Zuffa boxing update

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Dana (or UFC) bought a facility in Vegas that they are turning into a small arena & plan on doing MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing, etc.

Dana White said that Zuffa Boxing will be a reality & had already said they won’t be working with WBC, WBO, IBF and any other sanctioning bodies during their boxing venture.

View: https://youtu.be/HNTT3gnzlk8?t=709

Last edited:

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
He seems to think they will be able to do what they want with Boxing.
I don't see it
but interesting that they are looking to do other forms of combat sports as well.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
He seems to think they will be able to do what they want with Boxing.
I don't see it
but interesting that they are looking to do other forms of combat sports as well.
This is Dana’s bread and butter - he was molded and chiseled out of the boxing World as a young buck coming up.

ZUFFA and Dana now with plenty of money to throw around can finally return to Boxing a sport they love and try to right all that is wrong in the boxing world.

IMO they should have good success with this venture. But time will tell...

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
This is Dana’s bread and butter - he was molded and chiseled out of the boxing World as a young buck coming up.

ZUFFA and Dana now with plenty of money to throw around can finally return to Boxing a sport they love and try to right all that is wrong in the boxing world.

IMO they should have good success with this venture. But time will tell...
Dana is a boxing fan, nobody else involved is, so I don't know who is "returning" with DW
They would need to have top tier fighters to make a splash & they are all pretty much under contract.
They also need to be concerned with upsetting the real "bread & butter" & that is UFC fighters.
If they offer Boxers a higher %, there will be a lot of pissed off MMA fighters.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
name alone will make it work to a certain extent

Fighters gotta fight tho...you are only assured a share of the boxing realm unless you have/make a star with a highlight reel or compelling demographic/story

wonder what the roster will look like

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Dana is a boxing fan, nobody else involved is, so I don't know who is "returning" with DW
They would need to have top tier fighters to make a splash & they are all pretty much under contract.
They also need to be concerned with upsetting the real "bread & butter" & that is UFC fighters.
If they offer Boxers a higher %, there will be a lot of pissed off MMA fighters.
The fighters have repeatedly proven that no matter how upset they are that they will do nothing more than bitch and whine.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
The fighters have repeatedly proven that no matter how upset they are that they will do nothing more than bitch and whine.
As a collective? 100%
but fighters have been playing hardball more & more since the sale & the numbers were known.
it will just get worse if they pay Boxers a higher % because they can afford to due to UFC fighter making owners millions

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Agreed. This is a stupid idea...

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I think we'll see this go under pretty quick.

Boxing is a different world - he's not the jury, judge and executioner over there. Like Frankie said, all the big boxing stars are obviously already under contract.

These small % MMA payouts aren't going to fly in boxing. There are a lot of sharks swimming around that coast. Golden Boy, Top Rank, Eddie Hearn, Bob Arum, Al Haymon, Frank Warren, Kathy Duva, etc etc etc.

Mustard Tiger

Jul 20, 2015
It'd be wild to see the Lorenzo involved with this.