Sonnen to Jones: ‘Just go with it, just be a scumbag’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

A few days after Jon Jones’ DWI arrest in late March, Chael Sonnen came to his defense. But these days, the “West Linn Gangster” is going the opposite direction.

“I think Jon Jones since his latest arrest, I mean, the mask is off,” Sonnen told Submission Radio. “The world’s known he’s a scumbag for a while, but now that he’s finally in touch with just what a dirty guy he is and now he’s putting out interviews, he’s steering into it.”

Sonnen particularly picked on Jones’ arrest video, which showed a more vulnerable, helpless side of the reigning UFC light heavyweight champion. “Bones,” he feels, isn’t being true to himself during those moments. He also…

Sonnen: Jon Jones should stop pretending and ‘just be a scumbag’; Adesanya ‘will whip his ass’

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Chael is right again. Jones just needs to embrace his inner asshole.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Jones is lost. Been getting worse since his mom died.
There is no difference in his behavior whatsoever from before and after his mother died.

This is the same trap the media keeps falling into - trying to assign trauma as the reason for Jones' actions, when it is clear to anyone paying attention that he couldn't care less. Do you believe his religious persona too?

With respect, Jones would laugh at your naivety. Maybe I'm more of a sociopath than I thought I was, because I seem to get almost as much enjoyment out of him manipulating rubes as he does himself.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
There is no difference in his behavior whatsoever from before and after his mother died.

This is the same trap the media keeps falling into - trying to assign trauma as the reason for Jones' actions, when it is clear to anyone paying attention that he couldn't care less. Do you believe his religious persona too?

With respect, Jones would laugh at your naivety. Maybe I'm more of a sociopath than I thought I was, because I seem to get almost as much enjoyment out of him manipulating rubes as he does himself.
probably a combination of eveyrthing

narcissist, cte, mother's passing, boredom, etc...

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

On the other hand, maybe Jones doesn't owe anyone anything, including explanations. He beats people up for a living and does a lot of dumb stuff along the way. I don't think it's manipulation. It's apathy. I believe his mom's death represented a change for him because he's not only been dumber outside the cage, but inside it as well. He's been phoning it in in his fights and his life. Dude may be a narcissist or a sociopath, but those are mental health issues, not permanent untreatable states. It's tempting to read a lot into Jones because he's got PR strategists continually trying to bail his image out, but his image isn't what needs saving. His mind is. I grew up hearing Tyson was a demon and an animal and now he's America's sweetheart. The reality is we pay to watch a guy who's obviously effed in the head bludgeon other people so we're all just as culpable as he is.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
On the other hand, maybe Jones doesn't owe anyone anything, including explanations. He beats people up for a living and does a lot of dumb stuff along the way. I don't think it's manipulation. It's apathy. I believe his mom's death represented a change for him because he's not only been dumber outside the cage, but inside it as well. He's been phoning it in in his fights and his life. Dude may be a narcissist or a sociopath, but those are mental health issues, not permanent untreatable states. It's tempting to read a lot into Jones because he's got PR strategists continually trying to bail his image out, but his image isn't what needs saving. His mind is. I grew up hearing Tyson was a demon and an animal and now he's America's sweetheart. The reality is we pay to watch a guy who's obviously effed in the head bludgeon other people so we're all just as culpable as he is.
I don't disagree at all with that. We can try to convince ourselves that we aren't scumbags but ultimately all we really care about is consuming a violent sport.

If a bit of sociopathy is all we need to get these cunts actually willing to defend their belts, then sign them all up for a dose of it.

Long may Jones reign.