hate freedom? Iz it cos you iz ginger?

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
My god this whining. Yeah how dare a private platform remove content it deems hateful.

Why do you hate freedom? Iz it cos you iz ginger?
Because freedom isn’t free. And it’s selectively enforced to serve as a vehicle to replace white European Christians.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Explain
Chappelle's commentary on the ludicrous nature of racism was the best part of his show and early standups. Not that racism is funny or there's that funny thing [insert groups] do, but rather that hilariousness of his white friend getting high just the same as him and drag racing a cop, the ludicrous delta of reaction in racism itself...or chappelle being accused of wanting chicken...because he did, etc.

What would my white proclivities get out of that show that you wouldn't and vice versa?
Did you just try to "not all wypipo" me?

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I don’t like to see kids spouting SJW shit or hard right stuff that I believe came from their parents. Not a fan of this. Either way these kids are going to be treated very bad by the half that do not agree with them. Disciplined Galt @Galt has a point about selective enforcement by these social media shitbags and Leigh @Leigh has a point they are private entities and in a capitalist society they should be able to run their business as they see fit.

Social media companies are run by very capitalistic liberals. Someone with very deep pockets should compete with them. If you don’t believe a mom and pop cake company should have the govt. tell them who they have to bake a cake for than you also have to be on the side of these shitbags picking and choosing their content. It doesn’t mean you have to like it.