General 14 students, 1 teacher dead following mass school shooting in Texas

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
These kids need more shooter drills

1653540314041.png

1653540337687.png

And gear them up

1653540467456.png

We need to focus on securing the schools so the mass shootings will just happen at other locations.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Brief break from the sarcasm...

One of my med school friends is an emergency medicine doctor in San Antonio. She trained at Yale during Sandy Hook. Both during her time at Yale and now working in San Antonio. She received phone calls asking her crew to be on standby to receive a large number of children due to an active shooter.

And in both cases she didn't have to act because all of the children were dead on arrival. There was no mass medical need to fill up the surrounding EDs.

M

member 3289

Second one I can speak to because open carry is legal here, never seen an open carry person starting shit or creating trouble....30+ years in open carry state.
Will you ever stop posting anecdotal evidence as if it means a fucking thing?

Oct 24, 2015
Seems people here are more upset about someone shit posting a thread or talk about “losing my guns” than the kids and the teachers that lost their lives. I guess those are only statistics.

M

member 3289

That map surprised me. I didn't think open or concealed carry was legal in jersey (just read up that its very rare and comes with training and approvals by police etc)

Surprised even more that Florida doesn't allow it. But like you said, thank God since your state has so many zombies running around lol
Open carry seems completely fucking insane to me, but I grew up here.

Concealed carry with zero training requirements also sounds like a terrible idea. In Florida you have to take a 4-hour class and then wait around 50-55 days for your application to be processed/permit to be issued. It isn't much but it's better than nothing.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Open carry seems completely fucking insane to me, but I grew up here.

Concealed carry with zero training requirements also sounds like a terrible idea. In Florida you have to take a 4-hour class and then wait around 50-55 days for your application to be processed/permit to be issued. It isn't much but it's better than nothing.
100% with you. open and concealed carry are both insane to me because people are insane. when people snap, i dont want them to have the option to reach down and grab a gun

there are some exceptions. i can understand why someone would want to carry a gun out hiking even though pepper spray is supposedly much more effective against some animals such as large bears

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So let's roll with the idea that you have your Ted Cruz solution. We don't care about El Paso Walmart's or Buffalo grocery stores or synagogues or pulse nightclubs or Las Vegas strips. We just need to secure these schools. Think of the children!

I looked it up. It looks like about 50% of shootings that occur on school campuses occur by students. So you will now impact only half of the shootings. You'll need those metal detectors and millimeter wave scanners because the students are the ones bringing the guns half the time. I can't seem to find specific stats on rampage mass shootings to see if they have a different demographic. Are they mostly columbines? Or are they mostly Adam lanza's?

You can break an AR-15 down by it's pins and put it in a backpack easily. Throw in a few 30 round magazines and you're walking around with nearly a hundred rounds, a rifle, and room to store your homework.

The uvalde shooter just locked himself in one classroom and went to work killing everybody in it. Just like any student could no matter how much you lock the other classrooms from the outside, etc. Etc. And in fact in the uvalde situation, because the classrooms are locked from the outside as a security measure arriving police officers took 40 minutes to get into the classroom. You'll need to solve that too.

And then hopefully our kids aren't getting killed while buying new backpacks at Walmart and lunchables at the grocery store.

FINGERS

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Someone clearly isn't praying hard enough. You need to find that person and put them in jail. That will stop this.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021