General 2024 MLB Thread (Official)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Hauler @Hauler, ya boy is retiring, sad.

Good.
Has he decided to write children's books with his stupid fucking rhymes?

I love New York
I eat spoon with a fork
Juan Soto?
Oh no no...
That guy only eats pork

5000 games, eh?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I hate west coast games.
The Reds don't start tonight until 9:40 PM

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The richest team has the worst announcers, minus Paul O’Neill
Paul O'Neill is a former Red.

But he didn't start hitting for average until he went to the AL and faced that weak-sauce pitching.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Paulie and Mikey are the best team in the business.

Former Red, LOL. Forever Yankee.

BTW, the Yanks put up four in the 9th FTW today.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Did a 4 way same game parlay. Hit 3 legs. My 4th was for Elly to get a hit. The fucking Angels walked him 4 times.

Pussies. Fucking American League candy asses.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWwvGqqLrUI

LOL that ball was at least a foot and half above his glove. Interference, give me a break.
The HR wall is like the end zone in the NFL. It continues straight up to define where in-play and OB is. Same goes for foul territory. Providing the fan doesn't reach OUT into the field of play, they actually have just as much right to the ball as the player.

In this one the fan definitely looks to have reached out. When that happens, it's up to the ump to decide if the ball would have traveled over the wall on its own or not or if the player was interfered with. It doesn't really matter if the player would have caught it if the fan wasn't there - only if the fan reached OUT and touched either the ball or a player IN the field of play. In this case both look to have happened.

Was the player going to make that catch? Doesn't look like it to me. But it still looks like interference is the right call here.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
The HR wall is like the end zone in the NFL. It continues straight up to define where in-play and OB is. Same goes for foul territory. Providing the fan doesn't reach OUT into the field of play, they actually have just as much right to the ball as the player.

In this one the fan definitely looks to have reached out. When that happens, it's up to the ump to decide if the ball would have traveled over the wall on its own or not or if the player was interfered with. It doesn't really matter if the player would have caught it if the fan wasn't there - only if the fan reached OUT and touched either the ball or a player IN the field of play. In this case both look to have happened.

Was the player going to make that catch? Doesn't look like it to me. But it still looks like interference is the right call here.
Yeah, I know the rule. I also know common sense.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Yeah, I know the rule. I also know common sense.
Common sense = When your home team is fielding, you give them all the room in the world to reach over the wall. When the opponent is fielding...you ARE the wall.

When I get 1st row seats, I pump myself up like I'm Harold Howard. I don't scream "If you're coming on, then come on" at the opposing team - but only because I don't need to.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Common sense = When your home team is fielding, you give them all the room in the world to reach over the wall. When the opponent is fielding...you ARE the wall.

When I get 1st row seats, I pump myself up like I'm Harold Howard. I don't scream "If you're coming on, then come on" at the opposing team - but only because I don't need to.
Common sense = when you have a glove on and the ball comes right at you, you should catch the ball.

And I don't think it was his team. He won the game for the home team. By sucking at baseball.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Common sense = when you have a glove on and the ball comes right at you, you should catch the ball.

And I don't think it was his team. He won the game for the home team. By sucking at baseball.
Ok Bartman. 😉