General 2019 College Football thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

Those are the margin of victories for tOSU this season.

Starters are usually pulled early in the 2nd half.. QB Justin Fields has only attempted 13 passes in the 4th quarter. If they wanted to, they could be putting up 100 pts a week against some of these teams.

The sledding is about to get a bit rougher though. Next game is against #9 Penn State, then the big one against #15 Michigan.

Last edited:
M

member 3289

Those are the margin of victory for tOSU this season.

Starters are usually pulled early in the 2nd half.. QB Justin Fields has only attempted 13 passes in the 4th quarter. If they wanted to, they could be putting up 100 pts a week against some of these teams.

The sledding is about to get a bit rougher though. Next game is against #9 Penn State, then the big one against #15 Michigan.
OSU may win the national title this year, but I will never, ever forget 2002.

#robbed

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
interesting stats, per The Athletic
Oklahoma’s 21-point halftime comeback was the largest against an FBS team with a 9-0 record or better since NCAA classification began in 1937

In the second half, Oklahoma ran 58 plays for 368 yards and Baylor ran only 16 plays for 69 yards.

Since the College Football Playoff began in 2014, teams were 0-162 when trailing a CFP-ranked team by at least 25 points

Ohio State became the second team in the past 100 years to win its first 10 games by at least 24 points.The other was 1971 Nebraska, whose streak ended at 10 games with its 35-31 win against No. 2 Oklahoma

Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor broke Herschel Walker’s record for most career rushing yards through a player’s junior season

Since 2017, Taylor has 11 200-yard games, tied for the most in FBS history. The rest of the Big Ten has 12 such games in that span

Joe Burrow has set the single-season passing record at LSU (3,687 yards)

School records that Burrow does hold: Most 300-yard passing games in a career (10) and season (8), passing touchdowns in a season (38), total touchdowns in a season (41), completions in a season (268), passing yards in a season (3,687) and consecutive completions in a game (17 on Saturday).

His 78.5 completion percentage currently would be the best in NCAA history.

Ole Miss’ John Rhys Plumlee is the first quarterback to rush for at least 200 yards against the AP No. 1 team since Vince Young in the 2006 Rose Bowl vs. USC (2005 season)

Georgia allowed its first rushing touchdown of the season in a 21-14 win at Auburn.

Georgia was the first team in 20 years to not allow a rushing TD through its first nine games.

Georgia also became the first team to beat a Gus Malzahn Auburn team coming off an idle week. The Tigers were 9-0 after an off week under Malzahn, including 8-0 against SEC teams.

Iowa is 5-1 against AP-ranked top-seven teams at home since 2008 after a 23-19 win against AP No. 7 Minnesota

However, Iowa is 0-4 against teams ranked Nos. 8-10 in that span. Teams want to be good, but not too good, when going into Kinnick Stadium

Georgia Southern scored a touchdown in all three phases for the third time this season

Kentucky has a 16-16 SEC record over the past four seasons, the first time the Wildcats have won at least half of their conference games over a four-year stretch since 1953-56

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
UGA had nine three-and-outs Saturday, and a whopping 2 yards in the fourth quarter.

Fromm completed less than 50% of his passes, but had 3 TD passes and zero interceptions

Fromm’s first eight games vs. ranked opponents: 11 touchdowns, 6 interceptions.

Fromm’s last seven games vs. ranked opponents: 16 touchdowns, 1 interception

UGA only crossed the Auburn 40 three times yesterday. They scored on all three of those possessions.

Ten of the UGA’s 14 drives went for fewer than 10 yards. One other went for 16.

UGA won their division for the third consecutive year. Only one other SEC East teams has ever won three or more in a row; Florida, 1992-96

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
UGA had nine three-and-outs Saturday, and a whopping 2 yards in the fourth quarter.

Fromm completed less than 50% of his passes, but had 3 TD passes and zero interceptions

Fromm’s first eight games vs. ranked opponents: 11 touchdowns, 6 interceptions.

Fromm’s last seven games vs. ranked opponents: 16 touchdowns, 1 interception

UGA only crossed the Auburn 40 three times yesterday. They scored on all three of those possessions.

Ten of the UGA’s 14 drives went for fewer than 10 yards. One other went for 16.

UGA won their division for the third consecutive year. Only one other SEC East teams has ever won three or more in a row; Florida, 1992-96
They won, innit?

You win and play on, innit?

M

member 3289

Let's assume it's Georgia-LSU in the SEC championship and that Alabama wins its remaining game/games:

- LSU wins , UGA is out of the CFP and Alabama in (regardless of how close the title game is)

- UGA wins a close game, UGA and LSU stay in the CFP and Alabama out?

- UGA wins in a blowout (least likely scenario but this is hypothetical), LSU out and Alabama in?

Thoughts?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Let's assume it's Georgia-LSU in the SEC championship and that Alabama wins its remaining game/games:

- LSU wins , UGA is out of the CFP and Alabama in (regardless of how close the title game is)

- UGA wins a close game, UGA and LSU stay in the CFP and Alabama out?

- UGA wins in a blowout (least likely scenario but this is hypothetical), LSU out and Alabama in?

Thoughts?
I'm sure Bama will handle WCU (I legit have no idea who that is) but getting by Auburn without Tua might prove difficult.

And the fact that they don't have Tua might have a part in how people vote. I'm sure they'll deny it though.

Still plenty of football to be played. Best time of the year.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
13 of the ACC's 14 teams all have lost at least three games. Last season, 12 of the 14 all lost at least four.

why that matters is the Orange Bowl

that is one of the big bowl games. It is supposed to pick the highest-ranked non-playoff team from the ACC to play. Except right now there is no 2nd ACC team ranked

When have you ever seen an unranked team play in one of the big New Year's bowl games?

Six of the 14 ACC teams are currently at .500 or worse!

The ACC has 10 bowl games. But currently, only six teams are bowl eligible. (Don't get cocky Pac-12, you only have five bowl-eligible teams and you have seven bowl games)

Clemson is 38-2 in their last 40 ACC conference games, with an average margin of victory sitting at 25 points

Seriously, the ACC is BAD.

How many teams from the AAC would finish second in the ACC?

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Saturday
No. 8 Penn State at No. 2 Ohio State
Noon, FOX
Western Carolina at No. 5 Alabama
Noon, ESPN
Illinois at No. 17 Iowa
Noon, BTN
Texas A&M at No. 4 Georgia
3:30 p.m., CBS
Texas at No. 14 Baylor
3:30 p.m., FS1
UCLA at No. 23 USC
3:30 p.m., ABC
Pittsburgh at Virginia Tech
3:30 p.m., ESPN2
Arkansas at No. 1 LSU
7 p.m., ESPN (biggest line history for an SEC conference game)
No. 6 Oregon at Arizona State
7:30 p.m., ABC
Tennessee at Missouri
7:30 p.m., SECN
TCU at No. 9 Oklahoma
8 p.m., FOX
No. 7 Utah at Arizona
10 p.m., FS1
Washington at Colorado
10 p.m., ESPN

M

member 3289

13 of the ACC's 14 teams all have lost at least three games. Last season, 12 of the 14 all lost at least four.

why that matters is the Orange Bowl

that is one of the big bowl games. It is supposed to pick the highest-ranked non-playoff team from the ACC to play. Except right now there is no 2nd ACC team ranked

When have you ever seen an unranked team play in one of the big New Year's bowl games?

Six of the 14 ACC teams are currently at .500 or worse!

The ACC has 10 bowl games. But currently, only six teams are bowl eligible. (Don't get cocky Pac-12, you only have five bowl-eligible teams and you have seven bowl games)

Clemson is 38-2 in their last 40 ACC conference games, with an average margin of victory sitting at 25 points

Seriously, the ACC is BAD.

How many teams from the AAC would finish second in the ACC?
I can't speak for the rest of the ACC, but in Miami's defense, all our losses have been by 7 points or fewer. We've lost to some shitty teams, I won't say otherwise, but since we got Jarren Williams back at QB we've looked pretty damn good.

We still lost to UF and UNC with him as our starter, but I don't believe we would've lost to V Tech and I KNOW we wouldn't have lost to Georgia Tech if he hadn't been injured.

I'm not saying we can beat Clemson, but we're a lot better than our record indicates.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Make chili when I wake up
Penn St vs Ohio St @ noon
UofL vs Syracuse @ 4pm

That's my Saturday

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I can't speak for the rest of the ACC, but in Miami's defense, all our losses have been by 7 points or fewer. We've lost to some shitty teams, I won't say otherwise, but since we got Jarren Williams back at QB we've looked pretty damn good.

We still lost to UF and UNC with him as our starter, but I don't believe we would've lost to V Tech and I KNOW we wouldn't have lost to Georgia Tech if he hadn't been injured.

I'm not saying we can beat Clemson, but we're a lot better than our record indicates.
You keep qualifying your bunch of mediocre, pussy, "team"

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Make chili when I wake up
Penn St vs Ohio St @ noon
UofL vs Syracuse @ 4pm

That's my Saturday
my son is competing in a bjj tournament tomorrow, then taking my mom to sushi for her birthday. so I will miss most of the tOSU vs PSU game. sucks.

my wife's birthday is on Sunday and having a party at the house. making gumbo. I had someone clean the house today, which helps, but I still need to go grocery shopping and food prep for Sunday.

I'll catch the UGA game and bits of others but unfortunately, I'll miss more than I want.

also, I made white chicken chili for the first time a couple of weeks ago and that is fucking awesome and I highly recommend.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
my son is competing in a bjj tournament tomorrow, then taking my mom to sushi for her birthday. so I will miss most of the tOSU vs PSU game. sucks.

my wife's birthday is on Sunday and having a party at the house. making gumbo. I had someone clean the house today, which helps, but I still need to go grocery shopping and food prep for Sunday.

I'll catch the UGA game and bits of others but unfortunately, I'll miss more than I want.

also, I made white chicken chili for the first time a couple of weeks ago and that is fucking awesome and I highly recommend.
Well, at least you're missing it for your son. That's worth it.

And agree on white chicken chili. My wife makes it a lot during the fall and winter, and its awesome.