General 6/27/2024 Presidential Debate (Official Live Thread)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It's a meme stock. Cash in now
It is a meme stock.
But I have faith in the Stonks Overlords to get this thing to $60. Diamond Hands.

Although my paper hands say: If the Newsome thing has legs I'll take my money and run.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I did a "there's no fucking way" when Biden said the border patrol endorsed him.

I was right
He was once again lying through his dentures.

1000009030.jpg

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I did a "there's no fucking way" when Biden said the border patrol endorsed him.

I was right
He was once again lying through his dentures.

View attachment 106485

I'm not going to fact check you because you're not a mad conspiracy theorist. But I'm pretty sure that is a made up account.

I could be wrong. Just can't be bothered to spend the time checking.

But it smells very fishy to me.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'm not going to fact check you because you're not a mad conspiracy theorist. But I'm pretty sure that is a made up account.

I could be wrong. Just can't be bothered to spend the time checking.

But it smells very fishy to me.
It's legit. I checked.

Also...

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Unpopular Opinion: Biden might have done so poorly it's actually BAD for Trump.

A few stutters and nonsensical mutterings would have been good for Trump. But Biden's obvious cognitive inefficiencies were so bad there's no way the DNC can move forward with Biden.

I've said before Biden might be the only guy Trump can beat. If the DNC dreams up a way to get Biden out and they insert Newsome, that's probably worse for Trump. Newsome is a slick talker. A professional politician. My assumption is he debates very well. He also happens to be a fucking idiot that destroyed his state, but Dems will jump at the chance to vote for him against Trump.

Trump dunks on Biden. It probably gets called before CA even starts to vote.

Against Newsome? I think it is a much closer contest.

And LOL at nobody even considering Kamala stepping in.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The stupid old lying cunt
They endorsed the "bipartisan" border bill that was voted down because of the $60 billion rider for Ukraine that was tied to it.

That will be his administration's spin on what he meant. But that's not what he said.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Unpopular Opinion: Biden might have done so poorly it's actually BAD for Trump.

A few stutters and nonsensical mutterings would have been good for Trump. But Biden's obvious cognitive inefficiencies were so bad there's no way the DNC can move forward with Biden.

I've said before Biden might be the only guy Trump can beat. If the DNC dreams up a way to get Biden out and they insert Newsome, that's probably worse for Trump. Newsome is a slick talker. A professional politician. My assumption is he debates very well. He also happens to be a fucking idiot that destroyed his state, but Dems will jump at the chance to vote for him against Trump.

Trump dunks on Biden. It probably gets called before CA even starts to vote.

Against Newsome? I think it is a much closer contest.

Trump will be the next President. I dont care who they run. $100 still on the table for anyone who wants the bet.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I don’t know what everyone else was expecting, but I thought Biden did way better than I expected. Yeah it was a total train wreck, and he doesn’t belong anywhere near the iron throne, but we all knew this was the case. Everyone seems so surprised that he a senile old man? WTF?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Trump will be the next President. I dont care who they run. $100 still on the table for anyone who wants the bet.
If he behaves as well as he did in this debate he 100% has a shot. He was much more measured.

By "has a shot" I mean against Newsome.
If Biden is the choice, Trump will fucking boatrace him.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I don’t know what everyone else was expecting, but I thought Biden did way better than I expected. Yeah it was a total train wreck, and he doesn’t belong anywhere near the iron throne, but we all knew this was the case. Everyone seems so surprised that he a senile old man? WTF?
The drugs they gave him for the State of the Union worked pretty well. Not many fuckups. I guess I assumed they had the cocktail figured by now and he'd manage to not look like an absolute geriatric.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I like reading transcripts of Biden's speeches.

Completely unbiased, word for word of the POTUS...

For example, we have a thousand trillionaires in America – I mean, billionaires in America. And what’s happening? They’re in a situation where they, in fact, pay 8.2 percent in taxes. If they just paid 24 percent or 25 percent, either one of those numbers, they’d raised $500 million – billion dollars, I should say, in a 10-year period.

We’d be able to right wipe out his debt. We’d be able to help make sure that all those things we need to do – childcare, elder care, making sure that we continue to strengthen our healthcare system, making sure that we’re able to make every single solitary person eligible for what I’ve been able to do with the – with – with – with the COVID. Excuse me, with dealing with everything we have to do with – look, if – we finally beat Medicare

LMAO
Fuck you, Medicare!
We kicked your ass!

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
In 1863, Abraham Lincoln gave his "Four score and seven years ago..." address at Gettysburg.

Roughly 80 years after that, FDR gave his "Day of Infamy" speech after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.

fast forward another 80 +/- years and we get my favorite exchange of the night. One for the history books:

BIDEN: You’re going to see he’s six-foot-five and only 225 pounds – or 235 pounds.

TRUMP: (inaudible).

BIDEN: Well, you said six-four, 200.

TRUMP: (inaudible).

BIDEN: Well, anyway, that’s – anyway, just take a look at what he says he is and take a look at what he is.

Look, I’d be happy to have a driving contest with him. I got my handicap, which, when I was vice president, down to a 6.

And by the way, I told you before I’m happy to play golf if you carry your own bag. Think you can do it?

TRUMP: That’s the biggest lie that he’s a 6 handicap, of all.

BIDEN: I was 8 handicap.

TRUMP: Yeah.

BIDEN: Eight, but I have – you know how many…

TRUMP: I’ve seen your swing, I know your swing.

(CROSSTALK)

BASH: President Trump, we’re going to…

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Let’s not act like children.

BIDEN: You are a child.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
She must be considered to be absolute cancer at the polls if they won't put her forward as candidate, despite her being vice president.

It would be an admission that she has been nothing more than a token gesture to counter Biden's "old-white-male-ness", I wonder if there would be a backlash by some Democrat voters if that happens.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
She must be considered to be absolute cancer at the polls if they won't put her forward as candidate, despite her being vice president.

It would be an admission that she has been nothing more than a token gesture to counter Biden's "old-white-male-ness", I wonder if there would be a backlash by some Democrat voters if that happens.

How about a Big Mike and Kamala ticket?

Magine the magatards if they won lol.