1036lb squat walked out and buried

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
We can blatantly see it's NOT raw. He's got knee sleeves at a minimum and it very much looks like a suit, too.
This is why im starting to not like PLing, I always thought Raw = no wraps/straps/suits/belts

Now certain feds are allowing knee, elbow and wrist wraps as well as belts and still classing it as raw.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
We can blatantly see it's NOT raw. He's got knee sleeves at a minimum and it very much looks like a suit, too.
I dont know who is correct on this but from what i can find, in the IPF they consider sleeves raw. It also said he is wearing a soft suit not single ply. Found this on Instagram....

"This was 100% raw. It was a soft suit not single ply. This is also IPF drug tested federation , we don't use knee wraps we use knee sleeves"

Again, i have no idea who is right. I think the one video was in a meet though so if he had a suit on he would have had to hide it from everyone. And since he weighs 400, 1000lbs is 2.5 times his weight. Not too crazy.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
This is why im starting to not like PLing, I always thought Raw = no wraps/straps/suits/belts

Now certain feds are allowing knee, elbow and wrist wraps as well as belts and still classing it as raw.

i think there is a significant difference between wraps and sleeves. I dont think sleeves get you a bunch of extra weight like wraps do, correct? I use sleeves and they feel good using them but i doubt i can get extra weight.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I dont know who is correct on this but from what i can find, in the IPF they consider sleeves raw. It also said he is wearing a soft suit not single ply. Found this on Instagram....

"This was 100% raw. It was a soft suit not single ply. This is also IPF drug tested federation , we don't use knee wraps we use knee sleeves"

Again, i have no idea who is right. I think the one video was in a meet though so if he had a suit on he would have had to hide it from everyone. And since he weighs 400, 1000lbs is 2.5 times his weight. Not too crazy.
People can have their own versions of what raw means but we all know it's supposed to mean without the aid of lifting gear.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
i think there is a significant difference between wraps and sleeves. I dont think sleeves get you a bunch of extra weight like wraps do, correct? I use sleeves and they feel good using them but i doubt i can get extra weight.
Hmm raw = no equipment IMO except maybe WL shoes but I dont know much man

I remember when I first started I watched a guy pull 200kg for a double, and he said "raw baby, no wraps, no straps, no protein powder" I always took that to be in the spirit of raw lifting, 18 months later I pulled 200 for two on the same basis. I get that the no protein powder hasnt got anything to do with raw lifting but I felt good about being a totally natty lifter with no equipment or sups

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Ever seen the Bulgarian training hall tapes from Ironmind? Cool to watch the Bulgarians front squat in cold spartan conditions getting ready for the Worlds in their t-shirts and sweats. No fan fare or spotters, just raw sushi.