General 2019 College Football thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
WTF? I didn't 'member them even being on his radar.

I thought he was "interested" in like 5 other schools......none of them named TCU.
yeah, that seemed to come out of nowhere
but I am happy he isn't going to a team UGA will play, the kid is talented.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Colin Cowherd recently had a theory that the SEC may play even if no one else does. He made a good case for it. Football is bigger in that part of the country and the COVID-19 numbers are lower in most of those states. Football brings in so much money it supports most athletic programs. I know they want to get it back up and running, i just don’t see how they can do it at schools that aren’t bringing back all the students.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Colin Cowherd recently had a theory that the SEC may play even if no one else does. He made a good case for it. Football is bigger in that part of the country and the COVID-19 numbers are lower in most of those states. Football brings in so much money it supports most athletic programs. I know they want to get it back up and running, i just don’t see how they can do it at schools that aren’t bringing back all the students.
I have heard so many different proposals but one was they would only allow X% of fans into stadium, say 25%. so for season ticket holders they would get tickets to 1/4 of the home games and the remaining value of their tickets would go towards next season or refunded. you'll have the big $ boosters who are guaranteed every game, required staff that'll be there, etc so fewer spots for the base level ticket holders and general public. we'll see what actually happens. I would rather see the games played and if that means no fans or x% at any game then I am all for that.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Entire athletic departments will go under if football isn’t played this year. They need the TV money more than anything. I think something will get figured out, but the season will be postponed and crowds reduced.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
WTF? I didn't 'member them even being on his radar.

I thought he was "interested" in like 5 other schools......none of them named TCU.
Yeah I’m pretty sure Patterson took a flyer on an extremely talented kid. Can’t really blame him but I’ll be shocked if Evans finishes his career there.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Entire athletic departments will go under if football isn’t played this year. They need the TV money more than anything. I think something will get figured out, but the season will be postponed and crowds reduced.
They are gonna have to do some type of profit sharing. No way all the teams are playing. Some states are not gonna have schools open anytime soon.

Thingading

Mar 26, 2020
The MAC just eliminated conference tourneys for 8 sports, including baseball, for at least the next 4 years. I can't help but think the likely loss of football revenue is a huge reason.

As far as the NCAA, whose role is to "govern competition in a fair, safe, equitable manner as the administrative authority for men's and women's intercollegiate athletics....."

They basically said they don't have a clue of what to do, and they are going to leave start dates up to state officials and university presidents. Wait.....who is in charge???

Last edited:

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
It’s time the NCAA disappeared or at least changed drastically. I’m ready to see the next step in college athletics.

T_Sauce

Feb 26, 2020
The way I understand it, the State of California associated (San Diego State, San Jose State, Fresno State, Cal State Fullerton) universities are going to remain digital for the fall semester. The University of California (UCLA) universities haven't officially announced yet. I forget where USC falls in all of this, I don't think they are associated with either system, I could be wrong about that though.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
The way I understand it, the State of California associated (San Diego State, San Jose State, Fresno State, Cal State Fullerton) universities are going to remain digital for the fall semester. The University of California (UCLA) universities haven't officially announced yet. I forget where USC falls in all of this, I don't think they are associated with either system, I could be wrong about that though.
This was my understanding with Cal State and Fresno being the first.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It’s time the NCAA disappeared or at least changed drastically. I’m ready to see the next step in college athletics.
Same here. They’re corrupt as shit, and in most cases, completely incompetent of leadership.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
California as a whole?
Democrat state and Gavin Newsome’s a puss. Let’s see what Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Alabama and other red states decide to do before drawing conclusions. College sports is big business. Universities, broadcast companies, local businesses, etc need that revenue. Trump wants to see sports come back ASAP. The UFC just put on a successful event over the weekend, and Dana White said a lot of other sports have been in contact with him about how to come back safely. White and Trump go back 20 years. This thing is far from over.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Democrat state and Gavin Newsome’s a puss. Let’s see what Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Alabama and other red states decide to do before drawing conclusions. College sports is big business. Universities, broadcast companies, local businesses, etc need that revenue. Trump wants to see sports come back ASAP. The UFC just put on a successful event over the weekend, and Dana White said a lot of other sports have been in contact with him about how to come back safely. White and Trump go back 20 years. This thing is far from over.
Other professional leagues are reaching out to Dana to get advice on how to treat their athletes? Wow. This world really is fucked .

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
How do you guys think Norvell is going to do at FSU? How long before he has them competing with Clemson?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I’m getting my haircut by this nice looking, unassuming chick today and we had a nice conversation
She is Karon Higdon’s fiancé. He is a legend at the university of Michigan and was ranked (I believe) in the top 5 of running backs for the 2019 draft.
He went undrafted......how does this happen?
Before he went to the combine, they pulled his mri from when he pulled his groin in the first game of the season.
He actually tore his groin and played the entire season with a torn groin. UM hid this from him.
Was on the Texans practice squad last year as everyone wrote him off and he made his $150,000 for practice squad.
He made the team this year and he’s playing for them this year.
She said there is zero news about what they’re gonna do this season.....nothing. Just doing virtual workouts and drilling from home........