General A thread to discuss and follow the incoming inflation bomb

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

I enjoy reports like that that highlight neglected parts of the economy. What is your central bank currently doing with interest rates?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
M

member 1013

Canada's inflation rate hit 5.1 per cent in January, its highest level since 1991.

Statistics Canada reported Wednesday that if volatile items, like food and energy, are stripped out of the numbers, the cost of living went up at a pace of 4.3 per cent. But even that toned-down figure is the highest dating back to 1999.
Canada M2 money supply has exploded:

Canada Money Supply M2 - January 2022 Data - 1968-2021 Historical - February Forecast

The Bank of Canada balance sheet shows it has bough the entirety of the federal deficits since 2020, creating the above explosion in money supply.

Bank of Canada assets and liabilities: Weekly (formerly B2)

The PBO testified that in 2020 and 2021, the government has had 176 billions of new spending unrelated to covid:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw5FXcDLQAs

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
I wanna play. What's it mean?
It can mean to enthusiastically throw (can he hit, just the act of pushing an object away forcefully) something (ex. I just yeeted that ball over the fence)
Or
To move quickly out of something (ex. ima YEET away to South America)
Or
Just an exclamation. (ex. YEET!)

Source : 10 year old that plays fortnite and uses YEET all three ways.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It can mean to enthusiastically throw (can he hit, just the act of pushing an object away forcefully) something (ex. I just yeeted that ball over the fence)
Or
To move quickly out of something (ex. ima YEET away to South America)
Or
Just an exclamation. (ex. YEET!)

Source : 10 year old that plays fortnite and uses YEET all three ways.
My niece was over for the Super Bowl and was using the word "bussin". I proceeded to annoy the piss out of her by using the term incessantly to describe everything.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
My niece was over for the Super Bowl and was using the word "bussin". I proceeded to annoy the piss out of her by using the term incessantly to describe everything.
Did you hit her with some of the references of your youth like "skullduggery" and "tomfoolery" ?