General Delta 8 THC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I’m just learning about this cannabinoid. I stopped drinking back in late 2020 (433 days and going strong, woo-hoo!). I’ve always enjoyed marijuana (Delta 9 THc), however,while it helps me in many ways (ex. anxiety, sleep, relaxation, recreation, migraine relief), I don’t always want to have the “stoned” results, and sometimes too much (frequency or quantity) is a trigger for my anxiety/depression.

I stumbled across Delta 8 and I think I’m onto something. It is derived from Hemp not Marijuana (both varieties of Cannabis Sativa) without the strong psychoactive effects. It gives me a lift and offers some of the same benefits that Delta 9 does, but without the negatives. I’m able to maintain a clear mind and get the benefits without getting baked.

As I get older, I want to feel content more than I want to get fucked up and I want to avoid the desire to numb/escape since that is what led to my issues with alcohol.

Any of you have any experience or thoughts on Delta 8?

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
What is delta-8?

Delta-8 THC is a psychoactive compound that’s pretty similar to delta-9 THC. Delta-9 THC is a compound in the cannabis plant that produces a “high.” It’s what people are usually referring to when they talk about THC.
Though delta-8 is similar to delta-9 THC, it has a slightly different chemical structure that makes it a lot less potent.

What are the potential benefits of delta-8?

Like delta-9 THC, delta-8 produces feelings of euphoria, relaxation, and potential pain relief, but they’re a lot milder.
For people who don’t want to experience a pronounced “high,” the lower potency may be a benefit.

Is delta-8 legal?

Here’s the complicated bit.

The 2018 Farm Bill legalized hemp containing less than 0.3 percent delta-9 THC. That means there’s a loophole at the federal level for products containing higher amounts of delta-8 THC, as long as they come from hemp that doesn’t have more than 0.3 percent delta-9 THC based on dry weight.

T

The Big Guy

I don't fuck with it but I have friends who like it. I don't take their opinions seriously most of the time anyway

I just smoke about 5 or 6 of these a day and some rso oil and it's all a breeze
16441570240835541329948659455414.jpg

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Well obviously I must have been smoking too much of Delta 9 THC because I forgot that there was already a Delta 8 thread and I commented in it ?.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Well obviously I must have been smoking too much of Delta 9 THC because I forgot that there was already a Delta 8 thread and I commented in it ?.

You shoulda caught that.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

I was about to give you a pass on this but then I realized it's only like 4 months ago ?

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I’ve used it. They call it ‘diet weed’. That’s a pretty accurate description, imo. You can’t go too deep with it.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I’ll look that up, you look up Blue Waffle
Just hit up your local weed shop and buy some different varieties and see what you like. Science has no place when it comes to pressing issues such as this.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I have never had I need to try it I can pretty much buy any type of weed I want by either walking a few blocks or driving a few miles. We got shit like redline reserve that will pretty much take your eyebrows off.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Tommy chong is 83 and willie nelson is 88 based on their life span weed doesnt seem too bad for the organs. Willie nelson supposedly smokes more weed than snoop dogg who smokes as much B real who smokes 16 joints a day.

M

member 3289

Tommy chong is 83 and willie nelson is 88 based on their life span weed doesnt seem too bad for the organs. Willie nelson supposedly smokes more weed than snoop dogg who smokes as much B real who smokes 16 joints a day.
Neither Tommy Chong nor Willie Nelson can string 7 words together without giggling like an idiot or forgetting where they are.

mmabrad

Lurker
Jul 18, 2022
Haven't tried Delta 8 yet but do think that cannabis is also the only reason Tommy Chong is still alive since it helped with his cancer so he claims and have seen true for tumors online. It is legal in many states but some seem to be starting to prohibit it even though the Farm Act allows since is from hemp....but the government doesn't like loopholes to get high.

I did also see though that there are coupons for many brands on this site Delta 8 THC like I said haven't tried it yet though, but seems legal and just a more subtle high than Delta 9 so if in a non cannabis rec friendly state it's worth a try, I am lucky to be where cannabis is rec legal so hasn't been top of my list but still may try to see how much more subtle it is.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Delta 9 seems to be a better choice than delta 8 if I was in an illegal state like texas. Iirc 9 is psycho active my favorite part of doing drugs is the visuals which is why im getting into shrooms lately hopefully california has an amsterdam situation where shrooms get into the weed dispensaries or open their own stores but they need to be legal first.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I’ve used it. They call it ‘diet weed’. That’s a pretty accurate description, imo. You can’t go too deep with it.
I wonder what would happen of they made delta 9 dabs that would make it at least 7 times stronger out of some sort of dab rig.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Anyone recommend CBN for sleep? I read all about it but so far, I haven’t found it all that useful. Did a cbd/thc gummy and a cbn/thc gummy tonight. Fingers crossed that’s the magic dose.