Yves Gets Mad at Hating Shaub

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Schaub being an idiot is already covered but the other funny thing about the exchange is that the one guy who makes it seem like Schaub may actually have a point is the one guy who took it personally.

Schaub's argument seems to have some merit if you don't think about it - there is an unusually large percentage of black personalities considering both the demographics of society and among MMA fighters.

But when you actually look at each one specifically, they make perfect sense and there aren't all that many honkeys you can think of that seem to be left out (they could rename the show Hanging with Cody Garbrandt and The Boys).

Yves is the exception - he was never really a star and he's not particularly good (I genuinely like Yves Edwards). It's kind of funny that Yves is aware of that fact as the rest of us, and was correct in assuming that Schaub was talking about him.
possibly some truth to it....but SHaub is being a hater plain as day

and he always talks shit on "haters"...very hypocritical, but that is par for the course

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
it's tricky for him. he changed careers and got thrust too high for his experience level due to his 'fame'. so now he's talking for a living. he's hanging around with the big boys who get ahead by being edgy... so he's trying it. it was always going to be an embarrassing and clumsy trudge towards being a half decent broadcaster/comedian(?)

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016

and he always talks shit on "haters"...very hypocritical, but that is par for the course
He's the epitome of a hypocrite and always had been. He's a jock bully who thinks he understands things but really has no fucking idea. He's not an alpha but he's a bully. His story about when he threw someone through a window or something told a lot about his character. He tries to play the Everyman and in reality he's so far from that

Last edited:

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

I don't think there is truth to it by the way - I'm just saying that Yves is a little out of place and he is the one guy that would give some fuel to Brendan's Black conspiracy theory. But it's still just a a silly conspiracy theory. I'm glad Yves has the job.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Maybe I'm in the minority here (no pun intended, although that would have been a good one), but I actually thought Big Brownish actually handled this well. He was talking to a black dude at the time, and what he said was not incendiary. He was simply providing social commentary on his perception that Fox was forcing an issue. Sure he said it like a dick, but there was no malice there - he is just an idiot. I thought the apology was a responsible and respectful way to defuse the situation. I don't think he came off as a pussy, just someone taking accountability for causing offense to someone.

I LOVE Edwards response to the apology though. He didn't GAF about the racial overtones, he just didn't want anyone saying he wasn't doing a good job as an analyst. Amazing.

Nov 21, 2015
Seems like you guys have this under control so I'm just gonna ask
how is it Brendan is booking all these comedy shows? Is he actually a
good stand up comic?