General A thread to discuss and follow the incoming inflation bomb

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It is labor.
Our market is a butterfly effect. Everything is tied to everything else.

Shortages = Higher Pricing
Supply/Demand

Like a ripple in still water, when there's no pebble tossed. Nor wind to blow.
I mean, I'm mostly just giving you a hard time, but you can't blame Biden's bennies for a labor shortage causing supply issues when the supplies aren't manufactured in America, and in many cases wouldn't be impacted by the bennies anyways.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I mean, I'm mostly just giving you a hard time, but you can't blame Biden's bennies for a labor shortage causing supply issues when the supplies aren't manufactured in America, and in many cases wouldn't be impacted by the bennies anyways.
I don't blame Biden. Trump would have done the same thing.
But they were left in place for way too long - so maybe that is on Biden. At the very least it's on DC as a whole. You can't govern the nation as one entity. States should make that call based on the situations they are dealing with.

If you pay people to not work, that's what they'll do.

Plenty of things are still manufactured in America and are completely jacked.

Cabinet lead times have gone from 4 weeks standard out to 16.
Windows from 4 weeks standard out to 20 weeks.
Anything that requires US labor has seen their lead times - at minimum - double. And then once it's built, good fucking luck getting a truck under it.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I don't blame Biden. Trump would have done the same thing.
But they were left in place for way too long - so maybe that is on Biden. At the very least it's on DC as a whole. You can't govern the nation as one entity. States should make that call based on the situations they are dealing with.

If you pay people to not work, that's what they'll do.

Plenty of things are still manufactured in America and are completely jacked.

Cabinet lead times have gone from 4 weeks standard out to 16.
Windows from 4 weeks standard out to 20 weeks.
Anything that requires US labor has seen their lead times - at minimum - double. And then once it's built, good fucking luck getting a truck under it.
Is the hardware for the cabinets and windows actually made in America?

In the case of autmotive, there's no North American labor shortage whatsoever. It's an Asian supply issue.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Is the hardware for the cabinets and windows actually made in America?

In the case of autmotive, there's no North American labor shortage whatsoever. It's an Asian supply issue.
Some of it is, yes. But I'm sure some is import.
Adhesives are taking much of the blame lately.

And yeah, I know about the chip shortage. DC should be very concerned with how dependent we are on our "friends" out east. There's no automotive labor shortage because they are all laid off. Haha.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Some of it is, yes. But I'm sure some is import.
Adhesives are taking much of the blame lately.
Where are the adhesives made? I'm not playing games, I legitimately have no idea.

And yeah, I know about the chip shortage. DC should be very concerned with how dependent we are on our "friends" out east. There's no automotive labor shortage because they are all laid off. Haha.
We got told last week we're getting a 40% reduction in new cars. We were the last ones to get caught by the chip shortage.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Where are the adhesives made? I'm not playing games, I legitimately have no idea.
Texas is a heavy producer. They are still recovering from the utility failures and gulf weather. Many manufacturers declared a force majeure - which basically means sorry about your luck. Contracts were voided, and eveyone was put on a supply allocation where you might get enough material to cover 30% of your actual needs.

Then that, in turn, has a larger impact down the line as adhesives - generally speaking - aren't the end product.

Again - butterfly effect.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Texas is a heavy producer. They are still recovering from the utility failures and gulf weather. Many manufacturers declared a force majeure - which basically means sorry about your luck. Contracts were voided, and eveyone was put on a supply allocation where you might get enough material to cover 30% of your actual needs.

Then that, in turn, has a larger impact down the line as adhesives - generally speaking - aren't the end product.

Again - butterfly effect.
Well for fuck's sake. You can't blame Washington for Texas sucking. That's Splinty @Splinty fault.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Yes, sir. 2 weeks ago we had 11 new cars. Right now everything that comes in was sold months ago.
Every lot here is empty as shit.

I have a 2019 truck and the dealer I grabbed it from keeps calling me trying to buy it. LMAO.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Every lot here is empty as shit.

I have a 2019 truck and the dealer I grabbed it from keeps calling me trying to buy it. LMAO.
I'm trading in my truck mostly because there's so much equity in it, I kind of have to.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yes, sir. 2 weeks ago we had 11 new cars. Right now everything that comes in was sold months ago.
Yota dealer here only has new trucks when one that was ordered months ago comes in and the purchaser decides to not buy it and eats some sort of fee. They only last a couple days before being sold to a guy like me who is in the market.

I keep checking those ones out looking for one I like...Bout to switch one of my mortgage payment for a fat truck payment because the mortgage will be done.

I could drive to portland for better selection but haven't done so yet.

M

member 1013

Where before I was reasonably confident the inflation worries were at best a temporary blip, now I'm resoundingly confident the idea is an influence campaign to control monetary policy. Splinty @Splinty @Let Love Lead let's have a friendly wager on this. The CPI rose this month by 0.8%. I will bet that by October, the average monthly increase will be no greater than 0.2% if not in the negative. If inflation is running away, this prediction should easily fail. If I lose, I'll pay each of you the difference in how much higher it is times $100, e.g. 1.0-0.2=0.8 * 100=80 or 0.5-0.2=0.3 * 100=30 etc. If I win, you both donate 0.2% of your 2020 tax return to a charitable cause of my choosing.
12E7DE18-6819-410B-AF17-BEF4366EF921.jpeg
i did it

I looked it up

kneeblock @kneeblock!! R u reaaaaadyyy