General A thread to discuss and follow the incoming inflation bomb

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

The bar has been raised.
Just like I predicted

If you own lumber stocks...
bar is raised on everything and it’s never going down

only solution is to regulate worker pay raises tied to corporate profits and unionize the workforce

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
bar is raised on everything and it’s never going down

only solution is to regulate worker pay raises tied to corporate profits and unionize the workforce

Unions suck, bruh.

M

member 3289

Went to buy another mister because I really like this model.

Less than 2 years and the price has gone up 33%. But that's from an unknown site I'm not sure I can trust. Amazon doesn't carry it any more. The cheapest major retailer has it for $129.99.

Kewl

20220428_115557.jpg

Screenshot_20220427-204659_Google.jpg

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
spoken like someone who was born into a system where the only rights and benefits of workers were fought for (often literally) by unions
They had their purpose. They done good.
Now? Nah.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Screenshot_20220428-131112_Chrome.jpg

$400/m was the norm.

I'm thinking $700/m becomes the new norm, and we see +/- $100/m from there in normal market fluctuations.

A nice little 75% bump.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
lol

you and your reagonomics
Ever worked on a union job? It's a joke.

They work really hard to hardly work.

Although I did like getting prevailing wage when a job went with us instead of fucking with the union.

M

member 1013

Ever worked on a union job? It's a joke.

They work really hard to hardly work.

Although I did like getting prevailing wage when a job went with us instead of fucking with the union.
yes i worked high rise construction in the carpentry union. we hire union trades for our developments. they’re doing way better than the other tradies, not even comparable.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
yes i worked high rise construction in the carpentry union. we hire union trades for our developments. they’re doing way better than the other tradies, not even comparable.
Likely bullshit, but if true...anecdotal.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
why would i make that up bruv?

there is no way for the plebes to stand up to people like me without organizing
Maybe it's different up there.

Around here, if you want something to cost 3x as much and take twice as long to get done...go union.

M

member 1013

Maybe it's different up there.

Around here, if you want something to cost 3x as much and take twice as long to get done...go union.
would you rather be a union journeyman plumber making 56 bucks an hour in one of the “hottest” markets in the world like toronto or would you rather be non union where the average rate is 28.50, in one of the most expensive cities in the world?

my projects are very large scale, almost all the companies large enough to work on them are unionized and the non unionized companies charge equivalent rates with much lower wages.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
would you rather be a union journeyman plumber making 56 bucks an hour in one of the “hottest” markets in the world like toronto or would you rather be non union where the average rate is 28.50, in one of the most expensive cities in the world?

my projects are very large scale, almost all the companies large enough to work on them are unionized and the non unionized companies charge equivalent rates with much lower wages.
I thought you were a union janitor.

Why is Toronto one of the most expensive cities in the world?

M

member 1013

I thought you were a union janitor.

Why is Toronto one of the most expensive cities in the world?
it’s an alpha class city, a world financial centre, has a massive economy, attracts insane amounts of foreign investment, is the cultural centre of english canada, and land is scarce.

it’s not because of union wages lol

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
In a few years we're going to call this period "the great Inflation heist" due to the way "recovery" became about upward wealth transfer. I was optimistic that the central bank would intervene and that Russia wouldn't invade Ukraine and also believed people would learn their leasons during COVID. Instead, everyone kept their foot on the gas so now I've no choice but to become a tankie.

M

member 1013

In a few years we're going to call this period "the great Inflation heist" due to the way "recovery" became about upward wealth transfer. I was optimistic that the central bank would intervene and that Russia wouldn't invade Ukraine and also believed people would learn their leasons during COVID. Instead, everyone kept their foot on the gas so now I've no choice but to become a tankie.
i told you the optimism was misplaced

i hate always being right

it’s a curse

Hauler @Hauler

i