Dexit?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

DFW4L

15 events before the end of 2016 - YOU'RE WELCOME!
Mar 23, 2016
I sort of prefer the Germans remain a part of a collective Europe, you know, for their neighbors sake....

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I thought Germany was basically running the EU?

I have so much to learn.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
How democratic. o_O
That is the point, the EU has grown from a once pragmatic and sound trade agreement into an anti-democratic monster. The implementation of the Euro was the beginning of the end; caused havoc in Greece and Spain, and Britains refusal to adopt this currency marked the first signs of a rift. There are many thing good about the EU, but some cancerous elements have made this but unattailable dream. The UK will do much better than what the fearmongers are wanting you to believe.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don't think Germany goes anywhere. This is a minority party and Germany has done quite well in the Greece "deal". But the migrant crisis puts Merkel in a populist hot seat.

Also I love her:

But I can see other countries following suit. I'd just be real surprised if Germany was next. Can't even imagine it.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This is good. It sounds like chaos brewing up a storm.

Who better to restore order to these dastardly heathens?

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I would see Italy, Austria, or Finland leave well before Germany. Germany after all has benefitted the most from EU policies. Germany is surrounded by stagnating economies and in worse cases, recession type situations in some of these nations. And Germany has benefitted from these crises as well.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I thought Germany was basically running the EU?
That is the enjoyable and simple story you get from haters. They need the easy target to blame for shit.

I say it again, we have less influence than we should have, given it is divided according to population and we have the biggest population, but are still capped on the same level as the UK, France and Italy in the council, and this is only half of the legislative, the other half is voted for by every EU-citizen.
As for the judicial branch, every country has 1 judge. And the executive branch.. every country has 1 commissioner, 1. Figure that.

The elite is.
Like whom? Teach us. And don't even dare leaving out London. ;)

The implementation of the Euro was the beginning of the end; caused havoc in Greece and Spain, and Britains refusal to adopt this currency marked the first signs of a rift.
Again a bit to simple, there have been friction all throughout the history of it. The UK is not the only country who didn't take on the €.
What is clear though, the € was Kohl's child, and even in our own country, we did not want it, because for us it wasn't a good idea actually, he did it anyway. Did he benefit from it personally? I don't think so, it was more a political vision thing.
Now we have it and deal with it. Just because we adapted better than others... we are the evil people now?

The UK will do much better than what the fearmongers are wanting you to believe.
So if they were struggling, why? With all their exceptions and own currency? They had a prime position not to struggle, no?
Nobody from Germany forbid a British company to sell its products to India, is that what you are thinking? Madness. So now they will be better off because they can finally trade with India? Sure!

Germany after all has benefitted the most from EU policies.
Is that just another easygoing sentence or do you have balanced, clear cut cause and effect-facts on that?

Germany is surrounded by stagnating economies and in worse cases, recession type situations in some of these nations.
Data? Keep in mind, we are neighbouring Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech Republic and Poland.

And Germany has benefitted from these crises as well.
Specifics? And of course, we caused them as well basically, right?

Last edited:

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I say it again, we have less influence than we should have
Germany has the most seats with 96 in a 751 count parliamant. That towers over any other country in the EU. The next closest number is France, Italy, and UK with only 73 members. I'd say that is influence enough.

Like whom? Teach us. And don't even dare leaving out London.
You know what the word means, look it up. And yes, London was part of it, but not anymore, they are sharing a box of tissues with Merkel wondering where it all went wrong.

Is that just another easygoing sentence or do you have balanced, clear cut cause and effect-facts on that?
No it is not, provide a counter argument, not a rethorical question.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Germany has the most seats with 96 in a 751 count parliamant. That towers over any other country in the EU. The next closest number is France, Italy, and UK with only 73 members. I'd say that is influence enough.
Elected by everyone, half of the legislative, <13%. And mostly part of European parties with different views. Oh the dominance.

You know what the word means, look it up. And yes, London was part of it, but not anymore, they are sharing a box of tissues with Merkel wondering where it all went wrong.
Yeah, but I wonder who exactly you mean by that. Its an easy word to use, what is behind it in that context for you?

No it is not, provide a counter argument, not a rethorical question.
I don't have to provide anything, I didn't even deny it.

You made a claim, you have to provide substance behind it. I am actually very interested to see data, its not to be 'against'. Even though I'm not sure how many good facts are out there that are not very complex in itself and have a lot of other connected shit.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I haven't read into this but what do the exit people think is going to happen? In Britain they have now basically isolated England and the others want out of Britain.......interesting as you thought "let's get Britain back for Britain" but you just put yourself into another Unknown..........Scotland voted remain and wants in to the eu, Wales the same....not sure about Northern Ireland........I hope the Scottish and Welsh break away tbh......then there is no more take Britain back for Britain........would be great to see how council house's deal with that....

What's your plan?

Sorry to hijack but I haven't gotten one fucking decent response and most think "ah, "they'll" work it out like everything else"..........lol

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I haven't read into this but what do the exit people think is going to happen?
They are trying to ride the wave like everyone else. Splinty @Splinty was correct in his assessment, they are a small party on the right. It won't fly. The article being titled "Germany calls for" is just sensationalism.

The AfD is probably a lot more right-wing than Farage (not sure). What they want is closed boarders, ban Muslim stuff, throw out foreigners etc. Anti-EU stuff and things like that is something to use to get votes. They don't have a realistic plan.

They are fairly new and on the rise, but already made some ridiculous mistakes like shooting against Boateng.

It is a logical thing, normally the CDU/CSU (Merkel's party) was the very conservative party that is hard on foreigners, Merkel clearly is not, so the people who deflect from CDU/CSU due to that are there for the taking.
Since right of the CDU/CSU there have been only unacceptable neo-nazi-parties, that is a no-go for most.

This is where the AfD comes in, they will fetch some CDU/CSU-voters and will probably take the majority of voters from the neo-nazi-parties, trashing them in the process.
Its like a company filling a niche in the market, makes sense. And this is normal in a democracy that has more than just two parties. :p

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
They are trying to ride the wave like everyone else. Splinty @Splinty was correct in his assessment, they are a small party on the right. It won't fly. The article being titled "Germany calls for" is just sensationalism.

The AfD is probably a lot more right-wing than Farage (not sure). What they want is closed boarders, ban Muslim stuff, throw out foreigners etc. Anti-EU stuff and things like that is something to use to get votes. They don't have a realistic plan.

They are fairly new and on the rise, but already made some ridiculous mistakes like shooting against Boateng. It is a logical thing, normally the CDU/CSU (Merkel's party) was the very conservative party that is hard on foreigners, Merkel clearly is not, so the people who deflect from CDU/CSU due to that are there for the taking.
Since right of the CDU/CSU there have been only unacceptable neo-nazi-parties, that is a no-go for most.

This is where the AfD comes in, they will fetch some CDU/CSU-voters and will probably take the majority of voters from the neo-nazi-parties, trashing them in the process.
Its like a company filling a niche in the market, makes sense. And this is normal in a democracy.
Nigel farage is far right

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Seems to me the Germans are realizing they are left being totally responsible for the welfare state called the EU since the Brits pulled their money and want out.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Elected by everyone, half of the legislative, <13%. And mostly part of European parties with different views. Oh the dominance.

Yeah, but I wonder who exactly you mean by that. Its an easy word to use, what is behind it in that context for you?

I don't have to provide anything, I didn't even deny it.

You made a claim, you have to provide substance behind it. I am actually very interested to see data, its not to be 'against'. Even though I'm not sure how many good facts are out there that are not very complex in itself and have a lot of other connected shit.
The fact is that Germany is the largest economy, the largest member of the EU, and no one in their right mind in Germany is going to oppose the EU, something that has worked miracles for them. Without the EU Germany would have been in another place. What data do you need, when it is general knowledge to anyone who has followed the developments of the EU.

You may disregard all you like, or disprove what you can, or even dislike my views. But this back and forth about data and numbers get a bit tedious for me. A German will of course never oppose the EU, that is only logical.

That said, I do not mean to shit on Germany, as other countries (also the Netherlands) are responsible for taking the EU over the top. Germany as a country is awsome as I spend much of my childhood there. Also I do not want to get into personal back and forths based on where you are from as I respect you as a poster. I just share the sentiment with those that are opposed to the EU in its recent state. The EU is not all bad, and a unified Europe is what is best, but if the terms are not preferred by all involved then they should have the choice to leave without this aimed ridicule.

I will remain openminded as to why the EU is a good thing for countries other than Germany or France. I will take that in consideration.

My context is that I speak from a Dutch point of view, as a European now living abroad in the US.