General How will you react to the ‘new normal’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Things are gonna change round these here parts.

How will you react when you are asked to wear a mask in a shop? When someone says can you move away please. I am trying to pass and I want to social distance myself away from you?

When a restaurant employees insists you shout your order from a safe distance?

A kid in a shop insists you use hand gel before you can come in?

Someone on a train tells you that you have to sit further away from them?

Someone gives you the stink eye as you don’t walk in the road to pass them.

A mother is horrified that your toddler walks up to them and they act like he’s a live grenade.

A prostitute insists you have to wear a condom etc.

I’m kind of mellow about it all atm. I just see a lot of broken scared people so I will comply to save their worried minds from worrying further but I can’t see me carrying on like this forever.

Where do you see yourselves now and in five months down the line?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

How will you react when you are asked to wear a mask in a shop? When someone says can you move away please. I am trying to pass and I want to social distance myself away from you?

A mother is horrified that your toddler walks up to them and they act like he’s a live grenade.

I’m kind of mellow about it all atm. I just see a lot of broken scared people so I will comply to save their worried minds from worrying further but I can’t see me carrying on like this forever.

Last two check outs I've been involved in, the people behind me were within licking distance completely oblivious of the markers on the floor with the 6ft rule. Unforutunately you can't convey emotion with a gigantic face mask dirty looks wise and I don't swear in public, both times children were there too so that was a no no.

I'm a lot less than I was, I would even wear a mask and gloves in the car. Unless I'm in a store, I don't anymore. Feels lik months that I did.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Last two check outs I've been involved in, the people behind me were within licking distance completely oblivious of the markers on the floor with the 6ft rule. Unforutunately you can't convey emotion with a gigantic face mask dirty looks wise and I don't swear in public, both times children were there too so that was a no no.

I'm a lot less than I was, I would even wear a mask and gloves in the car. Unless I'm in a store, I don't anymore. Feels lik months that I did.
tbf you were at the time in a higher risk group so you were well within your rights to demand space.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

I'm fine wearing masks, I'm not into hand shakes and hugs, I've never had or used hand sanitizer but I should so it'd be cool if I was forced to, and no one will need to ask me to give them space cause its the humane thing to do, so I'm doing it anyway

alot of people are still dying right now around me. and I would do alot more for a long tome if it could prevent more pain and suffering

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
tbf you were at the time in a higher risk group so you were well within your rights to demand space.
Sometimes it's just best not to get into an argument, as tempting as it is. Especially with children involved.

I'm 99% all sorted now. You've been though it and you four are grand, life could be a boatload worse, me luff.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Sometimes it's just best not to get into an argument, as tempting as it is. Especially with children involved.

I'm 99% all sorted now. You've been though it and you four are grand, life could be a boatload worse, me luff.
I think that’s what worries me the most.

we are in for a recession that is going to back to the future this country to the 80s.

a lot of unemployment. A shit government and a lot of suffering.

i hope they just borrow and print money so life will carry on. But I have a dread that they will cover their incompetence with hardship for the people affected most.

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
there is no new normal. Things are either normal or they are not. We have already gotten rid of the mandatory face mask wearing outside, bars are open. Eventually it will go back to the way it used to be. It will take longer in some parts of the world, but we will go back to normal normal, not some new normal bullshit. Democrats might fuck the usa even more for their benefit, but thats normal

M

member 3289

How will you react when you are asked to wear a mask in a shop?

When someone says can you move away please. I am trying to pass and I want to social distance myself away from you?

1. I'll wear a mask

2. I'll move

3. I'll shout

4. I'll use hand sanitizer

5. I'll move

6. I won't notice because I don't make eye contact with strangers

7. I'll put a glove on and gently push the filthy bastard away.

8. I'll stab her.

9. In five months I hope the risk is lower and it is safer to venture out. I miss doing shit in nature.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
there is no new normal. Things are either normal or they are not. We have already gotten rid of the mandatory face mask wearing outside, bars are open. Eventually it will go back to the way it used to be. It will take longer in some parts of the world, but we will go back to normal normal, not some new normal bullshit. Democrats might fuck the usa even more for their benefit, but thats normal
I think you have a higher regard to joe public than most CC.

Folks have been broken.

they have been fed a nightly dose of utter panic.

yes this is a tragedy.

and one imo apart from Italy could have been contained.

but we are living in an era where universities have shut down without complaints till Jan 2021.

we are in May.....seven months away.

seven Months is a long time mate

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I think that’s what worries me the most.

we are in for a recession that is going to back to the future this country to the 80s.

a lot of unemployment. A shit government and a lot of suffering.

i hope they just borrow and print money so life will carry on. But I have a dread that they will cover their incompetence with hardship for the people affected most.
Contrary to popular forum belief, I was brought up in the military with military manners, people not administering close personal space makes me feel uncomfy anyway unless I know them...then I'm quite tactile and huggy. This Covid germ thing, it's just decency, right?

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Contrary to popular forum belief, I was brought up in the military with military manners, people not administering close personal space makes me feel uncomfy anyway unless I know them...then I'm quite tactile and huggy. This Covid germ thing, it's just decency, right?
definitely

that was kind of what I’m saying.

im covid compliant. I’m @conor mcgregor nut hugger level compliance apart from murdering prostitutes.

I just wonder what it will be like , or what I will be like in 5 months.

I have utmost respect right now. But for me this isn’t a forever thing. It can’t be. It simply can’t.

or there will never be a music concert or a sports event ever again

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I'm fine wearing masks, I'm not into hand shakes and hugs, I've never had or used hand sanitizer but I should so it'd be cool if I was forced to, and no one will need to ask me to give them space cause its the humane thing to do, so I'm doing it anyway

alot of people are still dying right now around me. and I would do alot more for a long tome if it could prevent more pain and suffering
It is really this simple. No need to be an ass about it.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
definitely

that was kind of what I’m saying.

im covid compliant. I’m @conor mcgregor nut hugger level compliance apart from murdering prostitutes.

I just wonder what it will be like , or what I will be like in 5 months.

I have utmost respect right now. But for me this isn’t a forever thing. It can’t be. It simply can’t.

or there will never be a music concert or a sports event ever again
If anything, it may become a seasonal thing, and the flu sufferers will also benefit from it, cause there may be less of them also.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
It doesn't affect us at all and we are not complying with any of the silly guidelines.
We have had massive dinner parties, with 50 plus friends coming over to eat, drink, swim, dance, etc...

This affects old, fat, and feeble people, that's it.
If you are one of those people or have contact with those people then it's your responsibility to take care.
The world shutting down because of this hysteria is ridiculous.

Le Chat Noir
©

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I don't mind staying 6 feet away from people. That's kind of my preference anyway. I also carry a big bottle of hand sanitizer in my car door and use it often. I have been that way for many years so that's nothing new. I can certainly do without handshakes. Wearing a mask sucks and I would prefer not to, but if i need to wear it to go into stores so be it. It's not worth arguing about.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

How will you react when you are asked to wear a mask in a shop? When someone says can you move away please. I am trying to pass and I want to social distance myself away from you? I thought wearing a mask out in public areas (stores for example) would be a pain in the ass, but I've gotten kind of used to it at this point. I'd rather be inconvenienced a little than sick or dead, or potentially putting someone else at risk.

When a restaurant employees insists you shout your order from a safe distance? I haven't experienced this and doubt it will become common occurrence. When I've been to Subway for example, the workers are wearing masks and gloves, I'm wearing a mask, and besides that the process is just like it was pre-COVID

A kid in a shop insists you use hand gel before you can come in? I'm already bathing in the shit any time I leave the house anyway, so no issue here.

Someone on a train tells you that you have to sit further away from them? Dont use public transportation here.

Someone gives you the stink eye as you don’t walk in the road to pass them. Fuck em...

A mother is horrified that your toddler walks up to them and they act like he’s a live grenade. Fuck em...

A prostitute insists you have to wear a condom etc. Fuck em...

Where do you see yourselves now and in five months down the line? Everything is pretty kosher actually. Seems like the world has kind of slowed down a bit during this thing. Less traffic, kids at home with their families, less fast food and more meals at home, people spending more time with family, etc. Maybe this was a good thing in some ways. Five months from now...who knows. Depends on if there's a resurgence of cases and deaths, and the Gov't shuts things down again. I personally don't see Trump allowing that to happen though. The death rate is what, like less than 2% or something in the US? Mostly elderly or people with underlying health issues. All life matters but you can't shut down the largest economy in the world again for less than 2% of the population. The other 98% need to work, go to school, and have their freedom back to some degree. You set guidelines, tell people what they can do to better protect themselves, and then it's up to them to take the necessary precautions. The elderly and people with underlying conditions may not have the same luxuries as the young and healthy. Just the way it is unfortunately. So I think five months from now, things will be similar to what they are today, but we'll much be closer to a vaccine and putting this behind us for good.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
yeah that’s pretty much where most normal folk are at.

and yes. this enforced lock down has made families realise what life was back in the day (25/30years ago) lol when we ate the same time.

in my little area I can see the 11 to 15 year olds having to eat at home.

i can also see the rebellious ones out smoking with their mates but still obeying lock down.

but I do worry about the lack of social interaction between children which is so important. Especially for kids from 4 to 11. Mine aren’t that age thankfully and this will wash over them.

imo we’ve made the effort. We’ve been royally ducked by government (uk) And the next stage now is to protect the vulnerable with huge social recourses but allow the rest of us to get back to work.

i think this has killed us economically at a level almost of the Second World War albeit with less deaths, and less bravery. Much less bravery.

I genuinely worry about where we are in five years.

that said. As an optimist. If you look back in history then the middle 1920s were one of the greatest times to be alive ....if you had money.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
No Comment

waiting for a vaccine is not the answer though
what bout covid 20?
it is being tweaked in a clandestine lab as we speak

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
yeah that’s pretty much where most normal folk are at.

and yes. this enforced lock down has made families realise what life was back in the day (25/30years ago) lol when we ate the same time.

in my little area I can see the 11 to 15 year olds having to eat at home.

i can also see the rebellious ones out smoking with their mates but still obeying lock down.

but I do worry about the lack of social interaction between children which is so important. Especially for kids from 4 to 11. Mine aren’t that age thankfully and this will wash over them.

imo we’ve made the effort. We’ve been royally ducked by government (uk) And the next stage now is to protect the vulnerable with huge social recourses but allow the rest of us to get back to work.

i think this has killed us economically at a level almost of the Second World War albeit with less deaths, and less bravery. Much less bravery.

I genuinely worry about where we are in five years.

that said. As an optimist. If you look back in history then the middle 1920s were one of the greatest times to be alive ....if you had money.
I always considered home schooling bad for children because of social interaction during formative years, now I just want to keep kids away from icky germy stuff and keep them safe

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
I always considered home schooling bad for children because of social interaction during formative years, now I just want to keep kids away from icky germy stuff and keep them safe
how will they build immunity to other nasty shit if they dont interact with each other?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
how will they build immunity to other nasty shit if they dont interact with each other?
I wish to all fuck I had been imunised against Whooping Cough, German Measles and Measles. I was so fucking ill. The Whooping Cough went on literally for months, my dad was in literal tears at some points, had to put paint pots on the bottom of my bed legs to help my lungs out.