General A thread to discuss and follow the incoming inflation bomb

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

I'm guessing my figure is low for your area - I don't remember specifying '8 dollars in Podunk Shitsville, Flyover Country' or wherever you live - but I'm also strongly guessing that you're still exaggerating.

Anyway it does not matter. If a job gets 'killed' because it exists only due to extreme exploitation and the business cannot be (sufficiently) profitable at a more reasonable wage, then I say:

XtReMe ExToRtIoN

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
XtReMe ExToRtIoN
'Exploitation' you Canadian mounted.

See what I did there? I took a popular Canadian stereotype - the 'Mountie' - but twisted it into its obverse which made it a delightful double entendre that implied that either you are a homosexual bottom, or lack grappling skills.

I'll show myself out.

M

member 1013

'Exploitation' you Canadian mounted.

See what I did there? I took a popular Canadian stereotype - the 'Mountie' - but twisted it into its obverse which made it a delightful double entendre that implied that either you are a homosexual bottom, or lack grappling skills.

I'll show myself out.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Hauler @Hauler, Sleepy Joe has heard you and he's making some changes. The looking for work requirement is coming back for unemployment benefits. woooooooooo

M

member 1013

Jesus fuck! Getting 3/8" osb @ $96 per sheet here. Think prices will return to normal eventually?

Speaking with the father in law, he says prices have moved as drastically as they have here
Eventually they will lower but will still end up higher than they have been traditionally i fink

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
what is that exactly...is that wood pre stained or is just that dark
I think my neighbor has that wood...stains it each summer
It's a brazillian hardwood.
Like cutting concrete. Heavy as shit.
It's so dense it fucking sinks in water.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Eventually they will lower but will still end up higher than they have been traditionally i fink
Yeah - That's what I think too.
We'll crash before too long - I'm thinking Q4 - but we'll never see 2019 numbers again.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If you look at the amount of housing supply shortage in the United States, Even with a huge increase in new housing units we will be behind for several more years. So even with a focused effort we're several years from seeing housing prices start to moderate and even then I don't think it'll be a bust.
Because of housing supply running up the cost of existing houses you can now justify increased remodel and new build cost as well and all of their associated products.
Looking at the lag on supply chain and significantly increase demand for the moderate future timeline I think you'll see a moderating of wood prices 18 or 24 months from now but probably no bust either.

We're in a new normal for like 5 years here unless some significant supply changes happen.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It's a brazillian hardwood.
Like cutting concrete. Heavy as shit.
It's so dense it fucking sinks in water.
I have seen it, badass wood
Saw a guy pressure wash it with a turbo tip and it was hard as a motha

Just never seen it raw or before it was stained

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If you look at the amount of housing supply shortage in the United States, Even with a huge increase in new housing units we will be behind for several more years. So even with a focused effort we're several years from seeing housing prices start to moderate and even then I don't think it'll be a bust.
Because of housing supply running up the cost of existing houses you can now justify increased remodel and new build cost as well and all of their associated products.
Looking at the lag on supply chain and significantly increase demand for the moderate future timeline I think you'll see a moderating of wood prices 18 or 24 months from now but probably no bust either.

We're in a new normal for like 5 years here unless some significant supply changes happen.
Oregon is pushing out Tons of giant high quality trees that were burnt in the massive non arson fires here last year...Big Big trees...That will probably last for a few years...I-5 is a steady stream of lumber going south and north out of this area

Just throwing that into the wood discussion

M

member 1013

But Muh modern monetary theory