Anderson Silva cuts deal with USADA for UFC return - ‘My legacy is restored

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
in 95-98% of cases yes

if you are making millions a fight you can afford pure supplements and to have them tested

just my opinion
You're not allowed to have supplements tested and in some instances USADA certified labs have had contaminated supplements.

Dim

Aug 3, 2017
So they found he took a contaminated substance.... Unknowingly..... And they still want to suspend him until November.... Because why? They are basically saying "we know you were essentially drugged/poisoned, you didn't do it on purpose, but fuck it, sit out not making money"..... That's some bullshit.
it comes down to degree of fault.

If i take something from a reputable brand, that has been third party batch tested and carries a certification, and it turns out to be contaminated, then my degree of fault is minimal, if any and the result would be probably no more than a warning. Could I have reasonably suspected the product would be "contaminated". No, because I had taken every possible precaution.

if i visit Max Gains Anobolic Emporium online and buy Dr Shredded's "Super Max Testosterone Booster" and that turns out to be contaminated then my degree of fault is considerably higher. Could I have reasonably suspected that the product may contain unlisted prohibited substances? Yes.. probably..

Examples..

Could Lyman Good have known that something from a well known brand marketed as vitamin and amino acid would have unlisted prohibited substances? Probably not (although the brand has known in the past to produce dodgy shit), he got a very short penalty

Could Tim Means have suspected that something called "HGH-X" contained unlisted prohibited substances? Probably. he got a longer suspension.

Could Jon Jones have known that a generic pill from a box marked "Research chemical - not for human consumption" contain unlisted prohibited substances? Hell yes, which is why he got zero reduction in his sentance.

Its all down to what degree of fault you are determined to have.

In Andersons case, he bought supplements from a pharmacy that mixed their own supplements in house. Despite their claims of everything being safe its well known that pharmacies can be pretty slack when it comes to cross contamination. The same equipment is used to measure or weigh countless products and they certainly dont do a full clean down between runs.

So if buying something from MusclePharm that has been batch tested and verified free of prohibited substances is a 1 on the risk scale.. and buying Dr Shredded's super max testosterone booster is a 10 on the risk scale, visiting a pharmacy that mix all their own stuff in store is probably a 5 on the risk scale.

hence a degree of fault on teh part of the athlete.

Dim

Aug 3, 2017
You're not allowed to have supplements tested and in some instances USADA certified labs have had contaminated supplements.
not sure where you get the idea you arent allowed to have supplements tested. SMRTL, UCLA are private labs, they are not owned or controlled by USADA. If I want to walk into SMRTL and request testing of something I can.. If im prepared to pay for it. :D

If you were allowed to have supplements tested you could bring them in laced with PED's and keep having them tested until you found a blend that wouldn't test positive.
detection of a substance in a raw product and detection of a substance excreted or metabolised would be pretty different to be honest.. Testing the supplement you would look for the actual substance, but testing in an anti doping sense you may be testing for a metabolite rather than the actual substance.

but anyway, you dont need to. There are groups like Informed-Choice.org and NSF who batch test tens of hundreds of supplements and certify them as free of prohibited substances.

Anything carrying these logos has been third party tested

interestingly, the UFC's own supplement sponsor "performance inspired" (which happen to be part funded by WME/IMG) have all their products tested and certfied by informed-choice.

Last edited:

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
LOL, you have gotten 2 pinks in the last month alone just from personal attacks on me and hardcore racist talk, yeah you are not a bright bolt, more like a dull butter knife.

What's a matter, you afraid to say the racist shit that guy you a pink the other 2 times. LOL, you are muzzled now and struggling
You called Jason an inbred redneck, trying to be racist yourself. These are often coupled, and aimed at white people for the most part, as racist slang. I've seen both in many races btw.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
lol I dunno
I just don't buy the tainted sups excuse...seems like the go to regardless of your usage nowadays
Because it has worked. Both Anderson and Usada have now a way out of this mess. Behind the curtains, they'll figure out how to keep the coin rolling. Because USADA has been too effective for it's own good. Absolutely nobody has benefitted from it, except for the clean opponents. What was to be for public image only, has come and bite them in the ass.

No more Brock? No more Jones? No more Spider? oops...

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
This thread has been equally informative and uncomfortable.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
not sure where you get the idea you arent allowed to have supplements tested. SMRTL, UCLA are private labs, they are not owned or controlled by USADA. If I want to walk into SMRTL and request testing of something I can.. If im prepared to pay for it. :D

detection of a substance in a raw product and detection of a substance excreted or metabolised would be pretty different to be honest.. Testing the supplement you would look for the actual substance, but testing in an anti doping sense you may be testing for a metabolite rather than the actual substance.

but anyway, you dont need to. There are groups like Informed-Choice.org and NSF who batch test tens of hundreds of supplements and certify them as free of prohibited substances.

Anything carrying these logos has been third party tested

interestingly, the UFC's own supplement sponsor "performance inspired" (which happen to be part funded by WME/IMG) have all their products tested and certfied by informed-choice.
It's as good as you're going to get, but third party testing doesn't guarantee your supplements can't still be tainted. Jeff Novitzky has discussed both that and the inability of having WADA lab testing done by individuals at length.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Problem is the Iranians that do MMA are not crappy, they are pretty badass so that fucks up your idea. Maybe they could bring some shitty white guy to lose too, since the guys he beat the easiest are white guys, since you want to make it about race.

If they bring in Gegard, he will lose and get finished. Amir Aliakbari could slaughter him also, the guy is a huge undefeated heavy prospect, gold medal wrestler, only has lost to a likely roided up Mirko in Rizin. THey would have to resort to putting in the Moktaharian brothers in there with him, but good luck getting that to pass the commision as those guys are 145 and 135 ers.

Maybe you can find some retarded rednecks in your family for him to fight, if they put down their bud light long enough.
What's about WMMA? any prospects there?

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You called Jason an inbred redneck, trying to be racist yourself. These are often coupled, and aimed at white people for the most part, as racist slang. I've seen both in many races btw.

That was after he started up with the bullshit talk, I was giving him a taste of his own bullshit, timelines how do they work?

Try to keep up, I was illustrating that it is bullshit to go that route. I was simply posting about Anderson not being able to go Matrix anymore, totally respectable stuff, and he went the racist route, so I retorted to show him that it is bullshit to go that route.

Of course you want to just start with my post and ignore all that.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
That was after he started up with the bullshit talk, I was giving him a taste of his own bullshit, timelines how do they work?

Try to keep up, I was illustrating that it is bullshit to go that route. I was simply posting about Anderson not being able to go Matrix anymore, totally respectable stuff, and he went the racist route, so I retorted to show him that it is bullshit to go that route.

Of course you want to just start with my post and ignore all that.
Nope. Just pointing out that you're as racist as Jason. Try to keep up.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Nope. Just pointing out that you're as racist as Jason. Try to keep up.
Iranians lack the part of the frontal lobe that allows them to recognize and accept thier own actions. Dr yamatov proved that this goes hand in hand with small penises amongst thier male population.

Status
Not open for further replies.