General 10/14/1947

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Uncle Tom Doug

Official TMMAC Racist
Jun 24, 2022
I went to High School with some of his grandkids. He came and spoke a few times and did meet and greets. He might have even done one when we were in middle school.

sparkuri

Pulse on the finger of The Cimmunity
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He borrowed a stick 'o Beemans for that flight, and cut off the hangar janitor's broomstick to use as a latch handle.

CasketCaseZombie

Aug 13, 2024
He borrowed a stick 'o Beemans for that flight, and cut off the hangar janitor's broomstick to use as a latch handle.
The Beeman’s may or may not be a screenwriter’s invention, but the broom stick is real history. He needed to “…wang it shut.”
The movie shows engineer Jack Ridley present for 3 of Yeager’s historic flights, but they took license with that. By the time of the 1963 altitude flight in the NF-104 he had been dead 5 years, in a transport plane that flew into the side of Mt. Fuji.

CasketCaseZombie

Aug 13, 2024
“Remember when I waxed your tail?”
“Why, Hotdog, you were just in my shadow!”

“I was just layin’ there and the hatch just blew!”

“The issue ain’t pussy: the issue is monkey!”

MountainMedic

Rock Kicker
Sep 28, 2017
Such an awesomely underrated movie.
Had to go in my digital cloud collection.
I don't know about underrated, it was a pretty big movie when it came out and kind of re-ignited (see what I did) movies about that era of discovery. Most of the leads had huge opportunities based on the success of it.

I remember seeing it in the theater. It was awesome and long, lol. Properly watched it 10-15 times on the small screen over the years.
Its one of those movies that if your switching channels and stumble across it the rest of the afternoon is shot... you are going to watch it.