Zuffa Want Joshua In $500 Million (£350m) Deal to Be Face Of Zuffa Boxing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
GETTY

Anthony Joshua could be a UFC star soon.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship are looking to extend their brand into boxing and want AJ to be the poster-boy.

Dana White, UFC’s president, will attend the title fight between Joshua and Joseph Parker in Cardiff on March 31.

Matchroom Boxing and Eddie Hearn have represented the Watford-born boxer since 2013 but multiple sources indicate that White will try prise him away with a mega-money offer.

With a year left on his deal, the American businessman believes now is the time to make his move.

White has called AJ “the most marketable guy in world boxing” in the past and wants him to be the face of his new brand Zuffa Boxing.

GETTY
World Amateur Championships: Joshua picked up a silver medal in Baku, Azerbaijan after losing by a single point to local boxer Magomedrasul Majidov in the final - securing his place at the 2012 Olympic games

According to the Telegraph, the organisation will bump his wages up by over double for every fight.

Joshua’s biggest earning fight came after he defeated Wladimir Klitschko, where he earned around £15m.

He is likely to make the same amount after his unification fight with Parker.

GETTY

Dana White wants to make a big signing to his new boxing brand

But the UFC, who have applied for a boxing license in Nevada, would pay him a staggering £35m a bout.

Whilst it is unclear whether he would move into mixed martial arts, the 28-year-old has stated that he would be willing to consider it.

Source

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
God I hope not. As much as I hate Eddie Hearn I wouldnt want to see Joshua with Dana, I just think it wont end well.

Coast

Oct 18, 2017
What a terrible Brit I am for not knowing who the fuck he is.
Shame on you.

He's an Olympic HW Gold Medalist, undefeated as a pro and is the WBA, IBF, IBO HW Champion. Recently named the worlds most Marketable Athlete by some magazine.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
That number seems so fucking crazy, I'm just a little skeptical about it.

Anthony Joshua is certainly marketable, but he's not a big PPV draw. He's a big draw in the U.K. by U.K. PPV standards, but they don't charge idiotic prices like they do in the U.S., and that's where they money is. In the U.S. he can't can't even pull a million viewers on Showtime or HBO.

Even if this is say, a ten fight contract with the condition being he only gets paid that much if he's Champion at the time of the fight, $50,000,000 a fight still seems completely outlandish and I'm having a hard time buying it. The math doesn't add up. This just smells like bullshit to me. Then again WME has shown previously that they're not above going full-retard, so I suppose anything's possible.

Coast

Oct 18, 2017
That number seems so fucking crazy, I'm just a little skeptical about it.

Anthony Joshua is certainly marketable, but he's not a big PPV draw. He's a big draw in the U.K. by U.K. PPV standards, but they don't charge idiotic prices like they do in the U.S., and that's where they money is. In the U.S. he can't can't even pull a million viewers on Showtime or HBO.

Even if this is say, a ten fight contract with the condition being he only gets paid that much if he's Champion at the time of the fight, $50,000,000 a fight still seems completely outlandish and I'm having a hard time buying it. The math doesn't add up. This just smells like bullshit to me. Then again WME has shown previously that they're not above going full-retard, so I suppose anything's possible.
1.5 million in the UK v Kiltschko, thats a British record, it would have made around £37,500,000 from PPV, £7,000,000 from the gate + revenue from other TV deals and sponsorships.

Zuffa could theoretically get the their money back on a £35 million per fight deal just by having him fight in the UK.

The obvious fight to make is Joshua v Wilder (to be first undisputed HW Champ since Lewis), it should do really well in the States and propel Joshua to new heights (if he wins of course).

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
1.5 million in the UK v Kiltschko, thats a British record, it would have made around £37,500,000 from PPV, £7,000,000 from the gate + revenue from other TV deals and sponsorships.

Zuffa could theoretically get the their money back on a £35 million per fight deal just by having him fight in the UK.

The obvious fight to make is Joshua v Wilder (to be first undisputed HW Champ since Lewis), it should do really well in the States and propel Joshua to new heights (if he wins of course).
£20 per PPV x 1.5 million buys - 50% PPV provider split = £15 million before costs. £22 million with the gate, and let’s generously round that up to £30 million with sponsorships and international distribution rights. That’s still not £35 million, which in the hypothesized scenario is merely the break even price, not a profit. And that was for the Klitschko fight. Not every fight is going to generate that much.

I still don’t buy the £350 million figure, sounds very sketchy.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
GETTY

Anthony Joshua could be a UFC star soon.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship are looking to extend their brand into boxing and want AJ to be the poster-boy.

Dana White, UFC’s president, will attend the title fight between Joshua and Joseph Parker in Cardiff on March 31.

Matchroom Boxing and Eddie Hearn have represented the Watford-born boxer since 2013 but multiple sources indicate that White will try prise him away with a mega-money offer.

With a year left on his deal, the American businessman believes now is the time to make his move.

White has called AJ “the most marketable guy in world boxing” in the past and wants him to be the face of his new brand Zuffa Boxing.

GETTY
World Amateur Championships: Joshua picked up a silver medal in Baku, Azerbaijan after losing by a single point to local boxer Magomedrasul Majidov in the final - securing his place at the 2012 Olympic games

According to the Telegraph, the organisation will bump his wages up by over double for every fight.

Joshua’s biggest earning fight came after he defeated Wladimir Klitschko, where he earned around £15m.

He is likely to make the same amount after his unification fight with Parker.

GETTY

Dana White wants to make a big signing to his new boxing brand

But the UFC, who have applied for a boxing license in Nevada, would pay him a staggering £35m a bout.

Whilst it is unclear whether he would move into mixed martial arts, the 28-year-old has stated that he would be willing to consider it.

Source
They are going to be heartbroken come April 1st

Edit: they also want Mikey Garcia

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I've not watched boxing since Tyson, Eubank and people like that in forever.
Eubanks son boxes now
Just lost recently to groves but he's a devastating body puncher
Really good

You should check out Joshua though
His fights are fun and his last fight with Klitchko was fight of the year last year

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
L

Please go find his leaked text messages and educate yourself my friend
I'd rather teach you to fish than lead you to water
I don’t follow gossip shit and won’t go chasing it unless it has to do with some b list celeb getting naked or better yet getting hammered

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I don’t follow gossip shit and won’t go chasing it unless it has to do with some b list celeb getting naked or better yet getting hammered
He might have been hammered lol
I'll go see if I can still find em
Tyson fury went in on him hard when it got leaked