Zuffa / Fighters Agree to Mediation in Anti Trust Class Action Lawsuit

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Erik - You said on Twitter, to take this as a positive. Can you elaborate please. Thank you sir.

ErikMagraken

Posting Machine
Apr 9, 2015
Erik - You said on Twitter, to take this as a positive. Can you elaborate please. Thank you sir.
I don't read too much into this but if anything it is a positive development. An agreement to mediate is fairly routine is civil litigation.

Its basically an agreement to negotiate in the presence of a mutually agreed upon mediator. Mediators have no ability to force a settlement but they encourage on-going dialogue. Not much may come from this or perhaps a settlement can be reached. Its better than Zuffa outright saying pound sand to the suggestion of mediation.

Preliminary posturing will take place in the lawsuit before any mediation takes place. Zuffa has a motion to dismiss which needs to be heard and there is also a fight over jurisdiction. Once these are resolved and the parties see where the chips are falling they are agreeing to sit down and have a chat.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don't read too much into this but if anything it is a positive development. An agreement to mediate is fairly routine is civil litigation.

Its basically an agreement to negotiate in the presence of a mutually agreed upon mediator. Mediators have no ability to force a settlement but they encourage on-going dialogue. Not much may come from this or perhaps a settlement can be reached. Its better than Zuffa outright saying pound sand to the suggestion of mediation.

Preliminary posturing will take place in the lawsuit before any mediation takes place. Zuffa has a motion to dismiss which needs to be heard and there is also a fight over jurisdiction. Once these are resolved and the parties see where the chips are falling they are agreeing to sit down and have a chat.
Thanks Erik. I know it's early in the process, but you think this gets settled?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
i hope not. i'd like to see more than a payoff. if all of the secrets get heard in court, it could mean a new world for fighters. i don't think newton wants to be bought.
Absolutely. I hope it makes it to the discovery phase, so Zuffa has to open their books.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If it were my fight, I'd entertain every mediation request, play good cop bad cop, and ultimately deny every settlement proposal.
I want the judges to know what Zuffa will pay to avoid discovery.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
I'm picturing Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson as the mediators. "If you wanna throw a few miles our way..."

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Imagine the debates it would settle.
If Zuffa settles, it speaks volumes in my opinion. They will do whatever it takes to avoid opening their books. Talk about a shitstorm that would follow. It would be EPIC.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
If Zuffa settles, it speaks volumes in my opinion. They will do whatever it takes to avoid opening their books. Talk about a shitstorm that would follow. It would be EPIC.
I can see federal officials raiding the Zuffa office and Dana setting himself on fire clutching the actual books, holding on to them with all his might as he burns, twisting and rolling away from people chasing him with fire extinguishers. Lorenzo making a getaway in the helicopter...

Last edited:

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Tricke number one in the booke reads: "Refuse ye, to open this booke even when so ordered by lords of the court..."