Zuffa statement on Rampage injunction... get /facepalm ready

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
UFC has been advised of the New Jersey state court’s ruling in the matter between Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Bellator MMA. The UFC organization was surprised about the ruling because Mr. Jackson represented to UFC on multiple occasions that he was free to negotiate and contract with UFC. The UFC organization is also surprised that Bellator sat on its alleged rights for months before taking action. UFC understands that Mr. Jackson is considering an emergency appeal, and UFC is also considering action to protect its rights and minimize damages regarding this matter. UFC 186 in Montreal, Canada will proceed as planned and UFC is currently evaluating its fight card options.

Via Erik Magraken

Whoever had "Zuffa signed him to use him being barred from fighting in the lawsuit"

You just won the prize for most obvious legal tactic ever attempted, hopefully a judge sees how transparent this is too.

Even when they try to be slick, they can't do it subtle, they do it with a sledgehammer. "Rampage told us he was free to come to us, honest we believed him, d'oh lesson learned guise"

It's like watching a coporate version of a Marx brother's film.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
"Serious guise, we took Rampage, a guy who has been wish washy and opportunistic for a while's word, man are we gullible, we need to like read things or something first *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*"

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So either Rampage was in on this and agreed to be a legal pawn who may have to retire now, or no one around him say... HIS LAWYER, told him this was going to happen, when most of the MMA hardcores called it when it happened.

Unless he doesn't have a lawyer which would make him possibly the stupidest man alive for being involved in MMA to his level with the contracts he has been signing without one.

Rampage is going to go down as one of the saddest, most frustrating people in this sport when he quits for good.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So either Rampage was in on this and agreed to be a legal pawn who may have to retire now, or no one around him say HIS LAWYER, told him this was going to happen, when most of the MMA hardcores called it.

Unless he doesn't have a lawyer which would make him possibly the stupidest man alive for being involved in MMA to his level with the contracts he has been signing without one.
Who in their right mind would believe Zuffa's attorneys would take Rampage's word for it, and not review his contract and make their own determinations? They must think people are idiots. They knew what was up, tried to use it to their advantage, and Rampage was likely in on it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Coker & Bellator are in on it as well. Give us X amount and Rampage Y amount, and we'll play ball.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Who in their right mind would believe Zuffa's attorneys would take Rampage's word for it, and not review his contract and make their own determinations? They must think people are idiots. They knew what was up, tried to use it to their advantage, and Rampage was likely in on it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Coker & Bellator are in on it as well. Give us X amount and Rampage Y amount, and we'll play ball.
Well exactly that's what is obvious about signing him, and obvious about their lie.

What I can't figure out, is why Rampage went along with it.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Yeah, the charade was obvious from the start---the timing of it, especially. I can't say I'm outraged, or even LOLing. I just get physically tired by news like this. Like babysitting a child who keeps thinking he's smarter than you---it just reduces you to autopilot consciousness.

Maybe Zuffa can literally write a Booke of Trickes, assign each trick a number (with sub-headings, like legal code) and then simply announce numbers in conjunction with the fighter name whenever they plan something. It would at least be more efficient that way. Then, if you want, you can click on a Youtube video to see the coded maneuver being acted out.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Of course it is Rampage, and he is just as likely to have not listened to his lawyer... assuming he has one, or manager worth his salt, and go on the next Bellator card and say "Da UFC used me, I'm back to loving Bellator, Coker is the man, Joey Beltran rematch ya'll!."

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Well at least Zuffa got rid of terrible stain on humanity Brian D'Souza so he can't ask "Are you people for real? Did you think this was slick?" to Kim Jong Clean next press conference.

Bad Brian... being a journalist and all, asking questions with gravitas and all that. BAD!

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Also the people of Montreal should really be telling Zuffa to go fuck itself for using THEIR PPV to play this out.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
He got $$ from Zuffa to do this.. this helps their case against the current lawsuits.. Rampage got his money from them.. and I bet if they checked for foriegn bank accoutns you'd see that big chunk of change. Fuck him and zuffa.. just wow.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He got $$ from Zuffa to do this.. this helps their case against the current lawsuits.. Rampage got his money from them.. and I bet if they checked for foriegn bank accoutns you'd see that big chunk of change. Fuck him and zuffa.. just wow.
If he actually goes back to Bellator and fights and doesn't make this put him in the same situation as Wand, he is THE most shameless MMA figure besides Dana.

YammaYoMama

Mar 26, 2015
Weird that none of Zuffa's lawyers, who have plenty of time for anti-piracy litigation, had time to read Rampage's contract before they signed him.

Almost seems grossly incompetent!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Weird that none of Zuffa's lawyers, who have plenty of time for anti-piracy litigation, had time to read Rampage's contract before they signed him.

Or grossly transparent.

YammaYoMama

Mar 26, 2015
I don't think this helps Zuffa's class action lawsuit defense anyways. As others have said, all this proves is that Zuffa will meddle with fighters under contract with other organizations.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015

you should have seen the "we consider you retired" email Heath got... lol

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don't think this helps Zuffa's class action lawsuit defense anyways. As others have said, all this proves is that Zuffa will meddle with fighters under contract with other organizations.
It does that, but it also shows an instance where Bellator was able to keep a high profile from Zuffa because of their contracts. My guess is that this is exactly what Zuffa wanted.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
2013 summer he got a generic email with dana's sig on it saying they considered him retired and he owed them fights etc... His dad is a lawyer and had a chat with them lol
Why doesn't this surprise me.