General 2019 College Football thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Ugly weather against a team with the best RB in the country?

Buckeyes beat #13 Wisconsin 38-7
Held Taylor to 2.6 avg on 20 carries.

These Buckeyes are legit.
Chase Young is a BEAST.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Big win for UofL today to get to 5 wins (3-2 ACC). This was a team projected to go 3-9 and winless in the ACC. We got one hell of a staff. One more to be bowl eligible, which is impressive from where we were last year.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Kind of a weak lineup, overall

No. 14 Michigan at Maryland
Noon, ABC

No. 8 Georgia at No. 6 Florida
3:30 p.m., CBS

Miami at Florida State
3:30 p.m., ABC

Wofford at No. 4 Clemson
4 p.m., ACCN

No. 9 Utah at Washington
4 p.m., Fox

Ole Miss at No. 11 Auburn
7 p.m., ESPN

No. 17 Cincinnati at East Carolina
7 p.m., CBBSN

UAB at Tennessee
7 p.m., ESPNU (will Tennessee get one step closer to being bowl eligible?!)

Vanderbilt at South Carolina
7:30 p.m., SECN

No. 7 Oregon at USC
8 p.m., Fox

M

member 3289

Georgia being a 6.5 point favorite doesn't make much sense to me

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Georgia being a 6.5 point favorite doesn't make much sense to me
yeah, I am unsure about that game
the perception certainly favors Florida

but this Florida team almost lost to Miami, was down 19 to Kentucky, and the only 5* on it's entire roster is Brenton Cox, who transferred from UGA and is not playing this weekend. UGA has like 14 5* guys. And while Florida is pretty good in most statistical categories UGA is better in almost all of them. but Florida has played Auburn and LSU. But Smart's teams have dominated Mullen's teams. But Florida is healthy on defense for the first time this year. But UGA is getting key players back too and UGA has won the last two in the series.

I have no idea who to pick, even if betting straight up. I think if UGA can hit some passes early, don't have to be deep balls but 5-15 yards, then UGA wins. If UGA can't complete a pass for yards and they are forced to run then Florida wins. Just my uneducated guess

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
yeah, I am unsure about that game
the perception certainly favors Florida

but this Florida team almost lost to Miami, was down 19 to Kentucky, and the only 5* on it's entire roster is Brenton Cox, who transferred from UGA and is not playing this weekend. UGA has like 14 5* guys. And while Florida is pretty good in most statistical categories UGA is better in almost all of them. but Florida has played Auburn and LSU. But Smart's teams have dominated Mullen's teams. But Florida is healthy on defense for the first time this year. But UGA is getting key players back too and UGA has won the last two in the series.

I have no idea who to pick, even if betting straight up. I think if UGA can hit some passes early, don't have to be deep balls but 5-15 yards, then UGA wins. If UGA can't complete a pass for yards and they are forced to run then Florida wins. Just my uneducated guess
Florida is gonna have to get to Fromm early and often, and set the tone.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Kind of a weak lineup, overall

No. 14 Michigan at Maryland
Noon, ABC

No. 8 Georgia at No. 6 Florida
3:30 p.m., CBS

Miami at Florida State
3:30 p.m., ABC

Wofford at No. 4 Clemson
4 p.m., ACCN

No. 9 Utah at Washington
4 p.m., Fox

Ole Miss at No. 11 Auburn
7 p.m., ESPN

No. 17 Cincinnati at East Carolina
7 p.m., CBBSN

UAB at Tennessee
7 p.m., ESPNU (will Tennessee get one step closer to being bowl eligible?!)

Vanderbilt at South Carolina
7:30 p.m., SECN

No. 7 Oregon at USC
8 p.m., Fox
thanks

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Surreal to see Cincinnati in these threads as a ranked team. They've got a great squad with a nasty defense. Very fun to watch.

But in true Cincinnati tradition, I'm waiting for them to drop one of these games they should easily win. It's the Cincy way.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Georgia favored by 6.5 over Florida?

I'll probably drop some coin on that one. Feels closer to a pick-em game. Florida's D is solid and they can get after the QB. Assuming they play man on the WRs, they should be able to crowd the box and try to stuff a very potent Georgia rushing attack. A spread of 6.5 feels way too high.

Degenerate gambler comments aside, this is a huge game. Both UGA and Florida have 1 loss, so the loser in this one is eliminated from playoff consideration. This should be a great game in a great atmosphere.

M

member 3289

I have a bet with my coworker, a huge FSU fan.

If the U wins, he has to wear a UM shirt all day at work on Monday. If Florida State wins, I have to wear an FSU shirt all day at work on Monday.

Office dress code normally wouldn't allow it but our boss gave his approval.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015

I'll probably drop some coin on that one. Feels closer to a pick-em game. Florida's D is solid and they can get after the QB. Assuming they play man on the WRs, they should be able to crowd the box and try to stuff a very potent Georgia rushing attack. A spread of 6.5 feels way too high.

Degenerate gambler comments aside, this is a huge game. Both UGA and Florida have 1 loss, so the loser in this one is eliminated from playoff consideration. This should be a great game in a great atmosphere.
Not just out of the playoff race but also outside of the division race. A loss pretty much ends the season

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
If the U wins, he has to wear a UM shirt all day at work on Monday. If Florida State wins, I have to wear an FSU shirt all day at work on Monday.

Office dress code normally wouldn't allow it but our boss gave his approval.
There's gonna be some confused customers when they come around the McDonald's drive thru to pick up their orders.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I think I am going degenerate today
gonna bet some football boxing and MMA

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Notre Dame about to lose to Va Tech? Down 6 with 7 min to play