Zahabi on Khabib vs. McGregor: ‘I don’t see a very competitive fight’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

More experts are starting to weigh-in on the upcoming UFC 229 main event between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor. Many seem split on the outcome, and betting lines are almost even as well, with McGregor being the slight underdog at +160.

Firas Zahabi recently gave his brief thoughts on the matter, with the renowned coach stating that he believes the lightweight title bout won’t be competitive at all.

“What I’m doubting, what I don’t see very likely is a seesaw battle,” Zahabi said in a recent live chat. “Where there’s a lot of stand up, then they hit the ground, then they get back up, and they’re striking and they’re wrestling, and it’s a back-and-forth battle where it’s coming down the last round…

Firas Zahabi on Khabib vs. McGregor: ‘I don’t see a very competitive fight’

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
it genuinely reminds me of Sperry vs igor. if anyone said 'it's either igor by ko or Sperry by submission', they would have been flamed to fuck for being a waste of space.

here is a coach, respected around the world, in an interview, effectively saying the same thing. absolute muppet.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Firas gets a pass obviously, but It's bizarre how many commentators in MMA feel the need to either sit on the fence or just state the obvious, when having an actual opinion really doesn't hurt you no matter how silly it is - just look at Brendan Schaub.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Khabib tastes the power early, stays on the outside. Conor sparks him up with jabs and leg kicks early in each round. When Conor gets too close, he gets held down and mauled. But he survives, and doesn't take too much damage - Khabib is more concerned with keeping him down. Conor uses this to get juuuussst free enough to land some elbows and stay busy on the bottom.

McGregor by Split Decision.

Some Chechen friends of Frank Mir see the way Dana looks at Conor, decide that Dana is gay for Conor, and kill Dana on the spot.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Is this news?

I respect the guy but are we hearing someone say it’s gonna be a grappling match beating or a ko?

M

member 1013

He's basically said what 70% of the retards have said when predicting the outcome of this fight.

Everyone thinks they're the first one to ever say it.
If Conor gets the take down it will be a long night for Khabibi but he Has to close range first and Khabibi times dat left so well doe

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
khabib -170
conor+140

on bodog right now. i would expect this to reverse as the fight gets closer and all the nuthuggers spend their rent money betting on a conor KO