Zahabi: Usman’s ‘one level ahead of everyone,’ could be an all-time great

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Firas Zahabi has incredibly high praise for newly crowned UFC champion Kamaru Usman. The renowned coach, who probably knows a thing or two about welterweights and all-time greats, believes Usman has the potential to be one of the best fighters in history.

“I was incredibly impressed by Usman. I think he’s the champ. I think he’s the best welterweight in the division now, and I believe that he’s gonna be champion for many years to come,” Zahabi said on a recent AMA session.

Zahabi believes Usman has the tools to become one of the best fighters of all time, and thinks the Nigerian champion should invest in taking care of his body and health to achieve that.

“If he stays healthy, he’s gonna be…

Zahabi: Kamaru Usman is ‘one level ahead of everyone,’ could become one of the greatest of all-time

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
agreed^

on JRE he was talking openly about his constant injuries, sounds like he is fucked up pretty good already. can't remember what they all are.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
hes the Nigerian version of GSP.
Agreed, but a big difference between the two would be that GSP was 25 when he won the belt, while Usman is 31. Post-USADA, I'm not sure how many guys are going to be fighting effectively into their mid-to-late thirties.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Agreed, but a big difference between the two would be that GSP was 25 when he won the belt, while Usman is 31. Post-USADA, I'm not sure how many guys are going to be fighting effectively into their mid-to-late thirties.
They have more differences than similarities. Dominant wrestling is about the only thing they have in common. GSP is far more technical everywhere especially in the striking.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
They have more differences than similarities. Dominant wrestling is about the only thing they have in common. GSP is far more technical everywhere especially in the striking.
Notice how Fires said "in the division"? The 2 best welterweights in the world aren't in the UFC welterweight division.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
they both are almost impossible to time coming in on a takedown.. yes they have different strking levels but Usmans taken entries are as smooth as gsp..hes a pup in the game.. he will only get better..

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
People need to relax a bit, the blue print to beat Woodley was out there, styles make fights and Usman had the perfect execution of a perfect game plan.

He is still a great fighter, will be interesting to see how he deals with his mirror in Colby and the better wrestler in Askren.