General 2020 Wildfires Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Oregon officials brace for “mass fatality incident” as 36-mile-wide wall of flames threatens Portland
Officials in Oregon have issued a warning that they are preparing for a "mass fatality incident,” with over 1 million acres being consumed by the flames.

As much of the west coast remains mired in smoke and raging fires, officials in Oregon have issued a stark warning that they are preparing for amass fatality incident, with over 1 million acres being consumed by the flames as well as at least seven confirmed deaths and dozens missing during this week’s wildfires,

Potentially thousands of homes may have been wiped out while at least half a dozen homes were decimated when walls of fires consumed the region.

And as 36-mile-wide line of flames edged into the towns around Portland, encroaching closer on the major city, Portland’s mayor has declared a state of emergency as the unfolding disaster worsens.

Earlier Friday, Gov. Kate Brown said that over 1 million acres had gone up in flames across Oregon. The number is about twice the yearly average over the past decade, according to The Oregonian.

Upwards of half a million people, or 12 percent of the state’s population, are under some kind of evacuation warning or order while about 40,000 have been subject to mandatory evacuation due to what the governor warned was a “once-in-a-generation event.”
I mean, why mess around burning one business down at a time when you can set fire to the bush and burn down the whole city amirite.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
And I get how absolutely obnoxious it could be if someone just kept injecting doubt into your real life threats and things you know about
I sometimes wonder how you feel if your expertise that you gained in years of hard work is being dismissed by a simple "but look at this meme".
It must tear at your soul.

Well, the freedom to doubt anything is part of freedom as well.
On the positive side, new doctors don't need to study anymore, just take the reddit crash course.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
How you doin?
What's your proximity?
10 miles(air is still and stagnant)
can't breath if outside

We are good.

I am fucking pissed at arsonists though...not gonna catch a charge over it though lol.(not lol really)

Rain and cold air is coming brother.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I sometimes wonder how you feel if your expertise that you gained in years of hard work is being dismissed by a simple "but look at this meme".
It must tear at your soul.

Well, the freedom to doubt anything is part of freedom as well.
On the positive side, new doctors don't need to study anymore, just take the reddit crash course.
Bro

Be careful who you put on a pedestal

Splinty is a smart and accomplished man no doubt

Doesn't mean he is correct and accurate in everything he believes

Same goes for every single one of us

We all have our blinders

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Oregon officials brace for “mass fatality incident” as 36-mile-wide wall of flames threatens Portland
Officials in Oregon have issued a warning that they are preparing for a "mass fatality incident,” with over 1 million acres being consumed by the flames.

As much of the west coast remains mired in smoke and raging fires, officials in Oregon have issued a stark warning that they are preparing for amass fatality incident, with over 1 million acres being consumed by the flames as well as at least seven confirmed deaths and dozens missing during this week’s wildfires,

Potentially thousands of homes may have been wiped out while at least half a dozen homes were decimated when walls of fires consumed the region.

And as 36-mile-wide line of flames edged into the towns around Portland, encroaching closer on the major city, Portland’s mayor has declared a state of emergency as the unfolding disaster worsens.

Earlier Friday, Gov. Kate Brown said that over 1 million acres had gone up in flames across Oregon. The number is about twice the yearly average over the past decade, according to The Oregonian.

Upwards of half a million people, or 12 percent of the state’s population, are under some kind of evacuation warning or order while about 40,000 have been subject to mandatory evacuation due to what the governor warned was a “once-in-a-generation event.”
damn getting close to PDX?

Seems it may get pushed east on monday as the moist pacific air returns.

Not as much moisture forecasted for PDX though.

Hoping we get .5 to 1.0 inch in the hills here to help give them a chance to fight these fires as the season changes.

sparkuri

Pulse on the finger of The Cimmunity
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
damn getting close to PDX?

Seems it may get pushed east on monday as the moist pacific air returns.

Not as much moisture forecasted for PDX though.

Hoping we get .5 to 1.0 inch in the hills here to help give them a chance to fight these fires as the season changes.
I just told a girlfriend in Battleground 20 minutes ago, "Remember, it creates its own weather pattern too"

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Like you and your arsonists, but we aren't allowed to point out the flaws in that theory.
Ur allowed to do anything you want sir. Point away if you would like to.

I'm pulling punches in this "E beef" and not interested in a fight on the webs.

We are both men and we both have flaws in our thinking and even decision making.

Is what it is brother.

Stay safe and healthy and I truly mean that.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I just told a girlfriend in Battleground 20 minutes ago, "Remember, it creates its own weather pattern too"
that is true

Weather predictions are extra unreliable lately...all over the place and changing even more often than usual.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Ur allowed to do anything you want sir. Point away if you would like to.

I'm pulling punches in this "E beef" and not interested in a fight on the webs.

We are both men and we both have flaws in our thinking and even decision making.

Is what it is brother.

Stay safe and healthy and I truly mean that.

No fight. Just getting the truth out.
Believe none of what you hear and only have of what you see. Half that smoke ain't real.
You're pretty into the MSM official story. I know you'll see the truth soon. Watch when the fires suddenly go away. You'll see.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
No fight. Just getting the truth out.
Believe none of what you hear and only have of what you see. Half that smoke ain't real.
You're pretty into the MSM official story. I know you'll see the truth soon. Watch when the fires suddenly go away. You'll see.
I get it
Your mad I don't agree 100% with your Covid opinions and content
Your making it crystal clear...plain as day

Can we just agree to disagree on that topic and move on?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I get it
Your mad I don't agree 100% with your Covid opinions and content
Your making it crystal clear...plain as day

Can we just agree to disagree on that topic and move on?
I'm not mad. Don't know what this has to do with covid. Watch the fire story change
Peace. Goodnight.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I'm not mad. Don't know what this has to do with covid. Watch the fire story change
Peace. Goodnight.
haha
ur full of shit and you know it...this has everything to do with my posts about other topics, and that is why you did an imitation of how you view my posts and content on topics you disagree with me on in this very thread.

"The fire story" lmao...There are always fires this time of year...This year we have an excess of arson activity and arrests...and also an excess of fires, that is the facts.

If you wanna drag history from other threads into this one...that is on you.

Last edited:

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
our wildfire was caused by a gender reveal shit show mishap in san bernardino it actually blocked out the sunrise here during day still looked dark . it is like smoking a pack of cigarettes breathing.
IMG_20200911_113858_626.jpg20200911_073505_Burst01.jpg

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Bro

Be careful who you put on a pedestal

Splinty is a smart and accomplished man no doubt

Doesn't mean he is correct and accurate in everything he believes

Same goes for every single one of us

We all have our blinders
Im not putting him on a pedestal.
I had my gripes with doctors, but those where of practical applications, I have little doubt they got their theoretical knowledge right.

When I was studying I had a lot of overlap with students of medicine and I know how hard they have to work and that they need to be able to apply the scientific method and are basically geared towards making theories based on the evaluation of a plethora of information.
Now of course even in their field there can be bad apples, but I think most of em you can sniff out because they have something to gain by doing so. What does Splinty @Splinty have to gain by making posts here?

Having said that, we are going off-topic. Stay safe my man.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm finishing 2020 with a bang. Wife and I are flying to San Fran Thursday to get some of that real Covid and tan in the Apocalyptic fires.