General 2021 NFL Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
A defense that relies on blitzing and man coverage as much as the Dolphins can't afford to lose two exceptional cornerbacks and still perform. I see that as the crux of the issue, injuries at other positions would not have had such a great effect.

That being said, given that the Dolphins aren't Super Bowl material offensively right now, a losing season gives the (slight) silver lining of earlier draft picks. Until the QB problem is solved, I don't see the Dolphins winning the division, let alone going deep in the playoffs.
Gesicki and Waddle are the real deal. The rest of the offense is shaky, at best.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It's a little of column A and a little of column B.

Jimmy having Deebo (who is ridiculous), Kittle (the best all around TE in the league), and Aiyuk (who looks like himself again) combined with Kyle just trying to ram the ball down the throats of the Rams to set up the play action was crucial. Made a HUGE difference. It's also the first game where all of them have been healthy this year.

I'm definitely cautiously optimistic after last night but still not expecting miracles.
when healthy Deebo is unreal
love watching him play

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Gesicki and Waddle are the real deal. The rest of the offense is shaky, at best.
DeVante Parker is a quality receiver, and Will Fuller is also good (if fragile). The Dolphins receiving corps is high quality, what is needed is someone to consistently throw the ball to them, and a credible rushing threat to take the pressure off the passing game. So you know, all the rest of an offense :)

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
DeVante Parker is a quality receiver, and Will Fuller is also good (if fragile). The Dolphins receiving corps is high quality, what is needed is someone to consistently throw the ball to them, and a credible rushing threat to take the pressure off the passing game. So you know, all the rest of an offense :)
And a viable offensive line to block for them, although I actually think Jackson at guard could be really good and Hunt seems to be solid. Also have hopes for Eichenberg. Need a center and left tackle to fix it up.

I always liked Fuller and Parker, but you said a key phrase—fragile. Both are damn good when on the field, it’s keeping them on it that’s been an issue.

M

member 3289

And a viable offensive line to block for them, although I actually think Jackson at guard could be really good and Hunt seems to be solid. Also have hopes for Eichenberg. Need a center and left tackle to fix it up.

I always liked Fuller and Parker, but you said a key phrase—fragile. Both are damn good when on the field, it’s keeping them on it that’s been an issue.
Cut both of them after this season. They get hurt every time they take a piss.

M

member 3289

Fuller really needs to go. Dude’s making $10 million to play two games, and have four receptions for 26 yards.
Agreed.

And Devante Parker is great but he's played one full season in six years with us. We could replace both guys with one WR who's more reliable. That player would complement Waddle.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Agreed.

And Devante Parker is great but he's played one full season in six years with us. We could replace both guys with one WR who's more reliable. That player would complement Waddle.
But you still don't have anyone to throw the ball.

How is Parker's arm? Maybe he can play QB.

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
Agreed.

He’s probably a pipe dream, but I would be all in on Miami making a run at Allen Robinson. That guy produces regardless of who’s throwing him the football. Also would like Tim Patrick, who I think is going to put up real strong numbers once he gets the hell out of Denver.

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
But you still don't have anyone to throw the ball.

How is Parker's arm? Maybe he can play QB.
At this point, Sam Howell is likely going to fall to the second round. I’d take him in Miami in a second. Same with Sam Hartman if he declares.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
At this point, Sam Howell is likely going to fall to the second round. I’d take him in Miami in a second. Same with Sam Hartman if he declares.
You guys are going Pickett from Pitt.
Book it.

The kid is solid.

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
You guys are going Pickett from Pitt.
Book it.
I always liked Pickett honestly. He makes all the throws, has solid leadership and accuracy, and while he’s not a scrambler, he can throw on the run. Plus, the last time Miami took a Pitt QB, it worked out nicely for them. Issue is, I see Pickett going in the first. I don’t know where San Francisco’s pick is going to wind up at this point, but I really want them to address that offensive line in the first— namely at left tackle, unless somehow Tyler Linderbaum is on the clock.

I’d say I want them to take a running back, but there’s not one in this year’s class that has a first round grade. Zamir White, Isaiah Spiller, Brian Robinson, Kenneth Walker and D’Vonte Price all carry 2nd and 3rd round grades. I know everyone in the Dolphin fan base bitches over Chris Grier passing on Harris for Phillips, but he really fucked up the year prior by passing on Taylor for Noah Igbinoghene.

M

member 3289

That Mike White “hype train” derailed fast.
It's still a bit of a bizarre move not to start White. The season is basically over for them and I'd think they need to see if the guy is capable of competing for QB1 in the future or not.

Saleh is a smart guy so I'm thinking he knows White is shit and he doesn't want the team to get trounced at home by their biggest division rival.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Josh Allen looked fairly average for his first two years at the Bills, before having a breakout season last year. It's therefore too early to write Tua off.

Having said that, I don't share your optimism.
Josh Allen is much bigger and Stronger. Tua was fragile in college and will continue to be fragile in the NFL. No matter how pretty of a ball he throws, Miami needs to cut their losses and move on. None of these college kids seem like future franchise guys to me. The Dolphins need to pay whatever it takes to keep Deshaun Watson out of jail on one their team.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
It's still a bit of a bizarre move not to start White. The season is basically over for them and I'd think they need to see if the guy is capable of competing for QB1 in the future or not.

Saleh is a smart guy so I'm thinking he knows White is shit and he doesn't want the team to get trounced at home by their biggest division rival.
Saleh is a new coach writhe a losing record. He is thinking short term about who is more likely to win the next game.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
The Patriots are getting shit figured out. They are playing tough and physical. That style travels well and works well in all weather. They may be a tough out if they make it to the playoffs. Mac n Cheese is doing way better than i expected.

M

member 3289

The Patriots are getting shit figured out. They are playing tough and physical. That style travels well and works well in all weather. They may be a tough out if they make it to the playoffs. Mac n Cheese is doing way better than i expected.
I knew in the first game of the season that Mac Jones was going to be a good QB. He's had some ups and downs since then but he's shown a lot of composure.

I can definitely see why Belichick cut Cam Newton to go with this kid.

M

member 3289

Saleh is a new coach writhe a losing record. He is thinking short term about who is more likely to win the next game.
Possibly, though I don't think his job is in any danger.

But you're probably right. Just focus on winning one game at a time because that's all you can do.