General 2021 NFL Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Lock would smoke him in Camp, and Lock is still a project with high upside but a ton to prove.

I think Seattle will draft a QB mid rounds and that they think they can coach Lock up a bit(unlike broncos did) to be an effective starter...He wasn't just a throw in part of that trade, they wanted his contract rights.

I don't believe in Cap Nick personally, he was good for a bit then he wasn't and he is gone/done.

View: https://twitter.com/GoodGuyAtSports/status/1503163175448944640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1503163175448944640%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fieldgulls.com%2F2022%2F3%2F14%2F22976049%2Fcolin-kaepernick-looking-for-pass-catchers-tyler-lockett-responds-seahawks

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That proves nothing my man, different teams and different times
I know what Kap did(was a beast for a bit), and what NFL scouts still see in Lock

That comparison is from Cap 8 years ago to a guy that just lived thru 2 years of Vic Fangio and Pat Shurmer running the Denver Football Team in 2022

Lock might not be it in Seattle, but I really don't think NFL Scouts view Kap as a better short term or long term QB option in 2022.

Hawks should consider it, but there are far better ways to succeed at QB in the near future.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
That proves nothing my man, different teams and different times
I know what Kap did(was a beast for a bit), and what NFL scouts still see in Lock

That comparison is from Cap 8 years ago to a guy that just lived thru 2 years of Vic Fangio and Pat Shurmer running the Denver Football Team in 2022

Lock might not be it in Seattle, but I really don't think NFL Scouts view Kap as a better short term or long term QB option in 2022.

Hawks should consider it but there are far better ways to succeed at QB than that long shot IMO.
I think it's more of a situation where you have nothing to lose, if The Kap fits under The Cap.

Even as an experienced QB to compete with Lock and step in if Lock gets hurt...say what you will about Kap, he's still a low-mileage high-experience QB who plugs right in to your system

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think it's more of a situation where you have nothing to lose, if The Kap fits under The Cap.

Even as an experienced QB to compete with Lock and step in if Lock gets hurt...say what you will about Kap, he's still a low-mileage high-experience QB who plugs right in to your system
I agree 100% with that

Is he gonna play for cheap? Is he gonna insist upon starting?
I feel like he brings a ton of questions about his intent on coming back...but if he will be a good teammate if he is a backup at times, then that is great and good on him.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
I agree 100% with that

Is he gonna play for cheap? Is he gonna insist upon starting?
I feel like he brings a ton of questions about his intent on coming back...but if he will be a good teammate if he is a backup at times, then that is great and good on him.
If he would agree to a strongly performance based contract, he could get the big money he would want.

The rumours since he left SF have been that he wants starter money, given how long he has been away from the NFL now it's unlikely he will get that offered.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Kapp may get another shot in Denver. I almost hope he does so the world will see that poor Kapp didn’t get blackballed only because he’s a tool, but also because he can’t play. He’s a backup who gets more attention than starters.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Kapp may get another shot in Denver. I almost hope he does so the world will see that poor Kapp didn’t get blackballed only because he’s a tool, but also because he can’t play. He’s a backup who gets more attention than starters.
He’s played the race card big time, get him exposed as he is a weak QB

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Denver?
Why there?

they got a decent backup in Johnson...paying him good coin.

and they have a coach in training as third string Rypien

Zero need for a distraction

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I wonder how popular the Browns owners are with the rest of the owners during the annual Owners' Meeting this week?

they paid Deshaun all that money, guaranteed. A lot of owners gotta be "fuck them"
Basically ruined the future of the sport like baseball was.
The owners are still gonna make bank because if the TV deals and they will just add extra onto the tickets and cable bills to fuck the fans.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Weird that they called out offensive. Maybe they look at that side of the ball as a gateway to a HC position?

Didn't read link.
Not sure what’s going on, only that it is a “coach”, not necessarily a coordinator or anything directing traffic

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Not sure what’s going on, only that it is a “coach”, not necessarily a coordinator or anything directing traffic
Do they have to actually hire a minority offensive coach, or just do the Rooney rule thing and interview at least one?

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Wow, I wonder how many teams will make up a new offensive coaching position just to throw someone in there. There must be a good few teams that are already happy with their offensive coaching staff, surely?
Yes sir, I don’t see the point but that’s what they will have to do as any head coach will want to bring his crew on to run his team, not a forced person