Amazon did Beta testing & aired UFC 221 by invite only on Saturday.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
UFC on Amazon Prime would be sweet....I have it now, it's awesome.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Nice that Meltzer credited me with the breaking story in his weekly newsletter.
Comes at a good time, as I was just offered a paid position to help an upstart website on the MMA end (waiting on contract)

Thanks to all that appreciate the info I bring!

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Jeff Bezos now owns The Washington Post - made a multimillion dollar deal with the CIA and is pumping out listening devices in thousands of homes via their "Alexa".

Google Vs Amazon @ UFC 300 for true supremacy of your lives!

Winner takes all!

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
on your thoughts Wild. this is what i said from the beginning. the new owners arent in the MMA game. they are in the money making game.

they are coming in to renegotiate new deals, meet their financial objectives, collect their bonuses, and flip the company. the will be gone in a couple of years. I've echoed this many times. why do you think everything they are doing in short sighted? it's not that they cant build contenders. its just that they probably see greater short terms gains by pocketing anything they can and let the UFC brand carry the company as much as possible.
This would certainly explain why WME isn't kicking their promotional engine into high gear. This is a key question that needs to be addressed. They are a powerhouse in the media field, but the UFC has seen none of it more than they've always gotten.

Why haven't they done it?

This is for discussions sake & not to say what is "definitely" real or not... because we don't know. We have to keep in mind that your thoughts & mine are both just theories. I see a hole in what you are saying though that I'd like to explore.

If nobody is watching, then it's worth nothing. That's to say that if they're gonna do a quick flip, they got to show interest in viewers. Doing a bunch of budget cuts like last year & having a once in a lifetime event like Mac/May isn't going to fool someone with 5 bill + to spend when the viewership is down, & if they continue on like they are, viewership will decline even further making it even harder to flip.

So my thought is that they are doing things right now with a more long term oriented plan... not designed for a quick flip. If they were just interested in a quick flip they would've never let viewership go down. They certainly have the capability to rock up & advertise. Not saying they don't want to flip it... I'm just saying that they don't want a "quick" flip. I think they want to put a new more successful model into place that will prove itself. Then at that time, they can flip it or not. All good either way.

Dana reported right after the deal... that Ari has a 2 - 3 year plan that would change everything for the better. Dana thinks that it could take longer to reach its full potential. Either way though... the new TV deal & turning Fight Pass over to a sub-contractor like FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC has been reporting... are both keys to the discussion. What are the intimacies of the new TV deal? The new Fight Pass deal?

What if they get rid of the entire PPV model (that they are losing a ton of money on with illegal steaming) & they broadcast all their big events? What if the new TV deal is reported at 250 mill a year (escalating each year) but the UFC gets "viewership money." I'm saying that maybe they get 250 mill base but if viewership goes to 10 mill instead of 2 mill, the UFC makes bank.

I also find it very interesting that McGregor is holding off till August with no explanation of why. (in before the haters say he'z ducking :D) What else happens around that time? Interestingly, the old TV deal is out & the new TV deal is in. Just food for thought. (Edit: I was mistaken... the new network deal It's to be "finalized" mid year... but it doesn't actually start till 01/01/19)

This all happens very soon... & i think the details of those arrangements will shed a lot of light on why they are doing what they're doing.

If your theory is correct... I guess you could say that they will go ahead & invest just a little more into this year's promotions so that viewership doesn't decline further... but I think there's more at play than what you're saying. I think they do have a more long term strategy. They have to. Even if they wanted to flip it... they never would've let viewer interest go down.

I don't know what the answer is.. but it's just food for thought.

My theory is that they are waiting for the new TV deal before kicking the promotional engine into high gear. Why kick it into high gear with a sub-par TV deal, & a flawed PPV system? That may be the answer to the question I brought up at the top of this post. I think they have something cooking that they are cocked & loaded & waiting to blast off.

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This would certainly explain why WME isn't kicking their promotional engine into high gear. This is a key question that needs to be addressed. They are a powerhouse in the media field, but the UFC has seen none of it more than they've always gotten.

Why haven't they done it?

This is for discussions sake & not to say what is "definitely" real or not... because we don't know. We have to keep in mind that your thoughts & mine are both just theories. I see a hole in what you are saying though that I'd like to explore.

If nobody is watching, then it's worth nothing. That's to say that if they're gonna do a quick flip, they got to show interest in viewers. Doing a bunch of budget cuts like last year & having a once in a lifetime event like Mac/May isn't going to fool someone with 5 bill + to spend when the viewership is down, & if they continue on like they are, viewership will decline even further making it even harder to flip.

So my thought is that they are doing things right now with a more long term oriented plan... not designed for a quick flip. If they were just interested in a quick flip they would've never let viewership go down. They certainly have the capability to rock up & advertise. Not saying they don't want to flip it... I'm just saying that they don't want a "quick" flip. I think they want to put a new more successful model into place that will prove itself. Then at that time, they can flip it or not. All good either way.

Dana reported right after the deal... that Ari has a 2 - 3 year plan that would change everything for the better. Dana thinks that it could take longer to reach its full potential. Either way though... the new TV deal & turning Fight Pass over to a sub-contractor like FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC has been reporting... are both keys to the discussion. What are the intimacies of the new TV deal? The new Fight Pass deal?

What if they get rid of the entire PPV model (that they are losing a ton of money on with illegal steaming) & they broadcast all their big events? What if the new TV deal is reported at 250 mill a year (escalating each year) but the UFC gets "viewership money." I'm saying that maybe they get 250 mill base but if viewership goes to 10 mill instead of 2 mill, the UFC makes bank.

I also find it very interesting that McGregor is holding off till August with no explanation of why. (in before the haters say he'z ducking :D) What else happens around that time? Interestingly, the old TV deal is out & the new TV deal is in. Just food for thought.

This all happens very soon... & i think the details of those arrangements will shed a lot of light on why they are doing what they're doing.

If your theory is correct... I guess you could say that they will go ahead & invest just a little more into this year's promotions so that viewership doesn't decline further... but I think there's more at play than what you're saying. I think they do have a more long term strategy. They have to. Even if they wanted to flip it... they never would've let viewer interest go down.

I don't know what the answer is.. but it's just food for thought.

My theory is that they are waiting for the new TV deal before kicking the promotional engine into high gear. Why kick it into high gear with a sub-par TV deal, & a flawed PPV system? That may be the answer to the question I brought up at the top of this post. I think they have something cooking that they are cocked & loaded & waiting to blast off.
Very good and interesting post. You may just be right. For the UFC's sake, I hope that you are and we start seeing WME kick some ass later on this year & in the future.

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
Very good and interesting post. You may just be right. For the UFC's sake, I hope that you are and we start seeing WME kick some ass later on this year & in the future.
Thanx bro... yeah, it's completely puzzling as to why they haven't let their Kung Fu loose yet... but the thing that makes the most sense to me is that they're waiting for this new deal.

Then we really see what's what.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thanx bro... yeah, it's completely puzzling as to why they haven't let their Kung Fu loose yet... but the thing that makes the most sense to me is that they're waiting for this new deal.

You make an interesting point with McGregor holding off til August, which lines up with the TV deal. Maybe they get the new TV deal and put on some stacked cards. Shit you have me erect now homie.

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
You make an interesting point with McGregor holding off til August, which lines up with the TV deal. Maybe they get the new TV deal and put on some stacked cards. Shit you have me erect now homie.
Edit: I was mistaken... the new network deal It's to be "finalized" mid year... but it doesn't actually start till 01/01/19
Mac on the first event sponsored by the new network...

Fook yeah.

ALL DEE ERECTIONZ!!!

Last edited:

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I go out to watch most of the PPVs so I don't know how it would work on multiple screens, I'm sure they'd sort something out.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017

As you well know, I said the day the sale was announced that we won't see WME's footprint until 202 ;)

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
UFC on Amazon Prime would be sweet....I have it now, it's awesome.
still they want 65 bucks

I do love amazon prime though....U make a thread and I will throw all the good shows I catch on it.

Prime has some Gems....vast numbers of Docs that aren't elsewhere

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Ur a funny fuck

u know that?

LOL good times

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
still they want 65 bucks

I do love amazon prime though....U make a thread and I will throw all the good shows I catch on it.

Prime has some Gems....vast numbers of Docs that aren't elsewhere
Yeah I was referring more to the Fight Pass aspect on Prime. I won't be ordering any PPV's on it.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I'm repeating myself as I just mentioned it in the other thread but it would be nice to see some sort of discount for Prime members much like PlayStation used to offer for its Plus members.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I'm repeating myself as I just mentioned it in the other thread but it would be nice to see some sort of discount for Prime members much like PlayStation used to offer for its Plus members.
If they buy FP?
Maybe
If not, i severely doubt it

Nov 21, 2015
I voted against the person who wanted to bring an Amazon warehouse near me. They said it would bring lots of jobs, but when a local economy is centered on one business, I feel it's too vulnerable. Plus, they can keep their delivery drones to themselves. I don't want them flying over my house all the time, whenever they do whatever probably nasty political thing they'll do to get the FAA to approve them. But I do like the Amazon Video service.
Amazon will be all our daddy soon and there isn't a damn thing any of us can do about it.

Except... Buy shares