General Poisen Ivy is REAL

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Homeslice

Dec 16, 2023
Fuking have not had that shit since I was a kid. There has been some in my back yard, behind garage coming from neighbor's yard, never paid much attention to it since it had not invaded too bad. And I lightly brushed up against it a few times over the years walking by it - nothing happened to me. But that shit has been taking over, more and more every year, seriously cutting into my plant growing space. Thus it had to go. So I cleared a bunch out this weekend. But it rubbed all over me. Shit was a fuking battle this weekend. I won, but it was touching me religiously. I thought, no big deal, sure I had it when I was a kid, but that was like an alergy that I have grown out of. I'm not allergic to it anymore.

BAD THINKING HOMESLICE.

I'm fuking itching all over. All day. Bloody in spots. Can barely sleep. Poisen ivy sucks, this sucks, life sucks. Just stay away from the shit.

That's all I got. Heed my words, or perish...

Poisent ivy.jpg

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Fuking have not had that shit since I was a kid. There has been some in my back yard, behind garage coming from neighbor's yard, never paid much attention to it since it had not invaded too bad. And I lightly brushed up against it a few times over the years walking by it - nothing happened to me. But that shit has been taking over, more and more every year, seriously cutting into my plant growing space. Thus it had to go. So I cleared a bunch out this weekend. But it rubbed all over me. Shit was a fuking battle this weekend. I won, but it was touching me religiously. I thought, no big deal, sure I had it when I was a kid, but that was like an alergy that I have grown out of. I'm not allergic to it anymore.

BAD THINKING HOMESLICE.

I'm fuking itching all over. All day. Bloody in spots. Can barely sleep. Poisen ivy sucks, this sucks, life sucks. Just stay away from the shit.

That's all I got. Heed my words, or perish...

View attachment 100128
Been thru it 100 times

My best advice is to wash entire body well with soap, cut your nails and wash your hands well often

When you are in shower or as needed you run hot water(hot hot but not scalding/burning) on the blister/affected area and that will give you 6-8 hours of good sleep as your body heals that skin...This is the most important part, the hot water satisfies the itching response and lets you get 6+ hours of rest before itching becomes a priority

For future you don't touch it, you know how to identify it on sight even without leaves...if on your property you dig/remove/poison it out of your area

I worked in the oregon woods for 20 years and where I live now it is widespread, I have tons of advice but that is a start...AMA

NO scratching, only hot water and healing
Scratching is the opposite of healing or dealing with it, scratching is scarring

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I feel for ya bruh. I've had some NASTY rashes from that shit over the years. It is no fun.

I've learned to identify it with a quickness, and if I think I might have touched it I wash up good with soap and water as quick as possible.

If you are ever out in the wild and don't have soap and water, nature will often provide jewelweed where poison ivy is present.

It looks like this:
1714468512302.png

1714468583336.png

1714468633513.png

Crumble it up and use the juices where you brushed up against poison ivy.

Not as good as soap and water - but if you are out in the wild it's good to know. When hiking and see it I'll grab a bunch of it and keep it on me just in case.

Homeslice

Dec 16, 2023
Thanks a ton guys. Rather than do all those techniques you guys suggested, I just do the Homeslice method - scratch the FUK out of anything itching until it starts bleeding. Then let it scab up. Scabs don't get poisen ivy itch...

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I got the shit on me the other day, cutting down some trees in the woods at the back of our property. Itching like crazy. My daughter gets it by just looking at the shit.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thanks a ton guys. Rather than do all those techniques you guys suggested, I just do the Homeslice method - scratch the FUK out of anything itching until it starts bleeding. Then let it scab up. Scabs don't get poisen ivy itch...
That's how it spreads. Start with rubbing it with rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer. Then move to Calamine lotion.

Homeslice

Dec 16, 2023
Fuk, Wild, I wish you would have told me that a couple days ago. I feel like this guy right now:

1714518333338.png

Can't stop scratching. :( I went to the gym earlier and kept scratching, and some chick looked at my leg and made a face and got the fuk away from me with a quickness, like I am a leper. :(:(:(

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
as Hauler @Hauler said...

Identification is key, and if you think you got some on you...wash as soon as possible

If you get it off of you within a few hours you will have no problem, it takes hours(even up to 8) to start causing a reaction/rash.

If you get it on you clean off the oils by washing many times...then use the hot water to appease the itching and allow sleep/peace/healing.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Fuk, Wild, I wish you would have told me that a couple days ago. I feel like this guy right now:

View attachment 100136

Can't stop scratching. :( I went to the gym earlier and kept scratching, and some chick looked at my leg and made a face and got the fuk away from me with a quickness, like I am a leper. :(:(:(
Do the hot water(shower turned to hot)...you won't want to itch for hours

Don't be a pussy and don't ignore good advice you pussy

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
as Hauler @Hauler said...

Identification is key, and if you think you got some on you...wash as soon as possible

If you get it off of you within a few hours you will have no problem, it takes hours(even up to 8) to start causing a reaction/rash.

If you get it on you clean off the oils by washing many times...then use the hot water to appease the itching and allow sleep/peace/healing.
Or use lots of pee.

Homeslice

Dec 16, 2023
Do the hot water(shower turned to hot)...you won't want to itch for hours

Don't be a pussy and don't ignore good advice you pussy

LOL. Can you go into a little more detail about that hot water thing? "(shower turned to hot)" - what exactly do you mean there, could you be a little more specific? Thanks!

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
LOL. Can you go into a little more detail about that hot water thing? "(shower turned to hot)" - what exactly do you mean there, could you be a little more specific? Thanks!
Don't play dumb

Get in shower, turn water to hot as you can
Run water on blisters/rash for 30==60 seconds...the itching will go away immediately as you are satisfying the histamine reaction that makes you itch.

Then you get about 8 hours until you have to do it again

Really simple

Report back and thank me later

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That's how it spreads. Start with rubbing it with rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer. Then move to Calamine lotion.
While a common thought, that's actually false.
It doesn't spread from scratching. Unless you still have the oil under your fingernails or something.

Sometimes it can feel like it's spreading because - depending on exposure level and skin thickness - the rashes don't all show up at the same time.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I just spotted some while mowing. Gonna spray it tonight.

Everyone knows the "leaves of three let it be" saying - but the easiest way to identify is by the stems. The two adjacent leaves are directly off the stem, then the middle leaf protruded out a bit.

1000008582.jpg

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Here's a nasty bastard I cut last year. Another thing to watch out for is a hairy vine.

1000008583.jpg

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
At first glance I thought this was ivy, but it's actually a baby ash tree. Pretty stoked about this little guy.

1000008584.jpg

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Everyone knows the "leaves of three let it be" saying - but the easiest way to identify is by the stems. The two adjacent leaves are directly off the stem, then the middle leaf protruded out a bit.

View attachment 100138
People try to tell me we don't have poison ivy here, but they are wrong
I see it going 50 feet up a tree here, old ass vines near treetops

I'm saying this map is wrong, the spread is farther west in Oregon at least...nearly to the coastline now
1714523526124.png

Our poison ivy has different leaves

Blast

Fagguette
Feb 10, 2024
I am an expert when it comes to this stuff just like mysticmac @mysticmac. Piss on everything. Drink so much water that you piss the bed then get up in the middle of the night and suck up that piss and then piss it out on the infected area. That’s called “double piss” and treates it quicker.

Piss, piss, piss. It sounds crazy but piss has uric acid which is an immune system stimulant. You get uric acid by generally eating foods high in protein or oddly drinking beer.

My advice is to get your wife, girlfriend, or friend over and grill up some beef. Get out the Budweiser and go ham. Drink, eat, and then piss on everything.

Do not go back in the bush. Unless it’s your wife’s…

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I am an expert when it comes to this stuff just like mysticmac @mysticmac. Piss on everything. Drink so much water that you piss the bed then get up in the middle of the night and suck up that piss and then piss it out on the infected area. That’s called “double piss” and treates it quicker.

Piss, piss, piss. It sounds crazy but piss has uric acid which is an immune system stimulant. You get uric acid by generally eating foods high in protein or oddly drinking beer.

My advice is to get your wife, girlfriend, or friend over and grill up some beef. Get out the Budweiser and go ham. Drink, eat, and then piss on everything.

Do not go back in the bush. Unless it’s your wife’s…
This guy understands science.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
While a common thought, that's actually false.
It doesn't spread from scratching. Unless you still have the oil under your fingernails or something.

Sometimes it can feel like it's spreading because - depending on exposure level and skin thickness - the rashes don't all show up at the same time.
Yeah, I meant from the oil on your fingers when you scratch. Then touch other parts of the body.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

View attachment 100138
What do you spray it with to kill it?