VID Zahabi thinks Georges St-Pierre 'cannot stay away', will return for a motivating fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
P

Punch

View: https://youtu.be/uo0oaeRCuio?t=1h50m53s

Will Georges St-Pierre return in 2016? That's the question many have been asking as of late, and it's one that his coach Firas Zahabi had to address once again.

"I personally think, if you ask me my own personal opinion, I think he cannot stay away," Zahabi said on the MMA Hour. "I think he’ll eventually get bit by the bug and he’ll eventually do something spontaneous. That’s just Georges."

Zahabi thinks a return of the all-time great all boils down to getting the proper fight.

"I think he's doing so much in his life, that it has to be a fight that really excites him enough to pause everything he is doing," Zahabi said. "MMA competition has taken such a huge chunk out of his life, that for him to comeback and put his life on pause again, put all his time and energy into training camp and all that, it has to come down to his management and UFC working something out, working a deal, and a fight that makes him want to comeback."

"It’s all on Georges’ motivation," Zahabi said. "But Georges, he’s a very spontaneous guy. I wouldn’t be surprised if tomorrow he calls me up and says, ‘I want to do this.’ It wouldn’t surprise me."

"Georges has won many titles, he’s been in many fights. There’s nothing for him to gain. He’s got plenty of money. There’s nothing for him to gain other than to do it for fun, to do it for the sheer pleasure. So if he finds something that’s fun and pleasurable, and he’s excited about doing, I think that’s what’s going to pull the trigger."

LINK to full article: Zahabi thinks Georges St-Pierre 'cannot stay away', will return for a motivating fight

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Bad thing to return to a "motivating" fight if you aren't already motivated IMO

P

Punch

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand i hope GSP comes back and i get to see him fight in the cage one more time. On the other hand, I hope he stays gone. No one has ever had a dominating run like he did and still go out on top of the game. Add to that the way Dana tried to publicly shit on him and prevent him from going to the presser where he was throwing him under the bus. Fuck doing that guy any favors.

Bad thing to return to a "motivating" fight if you aren't already motivated IMO
None of this is coming from Georges, it's all Firas' opinion.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
dana did shit on his ass.....i didn't believe that (Ryan von doom confirmation excluded) until I heard him begrudgingly admit that on Chael's podcast...........

P

Punch

dana did shit on his ass.....i didn't believe that (Ryan von doom confirmation excluded) until I heard him begrudgingly admit that on Chael's podcast...........
You didn't watch the presser as it happened and see Dana straight up bold faced lying to the press? I was pretty pissed off at the time, because you could see the shock on Dana's face and how uncomfortable everyone in the room became when Georges walked in and sat down.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
You didn't watch the presser as it happened and see Dana straight up bold faced lying to the press? I was pretty pissed off at the time, because you could see the shock on Dana's face and how uncomfortable everyone in the room became when Georges walked in and sat down.
No dawg, tried to view it but link please ?

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
He's 3 years removed from competition and zahabi has spewed the same shit every month for three years now. Time to put up or shut up. Find a new way to stay relevant already.

P

Punch

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
These comebacks after multiple years off are always a letdown. Not only is he older, but the injuries are piling up. GSP was already a different fighter after his ACL surgery in 2011, and now, after injuring the other ACL in 2014, there is no way he's going to be near his peak level (of course he claims he's 100% via tweets and in interviews).

Not terribly excited about a comeback at this point. He's done enough. That said, he could probably still do big PPV numbers. So that would be hard to pass up.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Time stamped to when the presser actually starts in this one:

View: https://youtu.be/6OL9KQjL05M?t=12m11s

Time stamped to the reaction of GSP walking in:

View: https://youtu.be/6OL9KQjL05M?t=38m50s

Look carefully at Dana's hand spasming and Hendricks looking over his shoulder with that "oh shit" when they notice GSP barged in. The whole tone of the presser changed after that too.
One of Dana's most cringe-worthy pressers. You can see how the bitter hatred overflows from BLAF's bloated cherry roid face every second GSP is there. Top notch example of control freak behavior in circumstances that can't be fully controlled.

P

Punch

These comebacks after multiple years off are always a letdown. Not only is he older, but the injuries are piling up. GSP was already a different fighter after his ACL surgery in 2011, and now, after injuring the other ACL in 2014, there is no way he's going to be near his peak level (of course he claims he's 100% via tweets and in interviews).

Not terribly excited about a comeback at this point. He's done enough. That said, he could probably still do big PPV numbers. So that would be hard to pass up.
It would be hard to pass up, i completely agree. You just don't see fighters walk away with the belt in tow though. No one except GSP has ever gone out like that, and it burns the ufc to see a fighter that they cannot bring lower than the brand.