57 yr old Tyson to box Jake Paul on netflix

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Tyson said he will end him . I think it’s going to be another hard sparring. They seem to be buddies still.
I think Jake likely wins, just on size & young muscle.
If they are pals, I can see hard sparring between 2 skilled capitalists.
If Tyson is genuine, this is must-see TV;
this is a fight even at 58 yo.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I do understand Tyson going for the payday, but man he's old as fuck in terms of fighting.
I still hope he makes Jake eat a month or two through a straw.

So is this an "exhibition" match with 1000 rules or straight up boxing rules?
it will be exhibition

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i hope jake paul does some ignorant shit that lights that fire inside of iron mike . that being said mike only has a chance in the first few rounds then jake will out cardio him and run him in to the ground. it is basically young ,fit ,currently active ,tall and rangey boxer vs savage powerhouse that is 100 years old and has boxed 1 time in the last 20 years . i would love to see mike peekaboo a body, body ,head, uppercut combo and end jake paul but i aint holding my breath

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I think Jake likely wins, just on size & young muscle.
If they are pals, I can see hard sparring between 2 skilled capitalists.
If Tyson is genuine, this is must-see TV;
this is a fight even at 58 yo.
How big is Jake? Tyson's career was 220-230lbs. I'd imagine he is somewhere in that range these days as well. Jake has been fighting guys smaller than him for his short career, like Anderson (187lb), Tyron (191lb), Tommy Fury (185lb), Askren (191lbs), but I know he is cutting. Tyson never had to cut weight. Maybe Jake walks around in the 230lb ballpark?
Jake is going to be faster and he has youth on his side by 30 years. I don't see this going well for Tyson, but I hope I'm wrong.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
How big is Jake? Tyson's career was 220-230lbs. I'd imagine he is somewhere in that range these days as well. Jake has been fighting guys smaller than him for his short career, like Anderson (187lb), Tyron (191lb), Tommy Fury (185lb), Askren (191lbs), but I know he is cutting. Tyson never had to cut weight. Maybe Jake walks around in the 230lb ballpark?
Jake is going to be faster and he has youth on his side by 30 years. I don't see this going well for Tyson, but I hope I'm wrong.
I just looked up Tyson's weight vs. Jones Jr. and it was 220. Apparently Paul's last fight was at 199. They are probably the same weight.

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
I am sad/angry Tyson is taking this fight. I hope Jake completely flatlines him in the first round. What a joke. People are so dumb today, that if Jake wins they will say he is a better boxer than Tyson.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I am sad/angry Tyson is taking this fight. I hope Jake completely flatlines him in the first round. What a joke. People are so dumb today, that if Jake wins they will say he is a better boxer than Tyson.
Dude, what in the holy fuck are you talking about.
There's like 3 people on the earth that would entertain such a stupid proposition.
I'm not sure where the other 2 are.

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Not a fan of this fight

Tyson's mind isn't that of a young hungry fighter, Jake is 30 years younger

I can see it being a planned decision like most of the Paul fights, a payday if you will

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This is just a gimmick that Jake will use to pump up his cred.

No way Tyson takes this to the limit.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My thinking on this is that it's all about Tyson's fitness. If his legs can still move him around real well he should get inside on Jake. He should be able to beat Jake up. This will take conditioning. He still has his power.

Either way it should be fun to watch. Both guys will come in fit and trying to win. Even if Tyson wins, Paul can still benefit if he puts on a great showing.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

Speaking to reporter Radio Rahim, Chisora said: “I know for a fact they are using 18oz gloves and head guards. So we’re watching a sparring match. It’s a f***ing joke. You think I’m paying to watch that?”

ender852

TMMAC Addict
Jan 31, 2015

Speaking to reporter Radio Rahim, Chisora said: “I know for a fact they are using 18oz gloves and head guards. So we’re watching a sparring match. It’s a f***ing joke. You think I’m paying to watch that?”
No one is, it's on netflix