General YouTube user demonstrates how Facebook secretly listens to you to force ads on to your device

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
And this motherfucker wants to run for president.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Fuck sake, get on with the shit

@Miesha's Taint can you call me via WhatsApp from now on as my wife wanted to know who called me from Australia....yes, bitch, I’m fucking some girl from Australia, it’s fun and we see each other a lot......I did marry her for some reason.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Fuck sake, get on with the shit

@Miesha's Taint can you call me via WhatsApp from now on as my wife wanted to know who called me from Australia....yes, bitch, I’m fucking some girl from Australia, it’s fun and we see each other a lot......I did marry her for some reason.
Not sure if you know
But whatsapp is just as bad as Facebook with this shit

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
That's great that they encorporated end to end encryption and that does keep the messages and video calls safe while in transit

There are many problems with whatsapp

1 - WhatsApp spying tools
You can pay for programs that can be used to view all msgs and even track people while they use whatsapp.
This does require you to download the app on the phone of the person you want to track, but this is a problem.

2 - while in transit the messages are encrypted, by default whatsapp has backup of messages and calls turned on. Once they move to this backup folder, they are no longer encrypted, making it very easy for a hacker to view everything

3 - they are owned by Facebook

4 - they were told that Facebook and whatsapp data must be kept separate and they kept to this for a couple years.
In 2016 I believe it was, they changed their security policy stating that Facebook and whatsapp can now share certain files including your location
“We plan to share some information with Facebook and the Facebook family of companies…some of your account information with Facebook and the Facebook family of companies, like the phone number you verified when you registered with WhatsApp, as well as the last time you used our service.”

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
That's great that they encorporated end to end encryption and that does keep the messages and video calls safe while in transit

There are many problems with whatsapp

1 - WhatsApp spying tools
You can pay for programs that can be used to view all msgs and even track people while they use whatsapp.
This does require you to download the app on the phone of the person you want to track, but this is a problem.

2 - while in transit the messages are encrypted, by default whatsapp has backup of messages and calls turned on. Once they move to this backup folder, they are no longer encrypted, making it very easy for a hacker to view everything

3 - they are owned by Facebook

4 - they were told that Facebook and whatsapp data must be kept separate and they kept to this for a couple years.
In 2016 I believe it was, they changed their security policy stating that Facebook and whatsapp can now share certain files including your location
“We plan to share some information with Facebook and the Facebook family of companies…some of your account information with Facebook and the Facebook family of companies, like the phone number you verified when you registered with WhatsApp, as well as the last time you used our service.”
All those issues can be easily alleviated by the end user simply securing his/her device so it can't be hacked (and turning off your device's 'location' service).
The only one that can't be, is the phone number used to register with WhatsApp. It's too late to opt out now as there was only a 30 day window to do so (sneaky sneaky). But you can always change phone numbers on Facebook or Whats App... I did.