Zuffa's letter to fighters

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Dear Athletes,

We are writing to personally advise you of a change to UFC. Renowned entertainment, sports and fashion giant WME | IMG has entered into an agreement to acquire UFC. Silver Lake Partners, KKR, MSD Capital, L.P. and MSD Partners, L.P. will join WME | IMG as new strategic investors. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.

From the moment Zuffa, LLC purchased UFC over 15 years ago, you, the athletes, have always been the central focus of the promotion. That will not change. WME | IMG, who has been involved with UFC for many years, is focused on the continued global expansion of mixed martial arts and committed to further promoting you on the global stage.

Upon closing of the deal, Lorenzo Fertitta will be stepping down as Chairman and CEO of the organization, however, Lorenzo and Frank will retain a minority ownership interest in the business. UFC President Dana White will continue in his role and will also retain a minority ownership interest.

The organization's leadership, a team of great executives hand-picked to help lead the business, will remain in place to carry on their work and continue to lead the team of dedicated employees who promote your careers as mixed martial arts athletes.

You remain a very important part of a highly driven, dedicated and motivated organization that will continue to deliver wold-class experience and opportunities for you as athletes and for the greatest fans in the world.

Thank you,

The Zuffa executive team

------------

How were they (WME) involved with the UFC for many years?

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
Posting what I said in the UFC Confirms Sale thread.

Let me point to this specific statement from the memo:
From the moment Zuffa, LLC purchased UFC over 15 years ago, you, the athletes, have always been the central focus of the promotion.

And contrast it with the comment Fertitta said to Mitrione 3 months ago about how it's the show not the fighters who they (the UFC) are selling to the public.

Yeah ok.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
They continue to lie and cheat, even after they have just been proved to be a liar and a cheater...

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Sorry Can. Looks like we posted within a minute of each other. Wasn't trying to steal your thunder.